Windows 10: Excel Opens Two Files With One Blank

Discus and support Excel Opens Two Files With One Blank in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I can't seem to catch a break since buying a new computer with Windows 10 and UltraHD. I've noticed that every time I open an Excel file, it not only... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by goreds12, Dec 20, 2015.

1. goreds12 Win User

Excel Opens Two Files With One Blank

I can't seem to catch a break since buying a new computer with Windows 10 and UltraHD. I've noticed that every time I open an Excel file, it not only opens that file, but it also opens a blank workbook as well. This has never happened to me on any previous computer or previous version of Excel and googling the issue has been futile thus far.

To be clear, I'm totally fine with Excel opening a blank workbook if I just click on the Excel shortcut on my taskbar, but I do NOT want Excel to open up a blank workbook when let's say I'm opening up a separate spreadsheet for a financial model.

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

goreds12, Dec 20, 2015

2. Opening Recent files from the taskbar

I am now finding that I cannot open a excel file from the Desktop. It opens Excel but with a blank sheet.

itsfridayFL, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Opening Recent files from the taskbar

I am now finding that I cannot open a excel file from the Desktop. It opens Excel but with a blank sheet.

itsfridayFL, Dec 20, 2015
  4. goreds12 Win User

By the way, I've heard some people mention that the preview pane is an issue (https://community.spiceworks.com/top...e-blank?page=3), but mine isn't even on. Also my C:\Users\mflat\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART is blank with nothing in it (that was another suggestion to delete a file within that folder).
    Oddly enough, this does not happen with other office products such as Word or PPT.

Oddly enough, this does not happen with other office products such as Word or PPT.Oddly enough, this does not happen with other office products such as Word or PPT.

goreds12, Dec 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Excel Opens Two Files With One Blank - Similar Threads - Excel Opens Files

2. Double clicking excel file open a blank grey screen in desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double clicking excel file open a blank grey screen in desktop: I got grey blank screen when I double click to open an excel file created and saved on my desktop and also an excel file from other source e.g. from a colleague stored in an USB...
  3. Double clicking excel file open a blank grey screen in desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double clicking excel file open a blank grey screen in desktop: I got grey blank screen when I double click to open an excel file created and saved on my desktop and also an excel file from other source e.g. from a colleague stored in an USB...
  4. Double clicking excel file open a blank grey screen in desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to have an Excel file always in one monitor but have new Excel files open in another...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to have an Excel file always in one monitor but have new Excel files open in another...: Hello,I have just set up a dual monitor system but I'm having trouble achieving what I want.I want to be able to keep one Excel spreadsheet open in a second monitor all day, because I am constantly referring to it. However, while I'm working in my first monitor, when I open a...
  6. How to open two Excel files in separate windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to open two Excel files in separate windows: [IMG]Microsoft Excel is Office Suite’s database management tool wherein you can record data in its rows and columns and perform a myriad of analysis on it. If you’re someone who relies very heavily on Excel, for either your personal or professional use, you may feel the need...
  7. Excel file will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel file will not open: Hi, I tried to save me excel file but it seems it was saved in another format and now I can't open it in excel. When I try to open it, a window pops up saying "how do you want to open this file?". Excel is not one of the options...
  8. Opening Excel in two virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Excel in two virtual desktops: Sorry if I'm a bit off with the terminology but am I right in thinking that it is not possible to have excel or any other app active in two different virtual desktops at the same time. I've just tried to do this and found at least by default it cannot happen. Is this normal...
  9. Opening a new Document, I get two Blank Documents instead of one

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening a new Document, I get two Blank Documents instead of one: Clicking on Start and then on the Windows Document square, I get two blank documents instead of one. It just recently began to do this. I might have inadvertently caused this. What can I do so that I just get one black document? 147111
  10. Excel spreadsheets open blank.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel spreadsheets open blank.: Recently my Excel programs began to open with a blank Excel screen. I can go to Open in the blank sheet and open the spreadsheet from there. This happening on my Dell Latitude E5500 Laptop. This has been working fine for years. My PC is opening my Excel spreadsheets...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel opens two windows one blank

2. excel opens two files with one blank