Windows 10: EVGA Step-Up Program

Discus and support EVGA Step-Up Program in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Does anyone have any experience with this? The "used" 980 Ti I bought off of Amazon Warehouse Deals turned out to be brand new and eligible for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by blackroseMD1, Jul 13, 2016.

1. EVGA Step-Up Program

Does anyone have any experience with this? The "used" 980 Ti I bought off of Amazon Warehouse Deals turned out to be brand new and eligible for the Step-Up program, so I submitted a step up for the 1080 ACX 3.0 model. I'm curious about stuff like shipping time and if anyone has had any hassles? My invoice that I uploaded said "used" on it, so I'm wondering if that would disqualify me.

:)

blackroseMD1, Jul 13, 2016

2. Video Players crash in Windows 10

I have never heard of EVGA...ill have to look on my programs to see if I have it....EVGA Step-Up Program :) thanks,Tony

AnthonyKurtzweil, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Dimitris Batsougiannis, Jul 13, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

EVGA Step-Up Program

I thought it had to be new. Here is the details from EVGA EVGA - Support - Step-Up(R) Program . I did check into it once and whatever you have it will step up to the reference version, which in this case I guess would be The FE, if that will work. They haven't come out with the 1080 TI version.

essenbe, Jul 13, 2016
  5. It was brand new factory sealed in the box, even though it was described as used on Amazon. I'm assuming they'll probably reject the step up based on it saying used on my invoice, but I figured it's worth a shot.

They have a few other models (ACX 3.0 and SC, I believe) available to step up to for the 1080 since the FE costs more overall than the custom cards.

6. Dude Win User
    I hope you get it, keep us posted

7. essenbe Win User
    I hope you get it, whatever the link says.

essenbe, Jul 13, 2016
  8. EVGA Step-Up Program

Thanks guys. I'll definitely report back, although with the reported size of the Step Up queue, it may not be for a couple of months.

9. You may want to take a glance at EVGA's 1080 stock thread (link below).

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 Stock Thread - EVGA Forums

Hope you have better luck than any of us Canadians where it would seem there has been no EVGA stock whatsoever reaching our country. The most pitiful part is a CDN retailer who puts these cards up for sale and tells you (told me) that my June 6 EVGA FTW 1080 order will be fulfilled June 17, then sorry July 11 and then sorry we now don't have a clue when stock will be in.

I find it hilarious how all the review sites flooded the internet with 1080 reviews months ago, then 1070's, then 1060's and now they are talking about Pascal Titans/TI's.

I have one word to describe Nvidia's 1080 " MYTHICAL".

specialkone, Jul 14, 2016
  10. I've seen quite a few reports of that from US buyers too over on the Nvidia subreddit. If things keep playing out the way they have so far, I should get my 1080 via step up in 2-3 months. I'm already in the queue, so I'm guaranteed one. There's just no telling when.

blackroseMD1, Jul 15, 2016
  11. essenbe Win User
    As I recall, it was much like this when the 980's came out. You just couldn't find one. Places like Newegg did get them, but they sold out in like 3 minutes. The ones that got them knew when Newegg updated their stock, and just F5'd them for an hour until they appeared. After that it wasn't who had them in their carts, it was who paid first. I even bought one once, and got an email the next day saying it was out of stock, even after I paid for it. I still suspect some underhanded deal, which Newegg is not above doing.

It took a while for stock to build up.

essenbe, Jul 15, 2016
  12. That happened to me recently with Microcenter and a 980 Ti FTW that they had on deep sale. Them cancelling the order wasn't really as annoying as the waiting almost a week for the money to be put back on my card.

This is the first time I've looked at getting a flagship card this soon after release. The frenzy around them is pretty crazy.

blackroseMD1, Jul 15, 2016
  13. essenbe Win User

EVGA Step-Up Program

It really is. Too many people just sit there and F5 what they want. If it appears they will buy it, no matter what the price. It's really crazy.

essenbe, Jul 15, 2016
  14. How do you like this "deal" from Amazon (Canada). This is an MSI 1080 FE. I have no idea who deals #1 is but I certainly will never shop there. Oh, and there is an additional $65 shipping fee.

EVGA Step-Up Program [​IMG]

specialkone, Jul 15, 2016
  15. Seems to be a good idea to complain to my friends on the Windows 10 forum so I'll keep doing that (sorry).

Just got notified that my EVGA FTW 1080 has express shipped. Somewhere with the courier now at the Vancouver airport. I've heard that these couriers are backed up big time as many were anticipating a Canada Post strike which hasn't happened (yet). Plus that would be 2,300 miles (yes miles) from beautiful Vancouver to beautiful Montreal. We will see if I get it before the weekend.

specialkone, Jul 18, 2016
Thema:

EVGA Step-Up Program

1. EVGA Step-Up Program - Similar Threads - EVGA Step Program

2. Setting up a compulsory MS account - step by step

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up a compulsory MS account - step by step: So it is Saturday night and nothing to do anyway, so if some not so intellectually great MS geniuses have decided to turn setting up a PC, normally a boring technical activity, into a circus show, why not support them. They need what they think is my info so I make it up......
  3. Setting up a shared drive - step by step

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up a shared drive - step by step: Can anyone please help with this? :) Which order should the blocks be in? 164779
  4. Setting up a shared drive - step by step

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting up a shared drive - step by step: Can anyone please help with this? :) Which order should the blocks be in? 164779
  5. EVGA Precision X

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EVGA Precision X: First time user. Faulting application name: PrecisionX_x64.exe, version: 1.0.2.0, time stamp: 0x5db807ac Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 10.0.18362.387, time stamp: 0xc808fce5 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00000000000ac44e Faulting process id:...
  6. RTX 2080 - MSI or EVGA?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    RTX 2080 - MSI or EVGA?: Question guys, would you go with this MSI (on sale for $720) or with this EVGA for 70 bucks more? The only significant difference I see in the specs is the boost clocks...1710 MHz on the MSI vs 1800 MHz on the EVGA. Is that worth paying the extra $70? Also, the EVGA black...
  7. evga precision x

evga precision x: EVGA Precision XOC version 6.2.3 works very well as long as its used only on Evga products. Like the guys posted the other two updates I would stay away from, until Evga fixes the latest bugs. *Smile
  8. 2 EVGA 660TI's

2 EVGA 660TI's: So I have a client who has a 660ti P/N: 02G-P4-3660-BR, and he also has a 660ti P/N: 03g-p4-3661-kr One is the 2GB version and one is the 3GB version. Is he able to use both of these together? Or Not possible since they don't both have 2GB or 3GB? 68254
  9. Stepping up protection with intelligent security

in Windows 10 News
    Stepping up protection with intelligent security: With digital transformation, technology becomes increasingly central to every business and organization. This makes ensuring cybersecurity increasingly important. And, as employees increase their use of mobile devices and cloud-based apps, protecting their work requires a new...
  10. Skype is Stepping Up Productive Communication

in Windows 10 News
    Skype is Stepping Up Productive Communication: As part of our commitment to continually bring the everyday Skype experience to more places, we are excited to share that Skype is now available for Office Online Word and Office Online PowerPoint . Skype for Office Online makes collaborating a breeze. The chat experience...