Windows 10: EVERY Windows 10 App Crashes (including the store)

Discus and support EVERY Windows 10 App Crashes (including the store) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After a Windows 10 update, suddenly no Metro apps work at all besides Microsoft Edge. Not even the store. When I open any of them (besides Edge), it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 11clock, Aug 21, 2015.

1. 11clock Win User

EVERY Windows 10 App Crashes (including the store)

After a Windows 10 update, suddenly no Metro apps work at all besides Microsoft Edge. Not even the store. When I open any of them (besides Edge), it shows the splash screen for a second, then it closes.

I also tried the PowerShell command that people have been throwing around here and that didn't work, either.

:)

11clock, Aug 21, 2015
  2. jreyes94 Win User

Windows 10 (Build 10240) DisplayLink Drivers conflicting with Modern Apps

Windows Home Build (10240)

I was wondering if anyone who uses DisplayLink drivers are having the same issues as me.

Apparently DisplayLink software/drivers conflict with every Modern/Metro App installed with Windows 10. This includes the Windows store, Calculator, Calendar, Clock, Movies & TV, Photos, etc. This also includes Windows store apps such as Facebook, Netflix,
    etc.

Every single one of these apps will crash immediately upon launch with no error message. After constantly uninstalling, reinstalling, and restoring I've managed to find out that the issue is with DisplayLink Drivers.

After checking their website, I noticed they released a version that's "compatible" with Windows 10 (v7.9). Unfortunately, this version still causes the issue with the modern Apps.

Is there anyone out there with this issue?

jreyes94, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Metro apps will not open settings unavailable

Please help! My camera app and basically all other apps that came with the computer are not working, this is also including the windows app store. Whenever I try to open these, they almost immediately crash. It says in the settings that they're unavailable.
    I've updated my computer in every way possible and restarted it multiple times. How do I get things working properly again?

Windows 10- Original Title

A lady who needs assistance, Aug 21, 2015
  4. stocktiki Win User

Similar situation here. Windows 10 was working beautifully after upgrading from Windows 8.1.

But a few days ago - the Windows Store app won't launch. Just get the splash screen which quickly closes. Other apps run - mail, calendar, xbox, photos, groove - but not the store.

Tried that powershell command and deleting the hidden cache file - but still no dice.

stocktiki, Aug 21, 2015
  5. stocktiki Win User
    I've tried just about everything: Powershell command, clearing cache, running store troubleshooter, verifying time zone, verifying windows update, making sure firewall enabled with permission to Store ... and still nothing.

Seeing lots of others with the issue over at Windows Answers.

Hate to do a reinstall - afraid that a more serious problem could happen. Living without the Store is a bummer - but could be worse.

Not sure what to do ....

stocktiki, Aug 21, 2015
  6. same problem with metro apps...
    all this after an update but on my gf windows 10 it works fine....

danielfm123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. EVERY Windows 10 App Crashes (including the store) - Similar Threads - EVERY App Crashes

2. Windows store app crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store app crashing: Hello so whenever i open my roblox app its downloaded in microsoft store it keeps crashing does anyone know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-app-crashing/e0361e52-9792-439f-8610-0f109808eda0
  3. Windows store app crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store app crashing: Hello so whenever i open my roblox app its downloaded in microsoft store it keeps crashing does anyone know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-app-crashing/e0361e52-9792-439f-8610-0f109808eda0
  4. All windows store apps are not starting including Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All windows store apps are not starting including Microsoft Store: Basically they're not startingThey don't even give any error messages except for Photos and Movies & TV which shows the message"The app didn't start." along with the path of the file above the messagealso Microsoft Store isn't starting not even with a error message it just...
  5. Windows store keeps crashing every time I select an app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store keeps crashing every time I select an app: I haven't been able to download any apps directly from the app store and so after checking on this forum site for any solutions, I tried out the most posted one which was to reset the app store. This only aggravated the situation, such that the homepage would load well but...
  6. Some Win10 apps broken including windows store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some Win10 apps broken including windows store: I updated 2 days ago to version 2004. Today I noticed that my image viewer aint working then I found few more that are not working including windows store. I tried every powershell command I can find but it doesn't work. I also tried resetting the app via apps and features...
  7. Photos App crashing regularly - Windows 10 2004 (Video included)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App crashing regularly - Windows 10 2004 (Video included): My photos app is crashing regularly since version 2004. I already reinstalled Windows but it didn't fix the issue. Most of the time I need to open photos with a third-party app like Image Glass or wait for the photos app to work again. I've made a screen recording of the...
  8. Modern apps crash (including windows store)

Modern apps crash (including windows store): Hey I'm the owner of a SB. Already a first time my start menu, doesnt appeared I lost a full day + one night to fix the bug, SFC /scannow didnt work neither health restore but I get it worked by this solutionhttp://www.urtech.ca/2015/09/solved-...in-10-minutes/ (seemingly the...
  9. Help with Blacked out apps including Windows store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help with Blacked out apps including Windows store: I have lost access to the Windows app store weather and other functions. It seems these items are blacked out and offer me no access to the market. [img] Having noticed this and and having no luck finding resolution, I restored the PC to an earlier point. Still no...
  10. Default store apps corrupted (including Store)

Default store apps corrupted (including Store): I am having some trouble getting the default store apps to work. As for the store itself, it used to briefly show the splash then crash. Now it is just an unknown file type that doesn't do anything when clicked. I have tried some of the more common fixes, like the powershell...