Windows 10: Every other day, there is a notification that you need updates

Discus and support Every other day, there is a notification that you need updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have set up my Win 10 Pro to notify updates via Group Policy. I am daily getting notification that you need some updates. When I go to updates and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sam9, Oct 29, 2017.

1. sam9 Win User

Every other day, there is a notification that you need updates

I have set up my Win 10 Pro to notify updates via Group Policy. I am daily getting notification that you need some updates. When I go to updates and click download, it says your device is updated. Some times this notification is genuine and updates are downloaden after clicking download but on all other days, there is no update but still false notification.

:)

2. 7thSense Win User

is there a tile that acts as a folder for other tiles on lumia 800

Add your suggestion(s) over at the official user voice site:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/

Also note that there are apps that let you add "header tiles" to group things.

7thSense, Oct 29, 2017
  3. is there a tile that acts as a folder for other tiles on lumia 800

That feature is not there, where you can build app groups. I was also dissapointed to find out that windows phone does not have that feature Every other day, there is a notification that you need updates :(

Jay_answers, Oct 29, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, that's a useful setting, I find. Since upgrading to the CU (not the FCU) I find I get daily notifications of Defender updates, which didn't occur before (I'm (still) using Avast).

But clicking on each notification does show an update or updates in Settings.

So I'd guess the regular notification should be Defender related, if that helps.

dalchina, Oct 30, 2017
  5. sam9 Win User
    Thanks, once I also thought that this could be related to Defender but clicking on notification only open download update screen but there is no update and when I click download, it says device is updated. And this notification again appear after restart.

6. dalchina New Member
    Have a look at your Update History and see if Defender has been updated. Is Defender functional?
    Sorry, I've no specific idea.

dalchina, Oct 30, 2017
  7. sam9 Win User
    Yesterday, I manually upgraded to windows fall creator and at present no notification showing. And after upgradation, update history is blank and I presume that Defender was already updated.

sam9, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Every other day, there is a notification that you need updates - Similar Threads - Every notification need

2. Realtek drivers every other day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek drivers every other day: Why in the world are they wanting to update the realtec bluetooth drivers every other day. It's not only aggravating, its not neccessary. Once a month or so with a good patch would work just as well. I have had at least 4 driver downloads that have failed, just to have...
  3. Realtek drivers every other day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek drivers every other day: Why in the world are they wanting to update the realtec bluetooth drivers every other day. It's not only aggravating, its not neccessary. Once a month or so with a good patch would work just as well. I have had at least 4 driver downloads that have failed, just to have...
  4. Dell Laptop freezes every other day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Laptop freezes every other day: Every other day my computer freezes around the same time. The event viewer shows a 6008 event id, but the event is shown as occurring about 20 minutes before the computer freeze. I have recently downloaded a Media Creation file and ran the update saving apps and personal...
  5. BSOD Every other day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Every other day: I legitimately do not know anymore, I tried everything, from resetting, changing memory, deleting, updating, rolling back drivers, updating, deleting programs, installing programs, enabling/disabling hardware acceleration, sfc/ commands, chkdsk commands, memtest86. I still...
  6. BSOD's every other day, need help diagnosing

BSOD's every other day, need help diagnosing: Hey everyone. I have a computer that's been working great for a few years. I've been starting to get BSOD's that have been increasing in frequency over the past few months. I get one every other day now, usually page fault in non paged area and memory service exception. I...
  7. updates shuold be every other day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    updates shuold be every other day.: change update to every other day thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-shuold-be-every-other-day/2ab3d25d-3875-4031-846e-95ff29805d69
  8. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE every other few days......

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE every other few days......: Hi I keep getting Kernel security check failure even after i just clean install window 10 a few days ago.......dont know the reason and chkdsk on my drive seem to be fine. Please help im very new to this.... here is google drive link mini Dump file thank you...
  9. BSOD every other day or so

BSOD every other day or so: Been getting these BSOD errors for a few days now, haven't able to figure it out 84327
  10. BSOD every other day

BSOD every other day: Since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 I get the BSOD every other day. I have updated all drivers and recently installed a new video card because I thought that was the problem. My system is a windows 32-bit, Intel core duo E6750 @ 2.66 ghz, 4.0 GB ram, nvidia geforce...