Windows 10: Excel 2013: I lost current date hotkey

Discus and support Excel 2013: I lost current date hotkey in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Help me! After updating Office 2013 VL I lost the hotkey to add current date on a ceiling. It was CTRL+SHIFT+; Ironically in computer without the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Pipppero2007, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Excel 2013: I lost current date hotkey

Help me!

After updating Office 2013 VL I lost the hotkey to add current date on a ceiling. It was CTRL+SHIFT+;

Ironically in computer without the updates it still works.

:)

Pipppero2007, Jan 25, 2018
  2. Davamdean Win User

After install of Win 10 downloaded Excel files "corrupt"

I have the same problem since installing Windows 10. I get this message when I try to open files with Excel 2013. I can open them just fine in excel 2010 so I know the files are not corrupt. In my case this is an issue between Windows 10 and Excel 2013.
    I tried to repair excel 2013 and tried the steps in the link but nothing works.

Davamdean, Jan 25, 2018
  3. May 27 Windows update totally screwed up Excel and Word 2013

Excel 2013 and Word 2013 now open with the green excel screen and the dots circling. Goes forever. Sometimes the file opens but Excel wont do anything. Finally, I get the screen that says Excel stopped working.

How do I go back to the previous version of windows?

AlanNakashima, Jan 25, 2018
  4. Excel 2013: I lost current date hotkey

Yes, I meant the shortcut is "CTRL+;" (means also "CTRL+SHIFT+,".)

BTW, the current date hotkey is lost with the updates of Office in two computer and in a third when I didn't do any update is still working.

The "insert time" still working fine, instead ("CTRL+.").

Help, I cannot live without it. Seriously.

Pipppero2007, Jan 25, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    Ctrl + ; still works in my 64-bit Excel 15 [Office 2013] on 64-bit Win10 Version 1709 Build 16299.194.

Berton, Jan 25, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    On which keyboard layout is shift+, the same as ; ? Certainly not ENG US or ENG UK - on those the < character is shift+,

Could this be a clue? Have you checked that you have the correct keyboard language installed for your layout?

Ctrl+; works on all my machines and various versions of Excel - Office2000/Win7, 2007/Win10 and 2010/win10.

7. I don't understand!!!

I have italian layout, on my computer without the updates the CTRL+; still works, while, in the updated Office 2013 computers (different OSs) it stopped working!!!

I check my friend of mine with Win 10 and Office 2013 with "Windows Update>Other Microsoft software updates checked" and even in his computer the CTRL+; didn't work. He is italian too.

I am in trouble because I use that hotkey many many many times in a day.

Pipppero2007, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Excel 2013: I lost current date hotkey

1. Excel 2013: I lost current date hotkey - Similar Threads - Excel 2013 lost

2. Outlook 2013 change my system date format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2013 change my system date format: Hi all, I have Microsoft Office Standard 2013 MAK version installed in my laptop which running Windows 10 Professional 1809. I am using English (Malaysia) region, I have set my date format from the default d/M/yyyy to dd/MM/yyyy. However, my date format will keep reset to...
  3. Excel 2013

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Excel 2013: My Excel program will not open - it says "it has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly and Excel will need to be closed as a result. Would you like to repair it now?" When I click "repair now" the program just closes. Please can you help...
  4. Lost excel files ...... Help !

Lost excel files ...... Help !: Lost excel files after reimaging Help ! Hi , so two says ago i did a windows update and it sent me to a blue screen of death. After much effort i decided to bite the bullet and do a system reimage which was rolling back everything to the last save in June. When it rebooted...
  5. I lost apps when Windows 10 up-dated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost apps when Windows 10 up-dated: I lost apps when Windows 10 up-graded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-apps-when-windows-10-up-dated/f3b42d26-d256-4436-a8b8-d0ee938eb083
  6. Microsoft Excel (Office 2013) requires MSOINTL.DLL to run

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Excel (Office 2013) requires MSOINTL.DLL to run: I was using Excel in Office 2013 yesterday. When I opened the program later in the day I got the message "Microsoft Excel requires the file MSOINTL.DLL to run. Run Setup again to ensure proper installation. I have reinstalled Office 2013 three times from my Microsoft account...
  7. Windows 10 currently at 1709 says "Up to date"

Windows 10 currently at 1709 says "Up to date": I am forcing "Check for updates" and Update status says "Your device is up to date. Last checked today, 5:30 PM" In System--->About It says Version: 1709 Why is it not seeing updates for 1803?...
  8. Excel 2013 runs out of available resources; not a RAM issue

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel 2013 runs out of available resources; not a RAM issue: Having upgraded PC, changed to Win10 and reinstalled Office 2013, I find a problem with one of my files (that used to work OK in Win7) - when I try to save, it says Excel has run out of resources and cannot evaluate my formulas. I am aware that it may be because I'm running...
  9. Is default cell width for Excel 2013 8.43 or 8.38?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Is default cell width for Excel 2013 8.43 or 8.38?: Hi guys, almost a month ago I was working on a file on Excel 2010 (whose cells were 15 x 8,43), when all of a sudden Windows asked me to install the so-called "Windows 10 anniversary" update and, when I went on to open the file, I found out the cell width had gone from 8.43...
  10. New Excel 2013 BI stability and usability improvements

in Windows 10 News
    New Excel 2013 BI stability and usability improvements: Recently we announced a new public update to Excel 2013 that includes major stability and usability improvements in Self Service BI scenarios—especially when Power Query, Power Pivot and Power View are involved. For this release we eliminated over 120 bugs, crashes and hangs...