Windows 10: everything is different and i am out of space

Discus and support everything is different and i am out of space in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so i am using this acer aspire laptop, running windows 10. hate windows 10. it keeps telling me i am out of space and that i should free up some space,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by linda3421, Apr 4, 2017.

1. linda3421 Win User

everything is different and i am out of space

so i am using this acer aspire laptop, running windows 10. hate windows 10. it keeps telling me i am out of space and that i should free up some space, anything i try to delete cannot be deleted. it won't let me use system restore, it won't let me re-set to factory settings. i believe these are pre-packaged programs that came with acer and came with
    windows 10. i think they are lovingly called bloatware. so i downloaded a thing called...can't see it now. it's called decrap my computer. i ran it a few times but it didn't really take out much. i still got the full message today. i would tell you how much space, but i can't find it. since running the program, button i don't get a list of programs anymore. i get screens I've never seen before. it's not letting me have firefox it says to use Edge. edge is searching with yahoo and bing and i always delete those. when i do get a web page or any screen that requires me clicking on yes ok or apply button at the bottom, i can't see the bottom of any screen. I've tried changing the resolution...nothing.

PLEASE HELP.

:)

linda3421, Apr 4, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

I AM RUNNING OUT OF SPACE IN WINDOW 10 WHAT IS THE SOFYEARE TO MANGE THIS

How big is your hard drive? How many partitions?

Go the Disk Management and make a screnshot.

lacrumb, Apr 4, 2017
  3. Andrew E. Win User
    I AM RUNNING OUT OF SPACE IN WINDOW 10 WHAT IS THE SOFYEARE TO MANGE THIS

A new partition (s) isn't going to help C: drive if its full...Best bet,purchase a larger HD,install OS to it,use old

HD for slave,move user folders: music/video/etc..If pc can run 2 HDs at same time,use XCOPY or Robocopy

& transfer all data.As mentioned,partitions on a full HD isn't the answer,if space is needed W/O a new HD,

purchase a USB flash drive v3.0 or better,move user files/folders to it.....

Andrew E., Apr 4, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

I would use: Download Revo Uninstaller - MajorGeeks to uninstall unwanted programs and bloatware first.
    Windows own Disk cleanup > Cleanup system files can also help a lot.
    UnCleaner is also nice and very safe program to use after all deleting was done.
    And last but not least, a thorough malware scan would be in order.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2017
  5. Mooly Win User
    Does this laptop have a 'proper' traditional drive or is it just a limited capacity solid state type (SSD) of perhaps as a little as 32Gb capacity ?

Mooly, Apr 4, 2017
  6. linda3421 Win User
    i ai always use revo. doesn't work on these. if you look up bloatware you''l see the many ways people have tried. i had some success by removing the apps, but I'm not making more room. is there another way to make space besides deleting. i did use disk cleanup and i run malware bytes

linda3421, Apr 4, 2017
  7. linda3421 Win User
    i don't know about the drive size. i think it said 29gb and 28 is used

linda3421, Apr 4, 2017
  8. linda3421 Win User

what about never being able to see the bottom of the page?

linda3421, Apr 4, 2017
  9. Mooly Win User
    29Gb, so it could be a 32Gb that is fitted with not all available to you. There could be recovery stuff preinstalled as well. That's small and depending on your personal files (music pictures, films ? etc could soon get eaten into.

That seems the most likely reason at this stage. My own W10 installation takes up around 27Gb and that is with only around 6.5Gb of personal files. Mine are mostly documents and related stuff and over 8000 files comes in at under 1Gb, the other 6Gb are some music and photos. They are the big consumers.

Mooly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. everything is different and i am out of space - Similar Threads - everything different space

2. Why am I suddenly locked out of EVERYTHING in windows and on the web and how to prevent it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I suddenly locked out of EVERYTHING in windows and on the web and how to prevent it?: I was working from coworking space yesterday and noticed that I had to sign in into everything on the web, today, when I started my PC on my home network, I am suddenly locked out of even more accounts. What is going on and how to prevent it? My passwords have not changed at...
  3. Turned on PC and everything is different

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turned on PC and everything is different: I turned on my windows 10 pc this morning and everything was completely different than yesterday. I had to set everything up as if it was a new pc. Several things don't work including the microsoft store and the photos app. I did a few things with Chrome and other apps but...
  4. Turned on PC and everything is different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned on PC and everything is different: I turned on my windows 10 pc this morning and everything was completely different than yesterday. I had to set everything up as if it was a new pc. Several things don't work including the microsoft store and the photos app. I did a few things with Chrome and other apps but...
  5. Turned on PC and everything is different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I am quite low on space...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am quite low on space...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RiverKitten6119 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/w1hmv1/i_am_quite_low_on_space/
  7. ONE drive saying I am out of space.... but I am not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONE drive saying I am out of space.... but I am not: One drive is saying I have used 5.1 GB and space is full.. but when I look at storage it says I have 5.1 Gb full out of 1 TB I have paid for the family plan why is this happening.. nothign else will synch...
  8. pls help! everytime i restart my pc am logged out of everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pls help! everytime i restart my pc am logged out of everything: so recently i made a windows update and a blue screen with choices showed up i just uncheced all the boxes and now everytime i start my pc am logged out of every app, game etc if anybody knows a solution please help submitted by /u/SnooPredictions4936 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 update-not enough disk space after I cleaned out everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update-not enough disk space after I cleaned out everything: I have a new laptop with 4GB RAM. I have very few items on it. In trying to download Windows 10 updates, it states I need to free up disk space. I have gone through all of the steps including moving large files to hard drive, but still not enough space. The only thing I can...
  10. Everything looks different

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everything looks different: Hi, i have just purchased a all in one hp, iv noticed when i use google chrome all the text/font looks different, as it does on word etc etc, if i open google home it looks ok well just google.com looks ok its driving me mad, i do have office 7 on it other than that what it...