Windows 10: Excel not opennig xls files quickly while Corel Photo-Paint is running

Discus and support Excel not opennig xls files quickly while Corel Photo-Paint is running in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Whenever I have Corel Photo Paint X8 running, Microsoft Excel 2016 takes a very long time to open when I double click on an xls file; but it will open... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Linus, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Linus Win User

Excel not opennig xls files quickly while Corel Photo-Paint is running

Whenever I have Corel Photo Paint X8 running, Microsoft Excel 2016 takes a very long time to open when I double click on an xls file; but it will open eventually. If I close Corel Photo Paint while waiting, Excel opens immediately. This does not apply for xlsx files (as opposed to xls). When Excel is already running, xls files are also openned immediately.

I made this video demonstrating the behaviour.

[youtube]wnCoADm7i7k[/youtube]

I already tried reinstalling both Corel Draw Graphics Suite and Office 2016 to no avail.
    The Windows task manager shows me that Excel is in fact not running until I see its green splash screen.
    Any ideas how to get to the bottom of this? Thanks!

:)

Linus, Feb 26, 2017

2. Problem opening picture files after editing.

Another reason why its not opening in Photos is the file format it is saved in. Photos would not be able to natively open a Corel PhotoPaint file or Photo file for example. I remember when I used Photo Paint many years ago, it actually saved to its own
    directory folder. I'm wondering it is doing the same on your system while leaving the unedited file.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 26, 2017
  3. StevenGL Win User
    Open with... won't save an image to disk?

I'll open an Image in Explorer - right click - open with...
    (I choose) Corel Photo-paint to edit - If I save as... It goes through the motions and then when I look for it the file doesn't exist? Even the open Resent
    actually lists the file I saved but It doesn't find it?

For those who own Corel this is the X5 ver. X8 is out now.

For me the work around is first opening Photo-paint and then open the image and do a save as and this works fine?!

I guess the question is this a bug with windows 10 or Corel X5 and does anyone else have this issue?

StevenGL, Feb 26, 2017
  4. Linus Win User

This issue is apparently known to Corel. I now got the response from their support:

"Currently, the only workaround I can offer is to have Excel opened before you start to work in Photo-Paint X8."

Let's wait if this is fixed with a future version...

Linus, Mar 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Excel not opennig xls files quickly while Corel Photo-Paint is running - Similar Threads - Excel opennig xls

2. Safety Quick scan shows 4 files infected while running,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safety Quick scan shows 4 files infected while running,: Safety Scan detects 4 infected files while running, then when the scan is completed there is a message that no viruses, spyware or other potentially unwanted software was detected. How can I remove the troyan viruses? Thanks....
  3. Safety Quick scan shows 4 files infected while running,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safety Quick scan shows 4 files infected while running,: Safety Scan detects 4 infected files while running, then when the scan is completed there is a message that no viruses, spyware or other potentially unwanted software was detected. How can I remove the troyan viruses? Thanks....
  4. Print screen button & clipboard in Corel Photo-Paint 7 for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Print screen button & clipboard in Corel Photo-Paint 7 for Windows 10?: On my old HP PC (Windows 7), I can't remember how, but somehow I was able to get my PC to regularly use the "Print Screen" button on my keyboard to take a screenshot that I could then open on the clipboard in Corel Photo-Paint 7. But now, on my new Dell PC (Windows 10),...
  5. xls files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    xls files: Good Day I am working from home so I transferred all documenttion from my Work Computer to a Usb but when I try to open it shows as a xls file and not exe. I eventually got it open from my Computer but when I email the documents they can't open it Please assist urgently...
  6. Win-10 FILE EXPLORER opens Excel .xls files but now, suddenly and uniquely, fails to open...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win-10 FILE EXPLORER opens Excel .xls files but now, suddenly and uniquely, fails to open...: Hello all For the last 3 months my new Win-10 FILE EXPLORER has opened both Excel.xls and Excel.xlsm files without a hitch. Suddenly, several days ago, the FILE EXPLORER stopped opening Excel.xlsm files while, surprisingly, continuing to open Excel.xls files. The FILE...
  7. Corel Paint Shop Pro XI not run properly

Corel Paint Shop Pro XI not run properly: I have been running Corel Paint Shop Pro XI on my Win 7 Pro 64 machine. I bought 2 laptops with Win 10. One has Pro and one is the home edition. I can not get the Corel program to install properly, and that means it will not run properly. It appears to get to the point of...
  8. Corel Paint Shop Pro XI

in Windows 10 Support
    Corel Paint Shop Pro XI: I have been running Corel Paint Shop Pro XI on my Win 7 Pro 64 machine. I bought 2 laptops with Win 10. One has Pro and one is the home edition. I can not get the Corel program to install properly, and that means it will not run properly. It appears to get to the point of...
  9. XLS Converter

XLS Converter: We have migrated to Office 365. One problem is that the online office will not open .xls files. Many of our vendors still use it. I need a way to convert them to .xlsx so O365 can open them. We don't want to use an online service because we are worried about data mining...
  10. How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files: I know how I'm supposed to do it, SETTINGS==>DEFAULT APPS==>CHOOSE THE DEFAULT APP BY FILE TYPE, but Excel 2016 is not an option. Instead, it tries to send me to the App Store. I think I have tried everything except reinstalling Office. 63196