Windows 10: Excel crashes after update

Discus and support Excel crashes after update in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, My PC recently did an automatic update or something similar and now Excel crashes suddenly if I edit certain cells on spreadsheets. I have tried... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Muzz69, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Muzz69 Win User

Excel crashes after update

Hi,

My PC recently did an automatic update or something similar and now Excel crashes suddenly if I edit certain cells on spreadsheets. I have tried creating new spreadsheets thinking maybe the old ones were corrupted but same thing. I feel its related to the update.
    This brings me to the next query. Windows 10 sometimes does a "reset" - for example i have I have edited the registry to remove the shortcut arrows on desktop icons. After it does this "reset" they return. Also the Windows 10 packaged software I removed (eg Xbox, Groove music) returns aswell. Any idea how to stop this?

Thanks

:)

Muzz69, Jun 1, 2018
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Windows explorer issues with preview pane and excel

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to troubleshoot crashing issues with Excel on this
    article.

Kindly update us on the result.

Marby Rey, Jun 12, 2018
  3. windows 10 upgrade is crashing office 2013 - word/excel

That worked for Word but not Excel. Excel did not have any add ins active. It will open fine in safe mode tho but as soon as i open a new spreadsheet in normal mode it crashes, any other suggestions?

Troy Cooksey, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Excel crashes after update

1. Excel crashes after update - Similar Threads - Excel crashes update

2. crash after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    crash after last update: Hello, I allowed Windows to update itself last Saturday but since my PC does not start: black page with circle in dash points turning, turning... Is it possible to create a boot usb key and reach system to allow starting with last conform update? Thanks for return...
  3. after last update no excel files will open

after last update no excel files will open: get the following error - [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/after-last-update-no-excel-files-will-open/5bbdb225-def5-4c59-95c9-f92bb5d66e6a
  4. Excel crash after update

Excel crash after update: After last updates the Excel crashes when try to edit cells. Now there is Win 10 Mobile version 1709, OS build 10.0.16352.50016 and Excel 16002.10717.20001.0...
  5. crash after recent update

crash after recent update: after the update my laptop now loads to a blank desktop and cant operate anything , and have the error message : location is not available , c:windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable . etc please see pictures attached , this has been going on for a while...
  6. crash after recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    crash after recent update: after the update my laptop now loads to a blank desktop and cant operate anything , and have the error message : location is not available , c:windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable . etc please see pictures attached , this has been going on for a while...
  7. Windows10 crashing after update

Windows10 crashing after update: I bought win10 last August when I finally accepted XP was not that usefull. But. I have had to re-install Win10 like 4 times this far. It fights with my graphics card. I really don't care what your problem is with NVIDIA, but if I pay for the 10, I want the operating system...
  8. Windows 10 Update 1803 Crashes Excel 2002

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 Update 1803 Crashes Excel 2002: Hello, So frustrated here after Windows 10 Update to version 1803. I have two computers running first thing I noticed was I could not modify or change excel files. I'm using Office XP 2002. The other computer crashed completely will get to that later. So I turned on "update...
  9. Excel 2002/3 crashes when typing/pasting after Windows 10 1803 update

Excel 2002/3 crashes when typing/pasting after Windows 10 1803 update: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4e9d8a7?auth=1 110289
  10. Latest update crashes Office (Excel) files.

Latest update crashes Office (Excel) files.: Hi, This morning I realised Win 10 updated itself overnight. In doing so it has caused serious problems with my old trustworthy Office XP. I can't open any files or enter any data as all files crash. I have uninstalled and re-installed (with restarts) twice but it doesn't fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel crash after update 1903

2. excel crashes after windows update

3. excel 365 problems after last update

4. excel crashing after update,
  5. excel crash after win update,
  6. 15254.527 august update word excel unable to open