Windows 10: Excel and OneDrive

Discus and support Excel and OneDrive in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; For years I have kept my Excel files on one of my local drives but now I am trying to put them out on OneDrive and am running into a problem. When I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by JJG10, Mar 11, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

Excel and OneDrive

For years I have kept my Excel files on one of my local drives but now I am trying to put them out on OneDrive and am running into a problem.

When I use one of the locally stored files and make a change to it that I don't want to keep if I try to exit it I get a message asking if I want to save it. Sometimes I do and others I do not.

However, If I open one of the OneDrive files and make some changes those changes are reflected in file when I exit.

How can I make the 'OneDrive' files behave like the locally stored files and ask me if I want to save them?

Thanks for any help.

:)

JJG10, Mar 11, 2018

2. files

OneDrive gets my vote on that. There is a OneDrive app fully supported on Apple as well as word/excel etc.

MarkInKent, Mar 11, 2018
  3. Albeeone Win User
    OneDrive files won't stay pinned to taskbar

If a pin an excel files that is saved in my OneDrive folder to the pinned excel files list in the taskbar, once I open that file it disappears from the pinned list. This only happens with files saved in the OneDrive folder. Any files saved in my documents
    remain pinned to the taskbar. How can I get the OneDrive files to stay pinned? They stayed pinned before but just started disappearing this last week.

Albeeone, Mar 11, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Excel and OneDrive

Turn AutoSave off (top left corner), screenshot from Excel 2016:

Excel and OneDrive [​IMG]

Excel will now prompt to save or discard changes, also for files on OneDrive.

5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you, Kari.

That was exactly what I was looking for.

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Excel and OneDrive

1. Excel and OneDrive - Similar Threads - Excel OneDrive

2. Obtain view only sharing link of OneDrive file by programming in Excel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Obtain view only sharing link of OneDrive file by programming in Excel: Hi Support, I am curious to know if it is possible to obtain a file's OneDrive sharing link in excel cell formulae. I have an excel spreadsheet which is used to manage MANY image files. At the moment, I am using HyperLink to generate clickable links in spreadsheet. When I...
  3. Obtain view only sharing link of OneDrive file by programming in Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Obtain view only sharing link of OneDrive file by programming in Excel: Hi Support, I am curious to know if it is possible to obtain a file's OneDrive sharing link in excel cell formulae. I have an excel spreadsheet which is used to manage MANY image files. At the moment, I am using HyperLink to generate clickable links in spreadsheet. When I...
  4. Obtain view only sharing link of OneDrive file by programming in Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. On mobile Onedrive app, excel files get split into many pages. Advise.

On mobile Onedrive app, excel files get split into many pages. Advise.: On mobile Onedrive app, excel files get split into many pages. Advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-mobile-onedrive-app-excel-files-get-split-into/c29e2923-c8a0-45ff-8b57-b372a19a7ac6
  6. On mobile Onedrive app, excel files get split into many pages. Advise.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On mobile Onedrive app, excel files get split into many pages. Advise.: On mobile Onedrive app, excel files get split into many pages. Advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-mobile-onedrive-app-excel-files-get-split-into/c29e2923-c8a0-45ff-8b57-b372a19a7ac6
  7. On mobile Onedrive app, excel files get split into many pages. Advise.

8. OneDrive Issues Whilst Programming Automation in VBA for Excel and Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Issues Whilst Programming Automation in VBA for Excel and Outlook: I have a huge problem that I need to correct. OneDrive has changed all my paths to include OneDrive, and it has broke my automation processes that I have in numerous Excel Workbooks and Email tools in Outlook. Add to that the trusted file issues also. This is on my work...
  9. OneDrive Issues Whilst Programming Automation in VBA for Excel and Outlook

OneDrive Issues Whilst Programming Automation in VBA for Excel and Outlook: I have a huge problem that I need to correct. OneDrive has changed all my paths to include OneDrive, and it has broke my automation processes that I have in numerous Excel Workbooks and Email tools in Outlook. Add to that the trusted file issues also. This is on my work...
  10. OneDrive Issues Whilst Programming Automation in VBA for Excel and Outlook

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pin excel files stored on onedrive