Windows 10: Excel 2007 Won'l load complex spreadsheets after this morning's update

Discus and support Excel 2007 Won'l load complex spreadsheets after this morning's update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Two days ago, Windows Update deleted my printer and its drivers from my system. I was able to get the drivers from Canon and put everything back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pencat12, Dec 16, 2015.

1. pencat12 Win User

Excel 2007 Won'l load complex spreadsheets after this morning's update

Two days ago, Windows Update deleted my printer and its drivers from my system. I was able to get the drivers from Canon and put everything back together, but was not happy about it. Then this morning I found that another update had caused Excel 2007 to choke and fail to load any of my big spreadsheets that had complex macros, especially those using VBA. I use these daily.

What I need right now is: Which update did this and how do I back it out????

Then I need someone at Microsoft to recognize that their new update business model is horrible. I really need to see which updates are coming and what they are going to do before I allow them to be installed on MY system. And the included in information I need to see with each new update is instructions on how to remove it in case it causes problems.

Right now I'm in trouble. I can't open about a dozen spreadsheets that I use daily. Some are personal, but I'm the Treasurer of my local Homeowners Association and all of our financial records are in Excel and are currently offline due to this problem. I need it fixed ASAP.

:)

pencat12, Dec 16, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

microsoft office

Complex spreadsheets may not open on the phone since Excel Mobile does not have all the features of Excel on your computer.

Your computer not being able to open the spreadsheet is weird though...

Entegy, Dec 16, 2015
  3. Theurgist Win User
    Excel 2007 copy to Excel Mobile

I have a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 with tons of calculations. I tried to copy this file to my mobile device excel mobile. The spreadsheet copies and works except none of the calculations are there. Any suggestions?

Theurgist, Dec 16, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 17, 2015
  5. pencat12 Win User
    It turns out that there were 48 updates installed on 12/15/2015. (Actually quite a number fewer because many of them were installed several times. 48 is the number given by Windows Update, however.) All of them are marked as uninstallable, so I'm out of luck there. It seems that I have but two options: revert to Windows 7 or pay up ($400, yikes!) and upgrade to Office 365 plus Visio 2016. I was planning on the upgrade eventually but not this soon. Next July or August is what I had budgeted.

I have an image copy of the system disk as it was just before I "upgraded" to Windows 10. If I plan to make a new image copy of the Windows 10 system as it is now, then clone the Windows 7 image back to the system disk and run Window 7 until July or August, can I then reverse the process and restore my Windows 10 image back to the system disk and simply run Windows Update as many times as necessary to catch up? And then upgrade Office?

Note: All data files are on an external NAS and will not be affected by changes to the system disk.

pencat12, Dec 20, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, I would keep checking for and installing all Windows Updates first.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Excel 2007 Won'l load complex spreadsheets after this morning's update - Similar Threads - Excel 2007 Won'l

2. Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar: This is the second time that an update has occurred and I have lost my ability to show spreadsheets on my Excel taskbar. I cannot drag from File explorer and my Display is setup correct. Can you please tell me how I can get this feature back....
  3. Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar: This is the second time that an update has occurred and I have lost my ability to show spreadsheets on my Excel taskbar. I cannot drag from File explorer and my Display is setup correct. Can you please tell me how I can get this feature back....
  4. Excel 2013 spreadsheets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel 2013 spreadsheets: I am having hick-ups in my spreadsheets, ie, copying, pasting, inserting, etc. How can this be resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2013-spreadsheets/40ceb777-1a23-4ff3-a8f4-f7f9ac5b6bb0
  5. Excel spreadsheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel spreadsheet: I can no longer copy my credit card statement into an Excel worksheet so that each charged item appears in a single horizontal cell like I used to be able to do. Instead, the entire list of charges appears in a single vertical row. What can I do?...
  6. Cell formulas in excel spreadsheets

Cell formulas in excel spreadsheets: Can someone help me to I presume clear formatting in cells. I'm entering a column of numbers in this case planting space guides for vegetables and every once in awhile a random cell will revert to a date. For example, if you look down the column you see 15-30, 40-50, Oct-15...
  7. Can't open Excel 2007 after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open Excel 2007 after latest windows update.: After the latest windows 10 update, Excel won't open. I have the CD to try a reinstallation of Excel but my current computer doesn't have a CD reader installed. I can install the CD reader from my old computer but I really don't want to waste my time if it's unlikely to work....
  8. office excel 2007

office excel 2007: why do I keep getting an error in office 2007 STDOLE32.tlb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-excel-2007/b77a8896-af42-4b81-9012-8ab19c1963bc
  9. Excel 2007 no graph after Win 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel 2007 no graph after Win 10 1903 update: I have an Excl 2007 workbook with data and graphs. The data is still there but the graphs that are on separate sheets are no longer viewable. I can create a graph on a workbook sheet but when I move it to a graph sheet is not viewable. If I move the graph sheet back to the...
  10. Excel Spreadsheet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Spreadsheet: A simple xlsm spreadsheet suddenly stopped loading. Clicking on the icon to load, and alternatively clicking on the file itself, the green EXCEL screen shows, It asks to update links, answer as previously is Dont update, then the screen remains blank and nothing happens....