Windows 10: Excel Conditional formatting question.

Discus and support Excel Conditional formatting question. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; If I wanted to make a conditional formatting rule that would select all cells in a column [I2-I65] with a formula generated value less than 0.9 and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by FuturDreamz, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Excel Conditional formatting question.

If I wanted to make a conditional formatting rule that would select all cells in a column [I2-I65] with a formula generated value less than 0.9 and greater than 1.1, ignoring all empty cells, what formula would I use?

Thanks.

:)

FuturDreamz, Apr 27, 2017
  2. EdHans Win User

Excel Mobile macros

No. The engine to process VBA would be huge and the device would need a totally different version of Excel to handle it. The only thing Excel on WP shares with Excel on the desktop is a common file format and some basic functionality. Other than that,
    totally different. The mobile version is missing pivot tables, tables, advanced graphing, drawing layer, conditional formatting, macros, a few dozen functions, etc.

You get the idea. Even if the code would run, I doubt it would get 5 lines in before it hit an object missing in Excel for WP7.

It is really meant to be a viewer with light editing capabilities.

EdHans, Apr 27, 2017
  3. Some Excel formulas and conditional formating is not working on my Black Jack II

Thanks Tim. All of the formula's I have used are not as long .... that might be a reason for the issue (although I think the fact that it is ignoring conditional formatting is telling us something).

Seriously, consider DataViz. It is pretty powerful....

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 27, 2017
Thema:

Excel Conditional formatting question.

1. Excel Conditional formatting question. - Similar Threads - Excel Conditional formatting

2. Conditional formatting problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conditional formatting problem: I need conditional formatting to compare 2 lists of numbers with the goal of formatting numbers not in the second list. The first list has 300 numbers; the second list has 2000 numbers. Here is a formula I've tried unsuccessfully. It formats all 300 numbers in the first list...
  3. Conditional formatting problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Conditional formatting problem: I need conditional formatting to compare 2 lists of numbers with the goal of formatting numbers not in the second list. The first list has 300 numbers; the second list has 2000 numbers. Here is a formula I've tried unsuccessfully. It formats all 300 numbers in the first list...
  4. Conditional Formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conditional Formatting: Hello!I am trying to use excel to highlight a revised ship date. I have a column of estimated ship dates and revised ship dates. The estimated ship dates can range from any date in the week ie 5/16, 5/17 etc The revised ship date is changed manually. How can I format excel so...
  5. Conditional Formatting

Conditional Formatting: Hello!I am trying to use excel to highlight a revised ship date. I have a column of estimated ship dates and revised ship dates. The estimated ship dates can range from any date in the week ie 5/16, 5/17 etc The revised ship date is changed manually. How can I format excel so...
  6. Excel question

Excel question: I am grouping people into categories, and want to show the percentage in each catgeory. I'd like the percentage to adjust as I move people into categories. I have targets for each category. Am I able to do this in Excel?...
  7. Conditional format not automatically updating - Follow on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Conditional format not automatically updating - Follow on: I previously asked this question but all answers proved unsuccessful. I can now post the solution, in case it helps anyone. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conditional-format-not-automatically-updating/4de58717-6479-4428-b511-f996396fa3db
  8. Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel 365 - Conditional Formatting - disappearing Text / Lines.: Just purchased office 365. Had 2007/2013 previous and no problems with the following; Conditional formatting - for turning text on / off and or lines on/off - based on conditions. If I scroll the mouse / display up or down or open and close a column or choose a drop down;...
  9. Conditional formating

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Conditional formating: Hi all ,,,,again. I am using excel 2016 and have two rows of data thus,, WLWLWWLLLWL 76897665949 What I want is if the top cell is an L and the cell immediately below it is more than 8, how do I do it to change the top cell to a red fill?. PLease. Len 125425
  10. excel conditional formating

in Microsoft Office and 365
    excel conditional formating: Hi to all,,, I am using excel 2016 and I have a 2 rows of data of which the top row consists of W or L and the row underneath consists of numbers that can be a number from 1 to 8. If the top cell is an L and the cell below is >6 I want the selected cell to be formatted with a...