Windows 10: EXCEL 2016 script error when getting external (web) data

Discus and support EXCEL 2016 script error when getting external (web) data in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi there Trying to download data from web into a spreadsheet I keep getting Script Error. This worked perfectly in EXCEL 2010 (and still does). Get... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Dec 28, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

EXCEL 2016 script error when getting external (web) data

Hi there

Trying to download data from web into a spreadsheet I keep getting Script Error. This worked perfectly in EXCEL 2010 (and still does). Get external data -->web

The query simply takes the components of the London FTSE 100 (like the Dow jones / S&P) and downloads into a spreadsheet -- all text so no complicated conversions or formulae.

Any ideas -- did I install Office 2016 missing some option.

I use this type of data gathering quite a lot so this is a very annoying problem.

EXCEL 2016 script error when getting external (web) data [​IMG]

as an aside I notice that the web access via EXCEL is still IE based rather than using Edge !!!! so maybe even Ms doesn't know how its own products are supposed to integrate with Edge yet !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 28, 2015

2. Excel 2016 Downloading Webpages using Visual Basic

Many of the web pages give me the data OK, but some give me the comment "Please enable Java Script to view the page comment"

I've checked my Internet 11 options and this shows java script is enabled. I can't find any way for doing this when I'm using Edge with Windows 10

To complicate this I can download successfully for today's day but not for any of the other 6 days in the coming week, which have a different URL code. Today uses 0 in the URL, other days use 1 through 6.

On a separate matter one Web page provider uses the same URL for all 7 days, data for each day has to be found by clicking on a tab on the web page. When this is done the URL heading stays the same but data for each day of the week can be found. Is there
    any way I can get around this to download data for each day using Visual Basic with Excel 2016?

JohnWyatt_822, Dec 28, 2015
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I am constantly getting script errors when internet explorer 11 web pages load, along with slow loading web pages. I often get multiple script errors when loading just one web page. I have tried every suggestion in researching this issue, including
    resetting the internet, checking the script debugging boxes in internet options, running internet explorer without add-ons, disabling google toolbar, troubleshooting, managing add-ons, etc. It is not just certain web pages that have the script errors. I recently
    purchased a new computer loaded with windows 10, and that's when the problems started. I had windows 10 on my old computer and had absolutely no problems with unending script error pop ups. Between the scripts errors and slow loading web pages, it is nearly
    impossible to get anything done in a timely manner. Please help! This problem seems to be a frustrating issue with so many people.

mbmeadows, Dec 28, 2015
  4. hcgaron Win User

I know this post is over a year old but I too am having the SAME EXACT problem with Excel 2016 running in Windows 10. I also use this frequently and never had an issue before (working on a new computer now). Do you still experience this issue?

Thanks.

hcgaron, Mar 12, 2017
Thema:

1. EXCEL 2016 script error when getting external (web) data - Similar Threads - EXCEL 2016 script

2. Excel 2016 freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel 2016 freezes: Is there a reason, why Excel 2016 freezes when running under Windows 10? IT appears immediately after the start / restart of the system.Ictried a new User Profile, with No results.***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  3. Microsoft announces public preview of Office Scripts in Excel on web

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces public preview of Office Scripts in Excel on web: Today we are announcing the availability of a public preview of Office Scripts in Excel on the web. Office Scripts is a feature that enables users with all levels of Excel experience—from beginner users to those with advanced coding expertise—to record scripts and automate...
  4. Excel 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel 2016: How can I recover an excel2016 file that will not open maybe corrupt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2016/4ac0eb0f-7f93-4203-ba6e-ee4aa9899ed3
  5. Converting Excel Data to Powershell Script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting Excel Data to Powershell Script: How would I go about converting Excel Data to Powershell Script? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/converting-excel-data-to-powershell-script/5c4fc5ae-3d65-4f9e-aef3-f6daad5910de"
  6. Error in "get data from web in excel

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error in "get data from web in excel: Hi, we are trying to import a website data into excel to get the real time report based on it. we are getting error in web view section saying that "The Highlighting is disabled because this page uses internet explorer's compatibility mode" so I could not able to get the...
  7. Excel 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel 2016: How do I customize the default date format in Excel 2016 to this -- Mmm dd / yyyy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2016/1e4038d6-9a54-44e0-9556-925b91cef13a
  8. Excel 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Excel 2016: I've recently installed Office 365 Home (64-bit edition) on a brand new Dell XPS 15 9570 with 32 Gb of RAM and an i7 6-core processor and a 4k screen along with an Nvidia 1050 GPU. However, I've been very disappointed with the performance of Excel on the machine relative to...
  9. September 2016 updates: Get & Transform in Excel 2016 and Power Query

in Windows 10 News
    September 2016 updates: Get & Transform in Excel 2016 and Power Query: Excel 2016 includes a powerful new set of features based on the Power Query technology, which provides fast, easy data gathering and shaping capabilities and can be accessed through the Get & Transform section on the Data ribbon. Today, we are pleased to announce two new...
  10. October 2016 updates for Get & Transform in Excel 2016 & Power Query

in Windows 10 News
    October 2016 updates for Get & Transform in Excel 2016 & Power Query: Excel 2016 includes a powerful new set of features based on the Power Query technology, which provides fast, easy data gathering and shaping capabilities and can be accessed through the Get & Transform section on the Data ribbon. Today, we are pleased to announce three new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel 365 importing data from a web page compatibilty mode

2. excel script error

3. data from web in excel not working

4. excel page script error message import web data ,
  5. why am i getting a script error when import from web into excel,
  6. get external data from web script error,
  7. script error occur in excel sheet while importing data from web,
  8. unable to access data from web in excel script error,
  9. excel 2016 data from web get script error then hang,
  10. script error getting external data,
  11. external data script error,