Windows 10: Excel Issues - Mainly Freezing

Discus and support Excel Issues - Mainly Freezing in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Just installed Windows 10 a few days ago. Several times when using Excel (I have Excel 2010) I'll do something very simple - like try to Bold or... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by kallen12, Oct 4, 2015.

1. kallen12 Win User

Excel Issues - Mainly Freezing

Just installed Windows 10 a few days ago. Several times when using Excel (I have Excel 2010) I'll do something very simple - like try to Bold or Underline some text, and it freezes on me. I let it run for awhile to see if it fixes the issue but hasn't yet. I have to use task mgr to kill it and start again and if I didn't save changes in the meantime I lose all my work. Very annoying.

I've also had Word be a little wonky on me - not as bad but similar issues.

Is anyone else running into this? Any fixes out there?

:)

kallen12, Oct 4, 2015

2. How do I ensure I have the latest updates of Windows 10. The performance of my Lenova yoga g500 is erratic and slow

Key board freezes; excel freezes, sometimes very slow

Gabriel Meenehan, Oct 4, 2015
  3. Excel editing or Microsoft signing in pasword usage???

I am having problem's daily using various Microsoft products mainly Excel, I am always having a problem when signing in or when

I try work or editing on Windows Excel??? Please Help

Regards

M.J

Marcus.j#nxtlevelclothing., Oct 4, 2015
  4. Excel Issues - Mainly Freezing

Hi have you thought about upgrading to Office 2016 and Office 365 both good.
    Now the only ones I use.
    Used to use Open office because my printer had trouble with all the other offices.
    You might find it will cure your problem
    Did it do that before you upgraded to 10

hTconeM9user, Oct 5, 2015
  5. kallen12 Win User
    The Excel issues only began after the switch to Windows 10 - no issues before that at all. I have not considered upgrading my Office Suite - I don't do anything fancy with Excel, Word, Outlook - they work fine for me. So to spend $$ to pay MS to upgrade to fix an issue caused by MS would not be a good fix for me.

kallen12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Excel Issues - Mainly Freezing

1. Excel Issues - Mainly Freezing - Similar Threads - Excel Issues Mainly

2. Excel 2016 freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel 2016 freezes: Is there a reason, why Excel 2016 freezes when running under Windows 10? IT appears immediately after the start / restart of the system.Ictried a new User Profile, with No results.***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  3. Excel 2016 freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel 2016 freezes: Is there a reason, why Excel 2016 freezes when running under Windows 10? IT appears immediately after the start / restart of the system.Ictried a new User Profile, with No results.***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  4. Excel 2016 freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Excel issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Excel issue: If i have the same text in cells A1,A2,A3 and different texts in cells B1,B2,B3 ,how can i merge the texts under column B in the same cell B1 to just keep cells A1 and B1 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-issue/1939d5ab-2fc9-430b-aa8f-14e00c153138
  6. Excel issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel issue: If i have the same text in cells A1,A2,A3 and different texts in cells B1,B2,B3 ,how can i merge the texts under column B in the same cell B1 to just keep cells A1 and B1 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-issue/1939d5ab-2fc9-430b-aa8f-14e00c153138
  7. Excel issue

8. Excel and pdf freezes, hang.

Excel and pdf freezes, hang.: Whenever I connect to the Wi-Fi home or other place internet, my Excel & Word usually freeze for a long time. its buffering means keep going round and round. but the main thing is when i connect to the my office LAN its working smoothly, nothing is happen. same thing is...
  9. Excel Is Constantly Freezing?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Is Constantly Freezing?: Hey all, I'm having an issue, ever since I installed Windows 10(upgraded, then did a clean install), I've been having issues with Excel. I have Office 2013 and everytime I open an excel document, then close it when I'm done, it freezes. Only happens on excel though,...
  10. Main monitor desktop freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Main monitor desktop freeze: Hello! Lately I've encountered this strange bug and I'm not sure where it's from. Sometimes, just after booting, the main screen desktop will fail to become interactable. None of the icons are clickable, it is impossible to open a right-click menu and the taskbar is...