Windows 10: Everytime background changes, explorer will automatically refresh

Discus and support Everytime background changes, explorer will automatically refresh in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the right place to ask but i have some problems with windows 10 since upgrade (I've had this problem since earlier build).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yanaro, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Yanaro Win User

Everytime background changes, explorer will automatically refresh

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but i have some problems with windows 10 since upgrade (I've had this problem since earlier build).
    Everytime background changes, explorer will automatically refresh (or so i think)
    For example, my i'm initially at the bottom of a folder like this
    Everytime background changes, explorer will automatically refresh [​IMG]

notice the scroll bar is at the very bottom.

After my background changes, it will be dragged all the way back to the top like this
    Everytime background changes, explorer will automatically refresh [​IMG]

It's really annoying everytime i navigate through folders with a lot of items.
    Is there anyway to fix this other than stopping the slideshow all together?
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Yanaro, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

Folder Files Reset Exactly when Slideshow Pictures Change on Windows 10

Are any of these files that you "pull up" on a Mapped Drive or Network Server? Is this a problem just involving one single machine and not in a Domain setting?

People are pointing to this setting "color accent change" in Personalization/ Colors/ Automatically pick an accent color from my background. See what you think

Windows 10 - How to solve issue with auto refresh in File Explorer ?

How to solve issue with auto-refresh in File Explorer? (Windows 10) - Windows Central Forums

Everytime background changes, explorer will automatically refresh - Windows 10 Forums

Linney, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Problem with File Explorer in W10

There is an option under personalization/colors in which you can have Windows automatically pick a background color. TURN THAT OFF!

Every time it changes the color, the Windows Explorer window refreshes and puts you back at the top of the list. It's definitely a bug.

You might notice that each time the background picture changes or the background color changes, this happens.

EatonScrapple, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Everytime background changes, explorer will automatically refresh

I've signed up here to say that i experience the exact same thing. Really annoying!

edit: Think i've found the culprit what is causing it (well, actually someone else has but i was lucky enough to find the thread).

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...ml#post3180772 and a possible solution (have to read the post first but was too excited and wanted to let you know it ASAP lol).

Yes! Turn off the automatic choosing of accent colours: Start Menu > Settings > Personalization > Colors *Cool

Hopefully a newer Windows build will change this behaviour Everytime background changes, explorer will automatically refresh :)

copyitright, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Everytime background changes, explorer will automatically refresh - Similar Threads - Everytime background changes

2. Refresh rate changes automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refresh rate changes automatically: My refresh rate changes to 60Hz automatically even after setting it as 40Hz when I restart or log in after sleep PC Specification: model: HP Victus, 512 SSD ROM , 8 GB Ram, Ryzen 5 5000H...
  3. Refresh rate changes automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refresh rate changes automatically: My refresh rate changes to 60Hz automatically even after setting it as 40Hz when I restart or log in after sleep PC Specification: model: HP Victus, 512 SSD ROM , 8 GB Ram, Ryzen 5 5000H...
  4. Windows Explorer is not automatically refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer is not automatically refreshing: When I am doing file or folder operation in explorer it is not automatically refreshing to reflect the updated changes How to fix this? 136118
  5. Background changes automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background changes automatically: In background when picture changs either on time or on restart the following happens 1. Background: changes from slideshow to picture 2. Fit changes from Fit to Fill Following internet read advice I have tried A. Changing desktop from available to paused B....
  6. File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically: Windows 10 Pro. Every few days File Explorer stops refreshing automatically; copying, renaming, deleting, moving and other operations with files and folders aren't reflected until I manually refresh it (hit F5). This can be alleviated by changing some View settings and then...
  7. Desktop and Explorer Not Automatically Refreshing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop and Explorer Not Automatically Refreshing: Hello, My computer (with Windows 10 Home) has been working fine until just few minutes ago when the desktop and explorer stopped automatically refreshing. What this means is that when I create a new folder, it doesn't show up until I manually refresh. When I delete a file,...
  8. File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically: Windows 10 Pro. Every few days File Explorer stops refreshing automatically; copying, renaming, deleting, moving and other operations with files and folders aren't reflected until I manually refresh it (hit F5). This can be alleviated by changing some View settings and then...
  9. Auto-refresh on file explorer when desktop backgrounds are changed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-refresh on file explorer when desktop backgrounds are changed.: The title basically says it all, I thought this was happening because of software on the computer, but I realized that it happens when wallpapers change automatically or when you right click and select "Next desktop background". It's something annoying mostly when you have...
  10. File explorer doesn't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer doesn't refresh automatically: hi guys i have some problem thats freaks me out!!! work on last updates , 64 bit every file i download to downloads folder i need to press f5 to see the file on top (list by date) i do some things.. like use some cmd commend to scan and fix all was great , change refresh...