Windows 10: Everything seems Going Pro (i.e PAY) - any Free equiv for DynDNS

Discus and support Everything seems Going Pro (i.e PAY) - any Free equiv for DynDNS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there Seems to be harder and harder to get decent FREE stuff these days -- DynDNS which I used to use now is a PAID service only. I HATE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Jan 27, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Everything seems Going Pro (i.e PAY) - any Free equiv for DynDNS

Hi there

Seems to be harder and harder to get decent FREE stuff these days -- DynDNS which I used to use now is a PAID service only.

I HATE TEAMVIEWER (and it doesn't do exactly what I want anyway). Are there any free equivalents to DYNDNS.

For those that don't know it - it has a little batch program running say once an hr to check the IP address of your HOME computer (runs on the home computer) and if it has changed updates the DynDNS data base so you can always access your remote machine on the web via your domain name you got when you signed up for the service - simulating essentially a "static" IP address. I know the new charge is only 25 USD a year which is peanuts - but I really don't want to pay this -- as if everybody starts doing this type of stuff it's the end for great OPENSOURCE and FREE software.

I know people need to make money - but Free stuff provides a lot of testing / feedback so it does make money for Corporate and business users of the Software. We should support decent Freeware particularly for individual / home users as much as possible. Then the developers can create chargeable versions for business etc. No prob with that business model either.

If you find an alternative please post a link - but PLEASE NO TEAMVIEWER.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 27, 2016
  2. tlm2501 Win User

HOW CAN I CAHNGE TO UPDATE TO WONDOWS 10 HOME??

The upgrade is free. It's not a subscription of any kind or anything like that... You don't have to pay anything at all, ever, it's not a trial period (seems to be a common misconception), the upgrade is permanent and you don't have to pay for it at any
    point. The upgrades go like this:

• Windows 7 Home Premium, Home Basic and Starter get updated to Windows 10 Home.
    • Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate get updated to Windows 10 Pro.
    • Windows 8 gets updated to Windows 10 Home.
    • Windows 8 Pro gets updated to Windows 10 Pro.

To reiterate, the upgrade is completely, absolutely free, regardless of what edition you are upgrading to. You already paid for it back when you bought your current version of Windows, basically.

tlm2501, Jan 27, 2016
  3. n96 firmware v12

Your contract is with the operator, so I guess if you can demonstrate specific problems you may be able to get contract waived or phone replaced.

I'm completely with you on the frustration this causes though.

I was with 3UK and hit some unfixable (they *were* fixed in later fw) issues with a 6630 handset. After a while they agreed to replace my handset with an equiv model for free, or (as I did) pay to upgrade to a better one at a "fair" price.

planetf1---01, Jan 27, 2016
  4. z3r010 Win User

z3r010, Jan 27, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    If you are lucky like I am. You get a Sticky IP when you sign up with ATT for their U-Verse service. The only time the Outside IP changes, is if you change out your Gateway. That is because the IP is assigned to the MAC in their system. I do love how Comcast will keep an IP Sticky also, until you change out your Gateway, if you are using your own, not their eMTA.

Any so called free DNS IP services out there have con's, such as limited bandwidth for free each month, having to view ad's while browsing. List of some of the DDNS services out there that are still free. 5 Best Dynamic DNS Providers You Can Lookup for Free Today

bro67, Jan 27, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks -- signed up for that one -- works fine. I only need it for one machine -- tested and it's working great -- gives me a .me address though -- don't care so long as it works. You have to re-activate the free account every 30 days but that's no pain at all and using standard Windows RDP to the remote (Home) computer gives me my desktop - no ads either.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Everything seems Going Pro (i.e PAY) - any Free equiv for DynDNS - Similar Threads - Everything seems Going

2. Are there currently any free upgrades to Windows 7 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there currently any free upgrades to Windows 7 Pro ?: Twice a day at least I'm reminded that Windows 7 is no longer supported. Are there any free upgrades available ? I'm using an HP desktop.thanksMike...
  3. Everything related to folders seems to be going wrong...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything related to folders seems to be going wrong...: So, whenever I try to do something related to folders, the app is unresponsive.When I open the folders window and try to move a file for example, it goes Not Responding and freezes.When I try to download something, the Save As window goes unresponsive and all of my chrome...
  4. Everything related to folders seems to be going wrong...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything related to folders seems to be going wrong...: So, whenever I try to do something related to folders, the app is unresponsive.When I open the folders window and try to move a file for example, it goes Not Responding and freezes.When I try to download something, the Save As window goes unresponsive and all of my chrome...
  5. Everything related to folders seems to be going wrong...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Is there any way I can be helped without paying?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way I can be helped without paying?: I'm trying to log in on teams from my mobile phone but I can't access. There's a problem connecting to Microsoft. I joined with the different email other than the usual one. I've sent message to the online help but it seems I have to pay R65. Is there a way that I can be...
  7. Is there any point in paying for Iobit Advanced Systemcare Pro -

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there any point in paying for Iobit Advanced Systemcare Pro -: I have been paying for ASC-Pro for several years but beginning to wonder if the automatic maintenance provided in Win 10 does most of the work? ASC hasn't caused me any problems - just annoying being asked to pay for extra features that I believe should be included in the Pro...
  8. Is there any point in paying for Iobit Advanced Systemcare Pro -

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any point in paying for Iobit Advanced Systemcare Pro -: I have been paying for ASC-Pro for several years but beginning to wonder if the automatic maintenance provided in Win 10 does most of the work? ASC hasn't caused me any problems - just annoying being asked to pay for extra features that I believe should be included in the Pro...
  9. Are there any free Adobe Acrobat PRO alternatives?!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any free Adobe Acrobat PRO alternatives?!!: I want to be able to edit PDFs, Copy text with the format, use a highlighter, and easy word search throughout the file. Are there any PDF readers out there that can compete with Adobe Acrobat PRO submitted by /u/VeganShooter_ [link] [comments]...
  10. Browsers will not connect to DYNDNS sites

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers will not connect to DYNDNS sites: Hi I have a DNS account, the access works fine from my phone, tablet and mac. However when I try to connect via any browser on my Windows 10 machine its unable to connect. Any ideas? Cheers Phil 79672