Windows 10: Excel change default comment font weight

Discus and support Excel change default comment font weight in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Excel 2010 the default comment font has been bold for me for as long as I can remember (even in a fresh install in Win 10). In this post Title Bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Orerockon, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Orerockon Win User

Excel change default comment font weight

In Excel 2010 the default comment font has been bold for me for as long as I can remember (even in a fresh install in Win 10). In this post Title Bar Text Size - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums The common fix of changing the tooltip font works for the font size but not the font weight. I have used Kutools to change all comments to regular weight in the past but it's unstable in Win 10 and causes problems with other software. I know that I can type a character, hit ctrl-B and get the next character to regular weight but then I have to go back and delete the first character. Hitting ctrl-b immediately doesn't work. Obviously this is clunky and time wasting. Using Kutools tools in the past it changes the font weight for the entire comment, including the bold commentor name. I want it to function like I see in any example I can find, which always was the commentor name in bold and the rest of the comment regular weight. As far as I remember that was the case in every version of Excel I used before 2010.

:)

Orerockon, Nov 8, 2015
  2. au777fait Win User

Background and Window Settings (Windows 10)

This what I am looking for: to change default font of comment box in Excel what moron took this out? by design

au777fait, Nov 8, 2015
  3. graye Win User
    Recover deleted favorites in Edge

My web pages don't set the font at all... allowing the browser to choose what font to use. For IE, I typically use Verdana... but unfortunately Edge doesn't have a convenient feature for changing the default font.

graye, Nov 8, 2015
Thema:

Excel change default comment font weight

1. Excel change default comment font weight - Similar Threads - Excel change default

2. Win10 default font: Can we adjust the weight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 default font: Can we adjust the weight?: I searched online and found nothing.I searched Microsoft's Help and found nothing.Is this impossible? It seems really thin. Especially on a white background. I'd just like to increase the weight of the font a little. It seems in Settings its a really stripped down version of...
  3. Win10 default font: Can we adjust the weight?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 default font: Can we adjust the weight?: I searched online and found nothing.I searched Microsoft's Help and found nothing.Is this impossible? It seems really thin. Especially on a white background. I'd just like to increase the weight of the font a little. It seems in Settings its a really stripped down version of...
  4. Win10 default font: Can we adjust the weight?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Changing default font

Changing default font: Hello: Just want to understand why Windows 10 lacks a basic, simple function to select a different default system font. I see recommendations from Microsoft to use third party procedures and use regedit? Is this really the Microsoft recommended way? After performing a...
  6. Changing Font Size and Weight in Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Changing Font Size and Weight in Outlook 365: Is there any way to increase the font size and weight of Outlook 365's Folder Pane and Reading pane? I would like to increase the size by one or two units. Thank you. 154405
  7. Change default fonts

Change default fonts: Windows 10 Pro 1903 I want to change all my default fonts to Segoe Bold, size 11 I can most of it with Winaero Tweaker, but not the system font. The font substitute category of the registry doesn't have Segoe. I found a site that explained how to to add Segoe to the font...
  8. Change of default fonts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change of default fonts: Does anyone know how to fix this font issue? Did a registry edit, tried restoring to default and no luck. Please help. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-default-fonts/1b611ef6-f34b-4971-acb6-603be0572999
  9. Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs: For example, when I download Lato, it comes with Lato Regular, Lato Bold, Lato Italics, etc. After I install them and open Microsoft Word, Lato appears as Lato Regular, Lato Bold, Lato, Italics, etc. Is it possible for the font to just appear at Lato in Microsoft's font...
  10. Changing default font

Changing default font: It seems the default font on this WIndows is Arial and it's really ugly, especially when reading an entire page in Chrome or in any other browser. Tried to change the font in all browsers- no result. It can change only the size- Arial still there. It bugs me that it's...