Windows 10: Every reboot goes into Advanced Startup, why?

Discus and support Every reboot goes into Advanced Startup, why? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; While most people are wanting to figure out how to get into the advanced startup menu[1] I have a different issue. Every time I reboot, it always goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by miketew, Apr 8, 2017.

1. miketew Win User

Every reboot goes into Advanced Startup, why?

While most people are wanting to figure out how to get into the advanced startup menu[1] I have a different issue. Every time I reboot, it always goes to this, requiring me to choose "Continue to Windows 10" and reboot a _second_ time.

I use VeraCrypt for full disk encrypion, so it means two times of having to enter my password, and also I just tried applying the founders update, it said it was all good and needed to reboot, but after reboot, it went back to this, didn't act like it was applying any updates (I just did on another system, and I know to expect a lot of "we're updating things, hold tight" screens) and went right back into Windows 10 like it was never applied. Running the Update Assistant again and it says I'm not current. So I'm not sure if that is somehow interrupting the process from being able to be applied properly.

Anyone have any ideas on this? Everything I search for is about trying to get into the advanced startup menu. Not always going to it *Smile

1. Windows 10 Help Forums

:)

miketew, Apr 8, 2017

2. Google Chrome Opens On Start Up

Hello,

every time i reboot my Windows 10 Google Chrome start up and goes to https://support.microsoft.com.And i can't see Google Chrome in Startup services on TaskManager. How can i fix this ?

Thanks in advance.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

MarkoMilicevic1, Apr 8, 2017
  3. Windows 10 several errors started just a few days ago

I have 2 laptops and a main PC. I have been having network issues and discovered it is because every time I reboot my Main PC, the networking feature 'Turn [password Protection" always goes to ON. I disable and turn off and I have no issues. But every re
    boot it goes back to ON. It is really frustrating.

I looked to do a system restore but I can not. I do not even have a system rstore option. My only options on recovery are: "reset" or "Advanced Startup"..A few days ago I had system rstore but it failed and would not work. I tried sfc scannow and it said
    no errors. Now I have no system restore. Other than this, system works fine.

CurtisSteinhauer, Apr 8, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Hi miketew and welcome to Tenforums.
    I not familiar with VreaCrypt, so I can't comment on that, but wondering if you have Fast Startup turned on? If it's on, please turn it off and give it a couple real shutdowns.

simrick, Apr 8, 2017
  5. lmaneke Win User
    Sounds like it put a dual boot file in the BCD and isn't updating Windows correctly.

I updated to the creators update and having issues myself.

I've never heard of that program either so I cant comment on that myself

lmaneke, Apr 8, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    VeraCrypt is a fork of the discontinued TrueCrypt project according to Wikipedia (and no, I don't use it either).

Bree, Apr 8, 2017
  7. miketew Win User
    No, I don't have fast startup turned on.

I'll have to look at BCD and how it works I guess. Yes, VeraCrypt is essentially TrueCrypt.

miketew, Apr 8, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

@miketew, to display the BCD info and the info on the recovery environment, type the following commands in a command prompt.

BCDEDIT

REAGENTC /INFO

Copy the results and paste them into a text file using Notepad. Post it as an attachment and we may be able to help diagnose your problem.

How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

9. EdTittel Win User
    OTOH, if you have Macrium Reflect at your disposal, you can use it to build Rescue media, then boot from that flash drive (or other medium). When so booted, I've found that it's startup/boot file repair functions are at least as good as the best of such tools (and less likely to cause problems than EasyBCD's boot/startup repair functions) and better than most of them. It might be able to fix it without too much additional effort on your part, so hopefully that makes it worth trying out.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Every reboot goes into Advanced Startup, why? - Similar Threads - Every reboot goes

2. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  3. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  4. Can't go to advanced startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't go to advanced startup: I've been trying to go to my bios menu to enable secure boot and tpm or tmp 2.0 but I get no signal of my computer from my monitor but the pc is still on. I've tried to reset it many ways by holding f2, holding shift. del, and even from the settings where you just click it...
  5. MY PC GOES TO A PREVIOUS STATE ON EVERY REBOOT

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MY PC GOES TO A PREVIOUS STATE ON EVERY REBOOT: my pc started acting slow once so i restarted it i didnt notice anything changed so i kept using it until the day after i realised a program i have installed the day before is gone, and my chrome search history is outdated so i uninstalled a random program and restarted my...
  6. Advanced Startup Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advanced Startup Problems: Alright so, i wanna reset my pc from advanced startup so i dont need to use boot device but when i open advanced startup and click troubleshoot it directly goes into advanced options what do i do to fix this?...
  7. Computer goes into disk checking on every startup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer goes into disk checking on every startup.: My computer lately has been going into disk checking on every boot, the only drive it does scan and repair is my C: Drive, I remember this happening after some issue with my hard drive, my PC went into the bios screen to say that'no bootable drive detected' it did get fixed...
  8. why i'm getting these popups on every startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why i'm getting these popups on every startup: [ATTACH] on every startup i'm getting these popups, how to fix it? i think this is something related to Skype. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-im-getting-these-popups-on-every-startup/97bb6041-b7bb-49f6-ac0f-bcd176dca8e7
  9. Which language is this at Advanced Startup boot & why?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which language is this at Advanced Startup boot & why?: when im trying to Advanced startup menu it's showing another language .. firstly showed preparing automatic repair in english then suddenly changed another langauge not only "preparing automatic repair" All are changed another langauge in Advanced startup settings. why? is...
  10. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998