Windows 10: Everything busted in TH2 Update.

Discus and support Everything busted in TH2 Update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The latest TH2 update that came out today broke Everything search. I tried the official and beta versions. 32 and 64 bit versions too. They will no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddice, Aug 2, 2016.

1. reddice Win User

Everything busted in TH2 Update.

The latest TH2 update that came out today broke Everything search. I tried the official and beta versions. 32 and 64 bit versions too. They will no longer index the C: just my D: partion. It would otherwise keep telling me to run the Everything service which I do and C: is still unsearchable. If I run as a admin which is another choice c: tries to index and crashes Everything.

I rely on this program as the build in Windows search is terrible slow and never finds all files even when I am staring right at them in a folder. Any other alternatives?

:)

reddice, Aug 2, 2016
  2. sba923 Win User

My brand new Lumia 950 is stuck with TH2 / 1511 / 10.0.10586.0

Hi,

I just bought a Lumia 950 that came with Windows 10 Mobile version 1511 (TH2) build 10.0.10586.0.

Everything runs fine, I'm connected to my home Wifi (which I'm currently using to install / update store apps) and to my phone provider... but "check for updates" doesn't find anything, so I'm currently stuck with TH2 / 1511 / 10.0.10586.0. I'm also expecting
    the firmware update that enables "double-tap to wake" but this won't come either...

Any clue?

Is there a way to force upgrade to RS2 / Creators Update?

sba923, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Alamo Guy Win User
    Cannot open the Store anymore on my Windows 10

Installing TH2 update fixed the problem.

Alamo Guy, Aug 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hopefully someone who's also upgraded and uses Everything will comment- I've not got the upgrade yet, and intend to defer it (always best to stand back and let the flak die down).

The tool I use is Locate32. Old fashioned GUI by comparison but it does much the same job the same way. Its GUI allows much more intuitive search range specification.

I like my cat- she never treads on the keyboard.

dalchina, Aug 2, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    I use Everything Version 1.4.0.713b (x64) and it still works.

CountMike, Aug 2, 2016
  6. PiKo Win User
    I am positive about Wise Jetsearch.

PiKo, Aug 2, 2016
  7. altae Win User
    Try UltraSearch, it's really fast (only works on NTFS partitions though).

altae, Aug 2, 2016
  8. reddice Win User

Got everything working again. I must have disabled some services after which I reset and now it is working.

UltraSearch I tried first and it took forever to search for one file so I uninstalled it.

reddice, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Everything busted in TH2 Update. - Similar Threads - Everything busted TH2

2. Windows Taskbar BUSTED no right-click with latest update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Taskbar BUSTED no right-click with latest update.: What is the point of Windows if the #$@#$%@# Taskbar is BROKEN???? This is an outrage. I was perfectly happy with my system until about a month and a half ago. A mandatory update was applied and all of a sudden I could not right-click any entries on pop-up menus from the task...
  3. When Are You Going to Stop Releasing Busted Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When Are You Going to Stop Releasing Busted Updates?: Thanks for breaking my laptop yet again. It's beyond embarrassing at this point. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-are-you-going-to-stop-releasing-busted/25e1d47b-3d8d-419f-9d1d-bc7a9452d557
  4. Headphone Jack Busted!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphone Jack Busted!!: Every time I plug in my headphones, the playback only comes out of one ear. I don’t believe this has anything to do with my headphones since I tested multiple headphones on my laptop and they all had the same issue. Im not sure how to fix it someone please help !!! submitted...
  5. Win10 October update - good or busted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 October update - good or busted?: The October update is now available again on the official site. Have they fixed the reported issues because of which it was suspended - or it's made available again by mistake? I've updated from 1803 yesterday and some important applications stopped working :-( -- pa...
  6. Not Able To Get Latest Update (TH2)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not Able To Get Latest Update (TH2): I recently did a reset on my Windows 10 laptop and it reset to version 10240. I am not being prompted to update to the latest version via Windows Update. How do I trigger the update to send TH2? 31054
  7. Windows 10 TH2 (Fall Update) Not Appearing in Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 TH2 (Fall Update) Not Appearing in Windows Update: Hey there, I'm running 10 Pro 10240, and I am not receiving the Threshold 2 update (Fall Update) through Windows Update. Is there a way to force download it? Your help is appreciated! 29571
  8. Busted apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Busted apps: Here we go again! After last patch tue, Calendar, mail, alarms/clock will not start, show tiles, but won't start. (Insider 10586). Upgraded my other partition from 10240 to 10586, (NOT insider) all is fine. What is the "current" fix"??? Anybody? Already tried in-place upgrade...
  9. TH2 Ate My Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    TH2 Ate My Settings: I've updated two PCs from a 10586 MCT download this week, on one I chose to download updates, on the other I didn't. Both got settings reset, which I thought the further update was meant to fix. I will add to this list as I find them... New folders created for...
  10. TH2 settings

in Windows 10 Support
    TH2 settings: I just upgraded to TH2. When I click on All Settings then one of the options, it takes forever to respond. What could be the problem? 34228