Windows 10: Excel not working with language packs

Discus and support Excel not working with language packs in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; A bit of a weird one this, but I've found that Excel 2010 (pre-Windows 10 upgrade installation) doesn't work properly with anything other than English... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by threepymeepy, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Excel not working with language packs

A bit of a weird one this, but I've found that Excel 2010 (pre-Windows 10 upgrade installation) doesn't work properly with anything other than English set as the default language. The way in which it doesn't work is even different depending on the language!

With English as the default language: Excel works fine.
    If I set the default language to German: it crashes every time I try to print.
    If I set the default language to Welsh: bold, italic and underline commands (whether from the keyboard or task bar) do nothing at all and changing a cell's colour gives it a completely different colour to the one selected.

These issues are consistent with each language setting following restarts and logging out and back in again.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

:)

threepymeepy, Aug 26, 2015

2. Regional Language usage in Edge

My google input tool for typing regional language is not working in Edge. It is working fine with Word and Excell. I have already added the language pack in setting but i still have this issue. I could see that in the community page with the similar issues
    without any solution. Please let us know the solution for this.

KiruthikaSridhar, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Many built-in Windows apps broken, Add-AppxPackage fails with error 0x80073CF6 because of missing language-specific manifest files

This is excellent. I don't have any language packs installed but I do have a Surface Dock so I switch display scaling based on whether I'm docked / not docked.

Jason.Clishe, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Excel not working with language packs

1. Excel not working with language packs - Similar Threads - Excel working language

2. Language Packs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Packs: Unable to install German on win 11. Two different computers one laptop and one desktop Intel I5 and Intel I7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-packs/4b07fcc2-9ed7-43c2-98ef-2533392b4cf0
  3. Language Packs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Packs: Unable to install German on win 11. Two different computers one laptop and one desktop Intel I5 and Intel I7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-packs/4b07fcc2-9ed7-43c2-98ef-2533392b4cf0
  4. Language Pack

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Language Pack: I want to get a language pack from Microsoft Store for additional display language. But for some reason when I want to click get, it does not respond. Usually it went to settings to download but I don't know....
  5. language pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    language pack: I have windows 10. May I install a language pack on my surface pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-pack/945ee503-78f7-4163-974e-c7e10998bd74
  6. Language pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language pack: I have the Polish language pack installed and set Polish as default proofreading language, but each time I want to wrote an e-mail I receive the message that text in Polish is not checked and that I can install the language pack. The proofreading tools work fine on all office...
  7. Language packs.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language packs.: So few days ago my pc started automatic repair loop and i tried a lot of things but it didn't work so i took it to the shop and they fixed it and installed windows but problem is that as i speak croatian they put croatian pack but i want english pack and i just want croatian...
  8. Language packs.

Language packs.: Hello, so as I had problems with my pc i posted question on answers.microsoft and i got help but nothing worked so i took it to the shop. They fixed it but now I have question. As Croatian is language that I speak I more like that things on my devices phone,pc,etc. are on...
  9. language pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    language pack: My software is licensed in Mexico only. How can I download an English language pack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-pack/dc5753af-de23-411c-a1bc-8e0c8cb34081
  10. Language Packs

Language Packs: Hello I have United States English and Persian installed on my device. But Australian English keeps showing up in my language pane, while when I go to the language settings it is not there and I have to push alt+shift twice to switch between languages. I'll have to choose...