Windows 10: Everything on my computer is blurry

Discus and support Everything on my computer is blurry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of the text, images, etc. have become blurry for some reason. This is especially noticeable when zoomed in with the Magnifier tool. I just updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lizzie Jo PC 11, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Lizzie Jo PC 11 Win User

Everything on my computer is blurry

All of the text, images, etc. have become blurry for some reason. This is especially noticeable when zoomed in with the Magnifier tool. I just updated (I believe to version 1803), and this wasn't happening until after the update.

To specify, when looking at the text and images anywhere on my computer, whether it be on the internet or in my files saved to my computer, they appear "vectorized." There is no "stair stepping" pixelization on the edges, but rather a strange, smooth edge that looks very unappealing, and makes text difficult to read.

I included an image of what the text looks like on my screen, hopefully you can see it on your screens.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this? I've been searching for hours, and nothing I can find on the internet (ClearType, Advanced Scaling, etc.) has helped. Thank you very much to anyone who can offer me any assistance!

:)

Lizzie Jo PC 11, Jul 1, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Blurry downloaded images

Hi,

Outdated graphics card driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having a blurry downloaded images on your computer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to download the image?
    • Have you tried using another browser and check if you will encounter the same issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried updating your graphics card driver to its latest update?
    • Which app are you using to open the images?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 1, 2018
  3. BeeCeeDee Win User
    Blurry fonts on Windows 10 computer

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and have tried the above steps - it has not helped. When using Google Chrome my screen is very blurry.

BeeCeeDee, Jul 1, 2018
  4. Zaspera Win User

Monitor is a bit blurry

I just built a new gaming rig and am using an XFX 6950 and an ASUS 23.6" monitor. On some pages, I notice some fonts are a bit blurry and strain my eyes. Any idea how I can fix this? I am using windows 7, so please make the steps work for that. Thanks.

Zaspera, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Everything on my computer is blurry - Similar Threads - Everything computer blurry

2. MY COMPUTER UPDETED ITSELF AND KNOW EVERYTHING IS GONE!?!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MY COMPUTER UPDETED ITSELF AND KNOW EVERYTHING IS GONE!?!!!!!: I was writing my essay when suddenly my computer started to update all by itself and I just waited like I useally do when it updates. But this time when I loged in everything was gone and the screen was black and there was no internet and even the google chrome apps was gone...
  3. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: Hey, on almost every app, i see blurry text. I tried updating the nvidia drivers, didnt work, i tried changing my font, not that either. I don't know what's happening and it's starting to annoy me. Thanks....
  4. I thought it might be nice to link my phone with my computer... It changed everything on my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I thought it might be nice to link my phone with my computer... It changed everything on my...: Wow! I saw the link feature and thought it might be nice to link my phone to my desktop. It completely removed ALL of my Samsung Galaxy S9+ apps that I use and changed the screen into something I DO NOT WANT TO USE.... What do I do is there an easy fix or am I looking at...
  5. When I plug in my computer everything is slow but the battery charging

When I plug in my computer everything is slow but the battery charging: the battery is charging fine but searching and playing on it while its charging is slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-my-computer-everything-is-slow-but/2b157d29-7807-4cda-b972-b147e7b610eb
  6. When I plug in my charger and try to do something on my computer everything is super slow

When I plug in my charger and try to do something on my computer everything is super slow: Right when I plug it in and go to a site it takes around 50 seconds to load when usually most things are pretty fast but when I plug my charger in it all gets slow....
  7. How to delete everything on my laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to delete everything on my laptop?: I'm trying to wipe my hard drive in order for my computer to be fast again. Since there was some malware exposed to my computer, and resetting it didn't work, this is my only option. Is there special buttons I need to press, so it can be the laptop that I knew and loved when...
  8. Explorer/Network shown everything except Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer/Network shown everything except Computer: While trying to connect a new pc to our network I somehow no longer see "Computer" in "Network" on my computer's Explorer. Oddly, the new computer Network is showing everything but on my PC "Media Devices" "Multifunction Devices", etc all are there but no Computer" (see...
  9. Computer keeps waking from sleep. Tried everything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer keeps waking from sleep. Tried everything.: Computer regularly wakes from sleep. Powercfg -lastwake shows nothing. All wake timers are disabled. All schedules have allow wakeup unticked. All device wakeups (mouse, keyboard etc) are disabled. Event viewer shows all the wake times but Wake source: Unknown....
  10. Everything blurry in 1080p; text, icons, pics, videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything blurry in 1080p; text, icons, pics, videos: I installed windows 10 directly from microsoft yesterday rather than waiting for it to roll out to me, and as soon as it finished something was wrong. It was set to 1080p but the edges of the screen were cut off and EVERYTHING was blurry as if it were in 420p. I used Catalyst...