Windows 10: Everything I click on gives me class not registered messages and nothing is fixing it

Discus and support Everything I click on gives me class not registered messages and nothing is fixing it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ok so my computer has Windows 10 and it updates by itself. Everything worked fine until it updated July 26th 2018 and now everything is a mess. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BearLedoux, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Everything I click on gives me class not registered messages and nothing is fixing it

ok so my computer has Windows 10 and it updates by itself. Everything worked fine until it updated July 26th 2018 and now everything is a mess. I cannot access anything. Everything I click on gives me a message that's says various messages along with class not registered. Iam not able to click on the task bar at all and Windows key doesn't do anything. I was able to get into task manager by right clicking on task bar, and I typed in a few commands I found online. I've run them as admin And so far this is what I tried which none of them has worked: sfc /scannow, which I tried several times and it always stops at 38% and says Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, which I also tried several times. It says image version 10.0.16299.547, does a scan, and stops at 12.2% with a error code 1392, and a message that says the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. I've tried system restore to restore from earlier points, which there was 7 of them. I did them all and that didn't fix it. I've tried reinstalling Windows 10, which I had to do it from the log in screen, holding shift key while clicked on restart, and it took me to the blue screen where you can reset your pc, and I choose the option to save my personal files ( pictures, music etc ). I did not fix the issue. And actually it made things worse because it deleted my Firefox stuff and I can't get online whatsoever with explorer. I found an Firefox download thing in my downloads and even that gets interrupted at a point of download. was hoping that would give me access to the internet at least to try and download a tool to help with this but can't. I've also tried to end task with explorer.exe with task manager and that doesnt do anything.

Is there anything else I can do? Someone suggested I get an external hard drive and put all my picture and music on it, then totally boot windows 10 from scratch using boot disk.

:)

BearLedoux, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

"class not registered" error

Hi Eddie,

For better assistance, are you getting the error with this specific file only?

We suggest checking this thread to resolve the "Class not Registered"
    error.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 16, 2018
  3. class not registered

Hi, I have a new Dell all in one. It has worked fine for about a month. Today when I boot it up I get a black background and all my icons. When I click on an icon it gives an error message of "class not registered". I have tried all the online help but
    the Windows button and screen prompt are not operating. Several of the suggested fixes involve "windows button + X" this is also non-responsive. Any ideas?

SheilaWeaver, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Everything I click on gives me class not registered messages and nothing is fixing it

"Class not registered" Error message in Windows 10.

Original Title: Class not Registered

In Windows 10, whenever I click on a link, I get this error message "Class not Registered"

How do I fix this error

FourmileCliff, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Everything I click on gives me class not registered messages and nothing is fixing it

1. Everything I click on gives me class not registered messages and nothing is fixing it - Similar Threads - Everything click class

2. error message "class not registered"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error message "class not registered": Laptop is a few months old. It worked perfectly until it doesn't today. How can I easily fix "class not registered" error. I'm trying to open mail. I cannot type anything into the search field....
  3. 'Class not registered' message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Class not registered' message: I get 'class not registered' msg when opening any picture file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/class-not-registered-message/c1e3951a-1448-4785-87c4-2a60a3e239f8"
  4. Class Not Registered Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Class Not Registered Error: Every time I try to open my steam game a get this error Imgur. I have a newly installed version of windows 10. 83870
  5. trying to open a JPEG. Get "Class not registered" How do I fix this

in Windows 10 Support
    trying to open a JPEG. Get "Class not registered" How do I fix this: Hello. I have all updates applied to the Windows 10 Professional x64 bit machine. Started Windows 10 this morning and tried to open a JPEG file, i.e., double click any.jpg. Windows 10 comes back with, "Class not registered". Cleaned all the files, registry and nothing...
  6. 'Class not registered' error when searching or clicking links

in Windows 10 Support
    'Class not registered' error when searching or clicking links: I have only had Windows 10 for a few days --- mostly it is working well but a major fault is that when searching from Cortana, or clicking on a link, I almost always get the error 'class not registered'. Yesterday I was prevented from installing Belarc Advisor because of...
  7. "Class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered": I get this error message every time I click on a link. How do I fix it. Thanks for your help. 46143
  8. Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe Class Not Registered: I am running windows 10 x64, version 16299.64. On my standard local user account which I do not use often is the problem maker.......All the ModernApps and the Start Menu do not work..........A box with title 'Explorer.exe' and message "Class Not Registered" pops out.......
  9. Class not Registered upon clicking change adapter settings Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Class not Registered upon clicking change adapter settings Help: Hi i Click on (Change adapter settings) and i get a error pops up [img] how can i fix this? i have done SFC 6-times did not work*Sad 32337
  10. "Class not registered" problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered" problem: Hello, Each time I start my pc, get popup notice about some "Class not registered" with some microsoft internet address. The notice attached here. What is it and how to fix it. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 94329