Windows 10: Excel and OneDrive

Discus and support Excel and OneDrive in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; For years I have kept my Excel files on one of my local drives but now I am trying to put them out on OneDrive and am running into a problem. When I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by JJG10, Mar 11, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

Excel and OneDrive

For years I have kept my Excel files on one of my local drives but now I am trying to put them out on OneDrive and am running into a problem.

When I use one of the locally stored files and make a change to it that I don't want to keep if I try to exit it I get a message asking if I want to save it. Sometimes I do and others I do not.

However, If I open one of the OneDrive files and make some changes those changes are reflected in file when I exit.

How can I make the 'OneDrive' files behave like the locally stored files and ask me if I want to save them?

Thanks for any help.

:)

JJG10, Mar 11, 2018

2. files

OneDrive gets my vote on that. There is a OneDrive app fully supported on Apple as well as word/excel etc.

MarkInKent, Mar 11, 2018
  3. Albeeone Win User
    OneDrive files won't stay pinned to taskbar

If a pin an excel files that is saved in my OneDrive folder to the pinned excel files list in the taskbar, once I open that file it disappears from the pinned list. This only happens with files saved in the OneDrive folder. Any files saved in my documents
    remain pinned to the taskbar. How can I get the OneDrive files to stay pinned? They stayed pinned before but just started disappearing this last week.

Albeeone, Mar 11, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Excel and OneDrive

Turn AutoSave off (top left corner), screenshot from Excel 2016:

Excel and OneDrive [​IMG]

Excel will now prompt to save or discard changes, also for files on OneDrive.

5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you, Kari.

That was exactly what I was looking for.

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Excel and OneDrive

1. Excel and OneDrive - Similar Threads - Excel OneDrive

2. msointl.dll with Word and Excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    msointl.dll with Word and Excel: I've tried to resolve this issue and it's not working I also tried Microsoft solution and it didn't work either. Any way to fix this? This is Office 2010. Thank you [img] [img] 139067
  3. What would be the commands for running Word and Excel?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What would be the commands for running Word and Excel?: Because with troubleshooting and I had to kill off Windows Explorer, that I would be needing the Word app then, so what would be the command I have to key-in the task manager? Also with Excel? TIA....
  4. Can Word and Excel be opened while in safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can Word and Excel be opened while in safe mode?: So I couldn’t use it then while in safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-word-and-excel-be-opened-while-in-safe-mode/04693d51-91dd-4618-b88a-214f54f94f85
  5. Converting Excel Data to Powershell Script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting Excel Data to Powershell Script: How would I go about converting Excel Data to Powershell Script? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/converting-excel-data-to-powershell-script/5c4fc5ae-3d65-4f9e-aef3-f6daad5910de"
  6. Excel problems due to 1903 Windows 10 recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Excel problems due to 1903 Windows 10 recent update: I can no longer add a comment to a cell in Excel, unless I use hot keys. The right-click menu has changed, eliminating the option to add a comment. When will it be fixed? What else might be wrong that I just haven't found yet?...
  7. Excelling at failing Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excelling at failing Excel: First off, I’m an Excel idiot. I use Word exclusively, and only use Excel when it’s someone else’s document and I don’t have a choice. Now would be one of those times. I do want to learn, but right now, I’m an idiot. At work, there’s an Excel spreadsheet that freezes when...
  8. PDF Excel and other office files showing file type as Folder and not opening with Office tools

PDF Excel and other office files showing file type as Folder and not opening with Office tools: Can anyone help me to open these files with their respective file extensions? Pdf with adobe reader, excel extension with Excel etc.? All of these files seem to be corrupted. The icons of all these documents are changed to the folder icon and when looked into properties,...
  9. Excel macro stopped working after upgrading to v.1903

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel macro stopped working after upgrading to v.1903: I hate this kinda stuff. My desktop was working fine. So I gave in and installed the update v.1903 and now all I have to do is fix problems *Sad (Teaches you something about those updates, doesn't it?) So I have this Excel file that has my own signed macros in it. It used to...
  10. Excel file is not auto-syncing on OneDrive

Excel file is not auto-syncing on OneDrive: I have an Excel file I always use to track my budget. It used to always auto-sync with OneDrive, but now it won't. I have to save it manually every time. Does anyone know a fix? Office Professional Plus 2016 Windows 10 Home OneDrive version 2018...