Windows 10: Everything has reset

Discus and support Everything has reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't really know where to put this so I'm not sure whether it will be answered here or not but here goes. Basically last night I turned my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mikeburdge, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Everything has reset

I don't really know where to put this so I'm not sure whether it will be answered here or not but here goes. Basically last night I turned my computer off the same way I have done for the past few months nothing different not even an update but as soon as I log on this morning everything I had is now gone except for the most of my important things on my external hard drive. The personalization has reset, my documents has reset, images, all files based on the computer have just gone back to as if I just bought it with a few links on the desktop for games that I had on the external hard drive, even my %appdata% has been reset and I cannot find a way to put it back to how it was before. Please help me I really don't want to lose all of my files because it has some important work on them.

Thank You
    Michael

:)

Mikeburdge, Mar 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 update ( version 1709) has reset everything.

We appreciate the additional information. Are you using a Microsoft user account or a local account? Signing to a Microsoft account may help get the programs back on your computer.

If the issue still persists even after signing in to a Microsoft account, we recommend re-installing the programs.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Martin Bar, Mar 20, 2016
  3. maiarigot Win User
    Windows 10 update ( version 1709) has reset everything.

I cant find the apps and programs already on my computer, it has logged me out of everything chrome, my desktop background is gone and so are the all the shortcuts previously on it.

Did i install it wrong? should i restart?

I feel like it might take me a whole afternoon to fix all of this.

Is there anyway for me to get back to my previous setup without doing it manually?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

maiarigot, Mar 20, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Everything has reset

Did you not create a restore point?
    If not check whether it has been done automatically by opening Settings, type sys in box at top and click on "create a system restore point".
    Is protection on?....if not click on "system restore" to check if one is available.

dencal, Mar 20, 2016
Thema:

Everything has reset

1. Everything has reset - Similar Threads - Everything has reset

2. How to reset my PC when bitlocker has locked everything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset my PC when bitlocker has locked everything?: My PC was updated my Microsoft helpdesk and I have been locked out ever since. The computer is locked with Bitlocker, my neither I, nor my company, can see the bitlocker key to unlock the field is blank where it should be. I therefore need to reset my entire PC back to...
  3. How to reset my PC when bitlocker has locked everything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset my PC when bitlocker has locked everything?: My PC was updated my Microsoft helpdesk and I have been locked out ever since. The computer is locked with Bitlocker, my neither I, nor my company, can see the bitlocker key to unlock the field is blank where it should be. I therefore need to reset my entire PC back to...
  4. Everything has to be launched as administrator!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything has to be launched as administrator!: This happend to me recently, every app i install cant be launched except i click "Run As Administrator" And this causes many issues because windows included things like msconfig cannot be launched...
  5. Everything has been erased

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Everything has been erased: Ok so over the last two days there has been some sort of update that has erased everything on my computer and restarted it with a new windows. I did find everything yesterday and was able to put it everything back on my computer. I turn it back on today and everything is...
  6. Everything has “stopped” working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everything has “stopped” working: I originally restarted my computer and then it was on the restarting screen for at least an hour, which frustrated me. So, i did a hard shutdown by holding down the power button for 5 seconds and my computer shut off. When I turned it back on, nothing seemed to be working:...
  7. Onenote has deleted everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onenote has deleted everything: Its seems like no one knows what to do ive been having troubles with one note and one drive as one note has deleted everything including my backups and i can not restore them ive tried every possible way from logging out to shuting off the device but nothing works and all...
  8. I need to reset everything.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I need to reset everything.: Hi, I would like to know how to reset my windows 10 laptop. You see, my tiny brain forgot my own password, and my main account is the only admin. I've tried what I think is everything. I've reset my password about 5 times, nothing. I've used Command Prompt, nothing....
  9. Reset and remove everything

Reset and remove everything: Hello my friends. I reset windows 10 and chose remove everything yesterday. And i have a question.has All virus and connection history of my pc been deleted?...
  10. How to reset Windows 10 that has Creator Update removing everything

How to reset Windows 10 that has Creator Update removing everything: I am trying to reset my old HP Pavilion DV6 laptop (Intel i7-2670QM, 8 GB ram, 64 bit) so I can give it to my sister, so I want to remove everything. Everywhere I searched to do this shows there are two options under recovery (keep my files or remove everything) to do this...