Windows 10: Everything Freezes every couple of minutes

Discus and support Everything Freezes every couple of minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I recently upgraded to Windows 10, but this issue has carried over from Windows 7, though it's seemingly worse now. Every couple of minutes, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Damiana, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Damiana Win User

Everything Freezes every couple of minutes

So I recently upgraded to Windows 10, but this issue has carried over from Windows 7, though it's seemingly worse now.
    Every couple of minutes, it lags out for about 1-2 minutes. First the page freezes and I'm able to move the mouse for a short while longer, then the mouse starts lagging all over the screen. It does this whether I'm on the internet, just using the notepad, whatever. It's very annoying....
    Also, the internet is constantly going out. My laptop being the only device in the house effected. It tells me "limited connectivity" or something and it usually lets me back on after I close out my internet browser. Also very annoying as I go to school online and take tests and things >.>

When I enter the Event Viewer and go to System, the internet error appears, but nothing for the lag.
    "WLAN AutoConfig detected limit connectivity, performing Reset/Recover.adapter.

Code: 8 0x0 0x0"

any help or further guidance is appreciated.
    In case you can't tell, I don't know much when it comes to fixing problems with my laptop x.x

:)

Damiana, Sep 3, 2015

2. Freeze up and crash

I installed windows 10 a couple of days ago. Now after being on for a few minutes, my cursor and every thing freezes up. Everything. After a couple of minutes a blue screen comes on stating an error has oiccured and needs to restart to gather data.
    It restarts ok but still happens. Help please.

robert mason_730, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Keeps losing connection every couple of minutes. Windows resets it 3 times out of four. Windows 10 has latest updates, makes no difference whether internet explorer, mozilla, etc

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Glad to know that the issue is solved.

Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Many issues that were existing in Windows 7 installations are carried through to the Windows 10 upgrade. If you cannot get a solution, I suspect that a clean install of Windows 10 should ask your problem. Unless it is hardware related, hard drive etc.
    Incidentally, what type of hard drive do you have? What percentage capacity is still available? HDD or SSD? Recently defragged/optimized? Some information on these questions could help in the troubleshooting.

Snakeyes, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Everything Freezes every couple of minutes - Similar Threads - Everything Freezes every

2. PC freezes for a few seconds every couple of minutes with a hard drive spin-up sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes for a few seconds every couple of minutes with a hard drive spin-up sound: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-spinning-and-freezing-pc-for-a-few-seconds/22f4cdad-1403-4f81-950f-a782cd76be24This is a very persistent issue, I've had it 3 separate times now in the period of a few months and it just keeps coming back in...
  3. Ping timout once or twice every couple minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping timout once or twice every couple minutes: Hey everyone, I am having trouble with my internet stability it seems, but can't really find the reason. I recently upgraded to win 11 and maybe there is a connection between this new issue and the upgraded operating system?What I observe:Using a desktop pc with a TP link usb...
  4. Ping timout once or twice every couple minutes

Ping timout once or twice every couple minutes: Hey everyone, I am having trouble with my internet stability it seems, but can't really find the reason. I recently upgraded to win 11 and maybe there is a connection between this new issue and the upgraded operating system?What I observe:Using a desktop pc with a TP link usb...
  5. crashes every couple of minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crashes every couple of minutes: Firefox and Edge crash constantly. I mean constantly. IT guy can't fix it. word will not respond at times. email yahoo almost stops while I write a message. and then the words appear. help me....
  6. crashes every couple of minutes

crashes every couple of minutes: Firefox and Edge crash constantly. I mean constantly. IT guy can't fix it. word will not respond at times. email yahoo almost stops while I write a message. and then the words appear. help me....
  7. crashes every couple of minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows 10 freezing every couple minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing every couple minutes.: I've been having this issue for a while now where my PC just freezes, CTRL ALT DEL doesn't work, nothing does. After about a minutes everything goes back to normal, then a few minutes later it freezes again. Ive run the sfc /scannnow and another one that fixed windows update...
  9. Any ideas what could be causing freezes like this? Happens every couple minutes sometimes....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas what could be causing freezes like this? Happens every couple minutes sometimes....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/freetyleruno [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvrk05/any_ideas_what_could_be_causing_freezes_like_this/
  10. windows 10 freezing/stuttering every couple minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 freezing/stuttering every couple minutes: started to happen recently after latest update,when it happens the sound continues in the background but the video or app freezes. i've monitored the resource usage when it happens. none of them are near to 100% but when it freezes the GPU usage drops then resets. its seems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. everything on pc freezing every couple of seconds