Windows 10: Everything Is Underlined

Discus and support Everything Is Underlined in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello; My title probably brought you in to see what I am talking about, so here goes; Last week I downloaded a program from a website and left it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Madbiker1960, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Everything Is Underlined

Hello;

My title probably brought you in to see what I am talking about, so here goes;

Last week I downloaded a program from a website and left it alone as I had other things to do first, as I continued "Windows Defender" popped up In a very red box saying Trojan detected and I hit the button to dispose of it.

For a while I thought I was alright and had avoided the bullet, fat chance it did damage to Explorer.exe file and basically left me hanging. I tried all kinds of ways to repair the damage, but I was left with no choice but to re-install Windows.

After I did that and I re-installed all my programs I noticed that everything that was on the computer was and is still underlined.

I have included pictures of what I am talking about.

Does anyone know how to remove the underlines without going through another install of Windows.

Thanks for the help in advance
    Everything Is Underlined [​IMG]

Again thanks for the help.

:)

Madbiker1960, Mar 23, 2017

2. Getting rid of underlining everything

Underling Everything(Files, Folders, etc)

• Windows Key
    • Type
    • File Explorer Options
    • and press enter to open
    • Under General Tab -> Click item as follows
      section ->Select a radio button "Double-click to open an item(single-click to select)".
    • Click Apply and OK
    • Restart your system
    • You are done

Please let us know

• Please let us know if the issue is Resolved or Not. Please feel free to communicate by replying if you need more help

Roharashraj™, Mar 23, 2017
  3. Getting rid of underlining everything

Have a Great Day!!!

Roharashraj™, Mar 23, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Everything Is Underlined

Brink, Mar 23, 2017
  5. Hello Brink boy do I feel foolish.

I did what you suggested and it worked.

Thanks for the help so quickly.

Madbiker1960, Mar 23, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. It's nothing to feel foolish about. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Everything Is Underlined

1. Everything Is Underlined - Similar Threads - Everything Underlined

2. x please somebody help me out everything is going wrong with my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    x please somebody help me out everything is going wrong with my desktop: my name is my name is Andre i haven't been able to get my desktop pc to locate my pc where I have live over 15 years and still live to this day, i do not have a a surface or Xbox devices please somebody help me out everything is going wrong with my desktop...
  3. x please somebody help me out everything is going wrong with my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    x please somebody help me out everything is going wrong with my desktop: my name is my name is Andre i haven't been able to get my desktop pc to locate my pc where I have live over 15 years and still live to this day, i do not have a a surface or Xbox devices please somebody help me out everything is going wrong with my desktop...
  4. Transferring everything to a new laptop while turning on OneDrive and aliasing new MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring everything to a new laptop while turning on OneDrive and aliasing new MS account: Hi, I just got a new laptop and I'm trying to use Windows Backup, but with great difficulty. I know I have MS 365 installed but the subscription is managed by my partner. I don't have OneDrive but I'm willing to start using it. The big issue is that my MS account is under an...
  5. Transferring everything to a new laptop while turning on OneDrive and aliasing new MS account

Transferring everything to a new laptop while turning on OneDrive and aliasing new MS account: Hi, I just got a new laptop and I'm trying to use Windows Backup, but with great difficulty. I know I have MS 365 installed but the subscription is managed by my partner. I don't have OneDrive but I'm willing to start using it. The big issue is that my MS account is under an...
  6. Ive done everything but total identified windows installations identified is still 0. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ive done everything but total identified windows installations identified is still 0. Is...: Running Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 on Dell Inspiron AIO 5490 AIO. BIOS Mode UEFI and up to date.Total identified windows installations: 0 after using bootrec /rebuildbcd or bootrec /scanos command in Windows Recovery Environment. Ive done everything recommended online to...
  7. Ive done everything but total identified windows installations identified is still 0. Is...

Ive done everything but total identified windows installations identified is still 0. Is...: Running Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 on Dell Inspiron AIO 5490 AIO. BIOS Mode UEFI and up to date.Total identified windows installations: 0 after using bootrec /rebuildbcd or bootrec /scanos command in Windows Recovery Environment. Ive done everything recommended online to...
  8. I've checked Windows update and driver update and everything is updated but the camera...

I've checked Windows update and driver update and everything is updated but the camera...: I've checked Windows update and driver update and everything is updated but the camera still can't be used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-checked-windows-update-and-driver-update-and/c189f383-a04d-4d91-b47a-809bef15af25
  9. Why is everything I type in Word underlined with tiny dots?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is everything I type in Word underlined with tiny dots?: 1 It started today when I was typing in Word, everything was accompanied/underlined with tiny dots in blue. This doesn't show when I'm printing and all the dots disappear. I suspect some hackers have gotten into my laptop and no security device is effective. Are the dots an...
  10. Everything is underlined, how do I get back to normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything is underlined, how do I get back to normal?: I logged into my computer the other day and noticed everything is underlined and opens with a single click. After checking the obvious (folder options) with no success I searched for alternative answers. I have tried half a dozen registry hacks, removing recent updates,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. everything on the computer screen is underlined