Windows 10: Every Third Boot BSOD Clean Install

Discus and support Every Third Boot BSOD Clean Install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; No matter how many times I clean install, the OS will crash on the third restart or BSOD. I cannot system restore as the OS fails to find a point even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DatBreadNice, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Every Third Boot BSOD Clean Install

No matter how many times I clean install, the OS will crash on the third restart or BSOD. I cannot system restore as the OS fails to find a point even though there are restore points. It will not repair or will not accept any repair USB or disc. It cannot diagnose problem. It will not allow reset from diagnose menu. All appropriate settings are on in BIOS.

I have tried manually installing latest working drivers in case of issues. PC is well maintained with a new HDD.

It has an A8 AMD CPU with 6 series graphics, 8GB of RAM and a 1TB 7200rpm Seagate drive.

Please help me find a solution. This never happened before this update.

:)

DatBreadNice, Jul 17, 2017
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

BSOD Windows 10

Hi Joshua,

This issue might be caused due to hardware compatibility or driver compatibility.

Please follow the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Method 2: Hardware clean boot

This is basically disabling the hardware of the computer and checking if this BSOD is caused due to a hardware.

Open device manager and dis able all the hardware except keyboard and mouse and check if you get the BSOD.

Please keep us updated.

Vinodh.V, Jul 17, 2017
  3. Ivan_1001 Win User
    Lenovo Yoga 12 Windows 10 BSOD after Synaptic driver installed

Hi,

I am able to go to safe mode only with advanced repairing options>startup options...

In Safe mode seems that everything working fine... touch pad is fully functional.

I`m try to set clean boot in Safe mode and windows still reboots with BSOD.

First i did clean install of windows 10 pro created with Mediacreationtoolx64.

Then i check for updates and windows install all updates.

After reboot all devices works ok... synaptics pointing device is working with all his features...

Then i did another reboot and then i get BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED > reboot

then:

- BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED > reboot

- BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR > reboot

- BSOD PAGING_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (win32kbase.sys) >reboot

- advanced repair opt. > safe mode

- it boot in Safe mode and everything works fine, touch pad fully works > reboot

- boot in normal mode, everything works fine, touch pad fully works > reboot

- advanced repair opt. > safe mode , all works fine

- setup clean boot > reboot

- uninstall Synaptics app and driver > reboot

- boot in normal mode is ok now but there is no touchpad at all

- update pointing device drviver from device manager > reboot

- uninstall Synaptics app and driver > reboot

- boot in normal mode - touchpad works with base windows driver (not fully functional but works like after clean installation of Windows 10) > reboot

- normal boot ok again > disable clean boot (restore to normal) > reboot

- boot normal, everything is fine (touchpad works with windows base driver) > reboot

- boot normal, everything is fine (touchpad works with windows base driver) > reboot

..... and again and again... boot normal...

i try to clean install windows... disable automatic update in gpedit.msc, use wushowhide to hide synaptics driver hrom update, check and install all other updates, and windows works fine (except pointing device, is not fully functional)

same issues i face with Synaptics driver from Lenovo support page... there is driver ver. 19.0.12. 61 7/9/2015 for windows 10...

Sorry for long post but it`s obvious that there is a problem with pointing device driver.

It`s very annoying...

The laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 20DK001XCX

Please help

Ivan_1001, Jul 17, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Every Third Boot BSOD Clean Install

Are you no longer able to boot?
    If you can boot see posting instructions: BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

If you cannot boot create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10

If you cannot boot please enter information about your computer and operating system.
    1) desktop/laptop
    2) manufacturer
    3) model
    4) RAM
    5) drives HD/SSD
    6) are you overclocking?
    7) are you using hardware or software RAID?
    8) when was the last time you reset the bios?
    9) what is the operating system
    10) when was the last time you checked the drive (SMART tests, DST tests, generic tests)
    11) have you made any recent hardware or software changes?
    12) are your files backed up?
    13) had you made an image of the drive?
    14) if possible would it be ok to perform a clean install at this time?

zbook, Jul 17, 2017
  5. To answer all the above:

Laptop with an A8 AMD CPU with 6 series graphics, 8GB of RAM and a 1TB 7200rpm Seagate drive.

It does not boot into desktop.

OS has been clean installed 12 times and same thing happens.

No the hardware is fine as Linux will install and run flawlessly.

This problem started happening after last update.

6. axe0 New Member
    What is the laptop model?

7. Not sure but it's a Samsung from 2014. Tried finding it but closest was an A6 with a 6520g.

8. zbook New Member

When you boot to a USB flash drive for the Samsung which F key do you use?
    Escape key? F2? or do you change the boot order?
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys
    Create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10
    Power on and boot to the external USB hard drive (bootable windows 10 iso)
    It may take 5 minutes to load.
    Click Install
    delete the partitions
    format the drive
    create an unallocated drive
    reinstall windows 10 version 1703

zbook, Jul 17, 2017
  9. I have to change boot order and it boots automatically. If I try to repair it fails. Only option is clean install but it always ends up with PC failing to boot the third time.

10. axe0 New Member
    Could you provide answers to zbook's questions please
    Have you tried running any memory test?

Linux is different from Windows.

11. I did some hardware tests and everything is okay. Only hardware change is the HDD.

12. zbook New Member
    What was the prior working operating system?
    Was it an upgrade from windows 7 or 8.1 during the free period?
    Was it windows 10 pre-installed from the factory?
    What happened that you changed the HD?
    Can you easily remove the hard drive now?
    Can it be tested using a working computer and a external HD enclosure?
    If you clean install can you run chkdsk /x /r ?

zbook, Jul 17, 2017
  13. Every Third Boot BSOD Clean Install

Let me repeat:

I changed HDD. HDD get used a lot and die. Everything was working until most recent update. That means I had no issues running the OS until something in this update did something like refuse to run on certain hardware possibly.

I upgraded from Windows 7. I now have a retail copy as the OEM did not work when I tried to upgrade during free upgrade period.

I cannot boot into desktop. It is is impossible after third restart. No way is booting in OS a thing on third restart.

14. zbook New Member
    You mentioned Linux.
    Were you dual booting? Using two partitions on one drive?
    Can you boot now installing Ubuntu or booting to Ubuntu on a flash drive?
    If so see if you can perform one of these SMART tests on the HD:

CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World: CrystalDiskMark - Software - Crystal Dew World

Software - Crystal Dew World

HD Tune: HD Tune website

Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring: Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring

When the SMART test has completed make images and post into the thread.

Hard Disk Sentinel - Free Linux version
    Also please perform memtest86+ testing on the RAM /MB: ram - How do I run memtest86+? - Ask Ubuntu
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

zbook, Jul 17, 2017
  15. axe0 New Member
    We may overrun with our questions, but could you tell us what hardware tests you ran?

Thema:

1. Every Third Boot BSOD Clean Install - Similar Threads - Every Third Boot

2. BSOD almost every week even after a clean install of windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD almost every week even after a clean install of windows.: For almost a year now, I've had my laptop get a random BSOD almost every week, sometimes every two weeks and they are always when I am leaving it on overnight, it almost never happens when I am using it. that BSOD most of the time said Memory Management. I thought it was...
  3. BSOD almost every week even after a clean install of windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD almost every week even after a clean install of windows.: For almost a year now, I've had my laptop get a random BSOD almost every week, sometimes every two weeks and they are always when I am leaving it on overnight, it almost never happens when I am using it. that BSOD most of the time said Memory Management. I thought it was...
  4. BSOD almost every week even after a clean install of windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD after clean boot / ntoskrnl.

BSOD after clean boot / ntoskrnl.: Hi there, I reinstalled my computer but I am getting a blue screen error. The error which I got is "driver power state failure" ntoskrnl. I examined the minidump file with a software called bsview. I'm sharing my minidumb file on the drive. Can you help me with this...
  6. BSOD on first boot after clean install with AX58BT

BSOD on first boot after clean install with AX58BT: Why do I get BSOD related to netwtw08.sys during the first boot phase after clean reinstall of Windows 10 v2004 from bootable installation media created with Media Creation Tool if I have ASUS PCE-AX58BT Wi-Fi-6 adapter installed on the ASUS Z390 Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi...
  7. BSoD before every boot

BSoD before every boot: Every time I boot my computer, I get a blue screen. Afterwards, I can use the computer normally. But it still adds waiting time and makes me worry for the health of my computer, so I'm coming here to ask for help. Here are the minidumps, system info, and speccy file:...
  8. Windows loading long on every second to third boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows loading long on every second to third boot: Hello everyone, Ever since I upgraded my desktop PC with a new Motherboard and graphics card see specs below, I am having some problems with starting my PC. Approximately ever second to third boot, Windows is loading for a much longer time than usual, about 1-2 minutes....
  9. BSOD at every cold boot

BSOD at every cold boot: Hello everyone, having BSOD at every cold boot. This is happening on my desktop (first build I made), hardware is: MB: Asus Maximus VIII Gene CPU: Intel i5-6600k RAM: 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition Windows 10 Pro 64bit Hoping this is...
  10. Clean install - random BSOD

Clean install - random BSOD: Hey guys Did a clean install this morning. I am getting the error INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and it BSODs/reboots. This happens every 30-40 mins. I have installed and updated all drivers and installed the latest BIOS revision (which I don't normally do but I thought it might help)...