Windows 10: Ex HDD became my Local Drive C/ & My Account Permissions are Affected

Discus and support Ex HDD became my Local Drive C/ & My Account Permissions are Affected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good Afternoon, This is a Modified Corrected Post I have (2) Problem' both related: Ex HDD Has Become Local Drive C/ and All My Profiles, Account’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dasha, May 13, 2018.

1. Dasha Win User

Ex HDD became my Local Drive C/ & My Account Permissions are Affected

Good Afternoon, This is a Modified Corrected Post
    I have (2) Problem' both related:
    Ex HDD Has Become Local Drive C/ and All My Profiles, Account’s and Permissions and are also affected, My Account's Profiles and Permissions have changed

1 )
    I Had a Western Digital HDD 1 Terabyte with Four Partitions on it
    I was trying to Create a Re Bootable Disc (USB) I must have clicked the wrong Drive Letter Instead of the Bootable USB,
    It seems I have moved all the contents and all the Data in the Four Partitions together onto My EX HDD TO its reading:
    Local Drive (C://) 991.9GB and free 764GB (this is roughly the bulk of the remaining space left on my Western Digital Ex HDD?

The other Partitions s on there were

Ex HDD became my Local Drive C/ & My Account Permissions are Affected :)F) 31.1GB
    and free 30.7 GB was Named Movies TV and Video

(G*Smile
    Was all MUSIC Had all my Music files on it I moved them two weeks ago so I could make it the Kaspersky Scheduled Back-up Partition - now its UN-Available and Empty

(H*Smile EBook’s and Pictures’
    is now - UN-Available and Empty

(i*Smile The Vault was a 300 GB Backup
    UN-Available and Empty

That Re-Bootable USB I created worked and is named: “WINDOWS 10 BOOT (J*Smile”
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 )
    All My Account’s Permissions and Profiles have been Affected
    Please See Screen Shot ‘s
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Domain=DESKTOP-HGV5LB2
    FullName= <--------- Is Still Showing on MY LOG-IN Page as

Name= User <-------- This was always _Local Administrator Account' before the Ex HDD issues was my Main Operating Account

SID
    = S-1-5-21-198176421-3910027260-4293273129-1001
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Name= SelwynBlondie <--- Local Account but does not always appear in User Account
    FullName = NONE

SID=
    S-1-5-21-198176421-3910027260-4293273129-1004

as Administrator Is Only appearing in C/Users/User/Control Panel/ User Accounts” I hope Somone can help me Please In Anticipation

:)

Dasha, May 13, 2018
  2. Chasbob Win User

Access to files on external HDD

I recently bought a new Windows 10 computer. I already have an external HDD with my photos on. To migrate my other data (e.g. Office docs etc) from the C: drive on my old XP computer I copied the relevant folders to the external HDD. I intend to copy this
    data to an internal HDD on my new computer, but before doing so I am deleting files that I no longer require. I am signed in with an administrator account on my new computer, but every time I try to delete or move a file or folder on the external HDD, a dialog
    box pops up asking for administrator permission. Clicking 'Yes' enables me to delete or move the file/folder, but this is clearly laborious. Inspecting the properties of files/folders on the external HDD, I see that every file and folder has a blue/yellow
    shield against Rename and Delete.

Is there a way that that I can simply update the permissions on all files/folders on the external HDD to give full access to my administrator account, so that I can move/delete files without needing to give permission every time.

Note - At the end of the day I want to move the Office docs etc to an internal HDD on my new computer but leave the photos on the external HDD. But I want my administrator account to have full access to both types of file.

Chasbob, May 13, 2018
  3. Controlling BOOT drive after installing SSD with second HDD still onboard

I installed a Samsung 850EVO SSD on a Lenovo H50 desktop with WIN10, 1TB WD HDD, 12g Ram, 2g Nvdia gpu.

After a lot of learning about WIN not allowing HDD to be mirrored fully - no Boot. I disconnected HDD, booted from flash drive, reinstalled WIN10 on SSD and it became the boot drive. Upon reconnecting my HDD, it wants to take over as boot drive again.

I repeated the above. Wiped the HDD. Though disc restore repartitioned drive to original condition, it is for now, the data D: drive with primary and recover partitions, but not the Boot.

Is there a way to ensure it my SSD C: on Target 0 remains boot?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff C. Allen, May 13, 2018
  4. Dasha Win User

Good Afternoon, This is a Modified Corrected Post
    I have (2) Problem' both related:
    Ex HDD Has Become Local Drive C/ and All My Profiles, Account’s and Permissions and are also affected, My Account's Profiles and Permissions have changed

1 )
    I Had a Western Digital HDD 1 Terabyte with Four Partitions on it
    I was trying to Create a Re Bootable Disc (USB) I must have clicked the wrong Drive Letter Instead of the Bootable USB,
    It seems I have moved all the contents and all the Data in the Four Partitions together onto My EX HDD TO its reading:
    Local Drive (C://) 991.9GB and free 764GB (this is roughly the bulk of the remaining space left on my Western Digital Ex HDD?

The other Partitions s on there were

Ex HDD became my Local Drive C/ & My Account Permissions are Affected :)F) 31.1GB
    and free 30.7 GB was Named Movies TV and Video

(G*Smile
    Was all MUSIC Had all my Music files on it I moved them two weeks ago so I could make it the Kaspersky Scheduled Back-up Partition - now its UN-Available and Empty

(H*Smile EBook’s and Pictures’
    is now - UN-Available and Empty

(i*Smile The Vault was a 300 GB Backup
    UN-Available and Empty

That Re-Bootable USB I created worked and is named: “WINDOWS 10 BOOT (J*Smile”
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 )
    All My Account’s Permissions and Profiles have been Affected
    Please See Screen Shot ‘s
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Domain=DESKTOP-HGV5LB2
    FullName= <--------- Is Still Showing on MY LOG-IN Page as

Name= User <-------- This was always _Local Administrator Account' before the Ex HDD issues was my Main Operating Account

SID
    = S-1-5-21-198176421-3910027260-4293273129-1001
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Name= SelwynBlondie <--- Local Account but does not always appear in User Account
    FullName = NONE

SID=
    S-1-5-21-198176421-3910027260-4293273129-1004

as Administrator Is Only appearing in C/Users/User/Control Panel/ User Accounts” I hope Somone can help me Please In Anticipation

:)

Dasha, May 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Ex HDD became my Local Drive C/ & My Account Permissions are Affected - Similar Threads - HDD became Local

2. My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?: A couple days ago, my computer stopped working for “inaccessible boot device” error. I tried everything that is available, and now resetting windows will be the only option now.However, before I did. I was checking my files in cmd making sure everything is there and I noticed...
  3. My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?: A couple days ago, my computer stopped working for “inaccessible boot device” error. I tried everything that is available, and now resetting windows will be the only option now.However, before I did. I was checking my files in cmd making sure everything is there and I noticed...
  4. My ex keeps accessing my account

in Windows 10 Customization
    My ex keeps accessing my account: I don't know what to do. My now ex bought a new laptop and asked for me to set it up. Thinking at the time I could trust him and he would never be so nosey, I set it up using my Microsoft account and forgot to remove it. Now I keep seeing it under my devices. I have removed...
  5. D Drive became C Drive, C became OS: F

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    D Drive became C Drive, C became OS: F: Hi, After an update and not using my laptop for a week, after powering on my laptop, my profile was completely different, my wallpaper, profile name, and all my on screen apps were gone. I checked and my Downloads, desktop, pictures, music, videos and documents file and it...
  6. Total Permissions reset for Windows 10 default permissions on local drive C:\. Icacls.exe...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Total Permissions reset for Windows 10 default permissions on local drive C:\. Icacls.exe...: Hello I was trying to learn how to reset permissions on Windows 10 under advanced security. The owner of my C: was not my name it was listed as Trustedinstaller, I wanted to correct this and made a change to my username that is the Administrator. Once this completed I was...
  7. How to reset all user permissions on my local disk c drive for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to reset all user permissions on my local disk c drive for Windows 10?: I made a bad mistake and remove both permissions for the system and for administrators on my local disk c drive. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-all-user-permissions-on-my-local-disk/d9f13e98-348c-4046-8d42-8f58e573b3ef
  8. C drive Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive Permissions: By default all my software and games are installed in C so My Documents/Videos/Pictures are the default save locations for respective software/game. After the latest Windows update, any game I playalready played before starts from the beginning and if i try to save the game...
  9. C drive permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C drive permissions: Any software or games I install, I install them in the default location C. if I am playing a game, the save files of the game by default gets saved in documents. Ever since updating windows, any software or game that tries to save something in documents is showing error. As...
  10. Will reseting windows affect my HDD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will reseting windows affect my HDD?: i have 1 ssd and 1 hdd, i have my windows10 installed on my ssd and what i would like to do is to completely clean my ssd and keep all the data in my hdd intact. i was wondering if i were to use the reset windows option would it only reset C? or will it affect my hdd?...