Windows 10: Everything on my computer is blurry

Discus and support Everything on my computer is blurry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of the text, images, etc. have become blurry for some reason. This is especially noticeable when zoomed in with the Magnifier tool. I just updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lizzie Jo PC 11, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Lizzie Jo PC 11 Win User

Everything on my computer is blurry

All of the text, images, etc. have become blurry for some reason. This is especially noticeable when zoomed in with the Magnifier tool. I just updated (I believe to version 1803), and this wasn't happening until after the update.

To specify, when looking at the text and images anywhere on my computer, whether it be on the internet or in my files saved to my computer, they appear "vectorized." There is no "stair stepping" pixelization on the edges, but rather a strange, smooth edge that looks very unappealing, and makes text difficult to read.

I included an image of what the text looks like on my screen, hopefully you can see it on your screens.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this? I've been searching for hours, and nothing I can find on the internet (ClearType, Advanced Scaling, etc.) has helped. Thank you very much to anyone who can offer me any assistance!

:)

Lizzie Jo PC 11, Jul 1, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Blurry downloaded images

Hi,

Outdated graphics card driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having a blurry downloaded images on your computer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to download the image?
    • Have you tried using another browser and check if you will encounter the same issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried updating your graphics card driver to its latest update?
    • Which app are you using to open the images?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 1, 2018
  3. BeeCeeDee Win User
    Blurry fonts on Windows 10 computer

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and have tried the above steps - it has not helped. When using Google Chrome my screen is very blurry.

BeeCeeDee, Jul 1, 2018
  4. Zaspera Win User

Monitor is a bit blurry

I just built a new gaming rig and am using an XFX 6950 and an ASUS 23.6" monitor. On some pages, I notice some fonts are a bit blurry and strain my eyes. Any idea how I can fix this? I am using windows 7, so please make the steps work for that. Thanks.

Zaspera, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Everything on my computer is blurry - Similar Threads - Everything computer blurry

2. My Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer: My computer is running slow and it freezes up almost daily. It is a 5 year old computer. Is there anyway I can fix it or should I replace it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-computer/9768c7c7-3894-4e93-807d-a7e8e9700e26
  3. Everything on my computer screen is appearing larger than normal. how do i return to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everything on my computer screen is appearing larger than normal. how do i return to...: I turned off my computer before vacation and turned off the power strip. When I booted up again, everything on the computer screen is appearing larger than normal. Not just on the desktop but in MS Office, internet browser... all my apps. How do I return to previous size...
  4. Things on my screen are too big + kind of blurry

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Things on my screen are too big + kind of blurry: Hi, Today I got my new laptop, an ASUS Pro P2438UA-FA0327T, it's acting fine but I'm having some issues with the display. I feel like everything is too big. I need to zoom out every page to get it the way I like, and some sites get really blurry if I don't zoom it out, for...
  5. Explorer/Network shown everything except Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer/Network shown everything except Computer: While trying to connect a new pc to our network I somehow no longer see "Computer" in "Network" on my computer's Explorer. Oddly, the new computer Network is showing everything but on my PC "Media Devices" "Multifunction Devices", etc all are there but no Computer" (see...
  6. Computer keeps waking from sleep. Tried everything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer keeps waking from sleep. Tried everything.: Computer regularly wakes from sleep. Powercfg -lastwake shows nothing. All wake timers are disabled. All schedules have allow wakeup unticked. All device wakeups (mouse, keyboard etc) are disabled. Event viewer shows all the wake times but Wake source: Unknown....
  7. my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    my computer: I can't find 'My Computer' to check out how much space I have on my C: disk. Where did it go? Also, how do I set my lists of Favorites on the left side as before in Win 7? 20954
  8. Everything blurry in 1080p; text, icons, pics, videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything blurry in 1080p; text, icons, pics, videos: I installed windows 10 directly from microsoft yesterday rather than waiting for it to roll out to me, and as soon as it finished something was wrong. It was set to 1080p but the edges of the screen were cut off and EVERYTHING was blurry as if it were in 420p. I used Catalyst...
  9. Start menu is blurry sometimes, on my Msi laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu is blurry sometimes, on my Msi laptop.: Hello, After I updated my drivers and tried to scale to dpi solution I found on reddit the startmenu sometimes is still blurry and the color doesn't match the taskbar. I attached two pictures with the ok startmenu and the not so good startmenu. 14880
  10. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text: Hello everyone *Smile I’m running the latest, leaked, Windows 10 10147 build and everything works fine on my system. There is one thing though I have observed since the beginning, meaning in earlier builds, as well. And that is blurry text on some Windows components like...