Windows 10: Ex Opera CEO releases new browser Vivaldi

Discus and support Ex Opera CEO releases new browser Vivaldi in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I installed this today it's called the Vivaldi Technical Preview. It not even like Opera. 3830 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by orlbuckeye, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Ex Opera CEO releases new browser Vivaldi

I installed this today it's called the Vivaldi Technical Preview. It not even like Opera.

:)

orlbuckeye, Jan 27, 2015
  2. skrambam Win User

IE11 won't play video while six other browsers have no problem playing it

Let me repeat, "This site <Link Removed> runs correctly on six browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi, Safari, Edge, Opera) but does not run correctly on IE11....."

skrambam, Jan 27, 2015
  3. Abrupt disappearance of all my Favorites on Windows 10, using Microsoft Edge.

Can't help you with this one but my suggestion would be to just stop using such an inferior browser. Firefox, Vivaldi, Opera, Chrome, whatever... just take your pick.

RobertJWin, Jan 27, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Ex Opera CEO releases new browser Vivaldi

BunnyJ, Jan 27, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I think too many of these things start out great and then they all make the same mistake -- they become saddled with "Feature-itus" so the original reason why people picked the browser in the first place (speed and simplicity) has now gone.

Look at products like NERO -- so full of extra (and probably rarely used) features when people just wanted a quick efficient DVD / CD burner. Another one -- the old Interface on Acronis (Acronis workstation 10) was FAR FAR simpler to use and much more informative than the newer versions which make you go through a whole slew of lookups to FIND your backups and there's no way to annotate them - the old versions you could add notes saying "Windows 10 update checking build 9926" or whatever.

I KNOW people say there's no such thing as "Standing Still" in business - but adding features to an application that people have chosen BECAUSE of its very simplicity seems a retrograde step --it will just become "an also ran" in the myriad of browsers out there now.

I gave up on Firefox - to configure that meant you really needed a doctorate in Computer Science to even start doing it -- so many options /configuration choices etc.

For a Browser - just ONE CLICK is all I want - if it needs things to play video or whatever than just get them - I don't want to know about installing flash / HTML 5 or Next doors Dog. If it's doing anything it shouldn't then firewall / AV system should be able to handle.

"Re-Branding" says to me 99.99% of the time that the business is in trouble and lost its way. You don't see BMW or Mercedes changing their brand name and the "features" they add to new models makes them actually SIMPLER to drive than the old ones.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 28, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    Its sad to see a once great team divide and produce rather similar products both based on Chrome.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ex Opera CEO releases new browser Vivaldi

1. Ex Opera CEO releases new browser Vivaldi - Similar Threads - Opera CEO releases

2. New Vivaldi

in Browsers and Email
    New Vivaldi: If you use Vivaldi, think twice about downloading the new version. I didn't and not only did I end up with two icons on my desktop but Vivaldi has removed all my saves from the browser, deleted my start page, and dropped all passwords. Now, the only thing stopping me from...
  3. Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opera Browser: I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? 172829
  4. Vivaldi Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Vivaldi Browser: I am trying Vivaldi Browser (Chromium Based, Version 2.10.1746.26) and am pleased and impressed with it's speed, ease of use, and customizability. I've previously been using Firefox and Chromium Edge, but Vivaldi is my preference over each of them at this time. I am getting...
  5. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is. <Animated GIF removed> * Moved from Virus & Malware...
  6. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/about-the-opera-browser/3b1f1ead-9c27-41ea-b5c5-2952b1d45bd2
  7. Trying New Browser: Vivaldi to see how it works for me...

in Browsers and Email
    Trying New Browser: Vivaldi to see how it works for me...: I am testing and using the new version of browser: Vivaldi TP4.1.0.219.50.x64 Some years ago I used the old Opera browser all the time and really liked it. I plan to use it here a lot...while giving it good test.... I understand this new browser named: Vivaldi was written...
  8. Vivaldi browser backgrounds.

in Browsers and Email
    Vivaldi browser backgrounds.: Hello, Who can tell me where I can find awesome widescreen 1600x900 (laptop) backgrounds or wallpapers with the new VIVALDI- browser logo or -brandname on it ? Thanks in advance for your answer. Best regards. 48259
  9. Latest Opera browser

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Opera browser: I've recently installed the new Opera browser. and so far am liking it. I've usually used Chrome, and like that, too. I did a little testing on my own, using Task Mgr. I find that Opera uses substantially less resources than Chrome. I like many of the Opera features, such...
  10. Opera Neon new concept browser is born

in Windows 10 News
    Opera Neon new concept browser is born: A year ago, we set out to explore what web browsers might look like in years to come. Now, you can try Opera Neon – a concept browser that gives you a glimpse into the future of desktop browsers. [img] Today’s web browsers are not as fresh as they used to be At...