Windows 10: Excel password protected files saved in Windows 7 won't work after upgrade to Windows 10.

Discus and support Excel password protected files saved in Windows 7 won't work after upgrade to Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When Opening excel password protected files saved under win 7 with win 10 as the administrator: You do not have permission to open this file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeFluharty, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Excel password protected files saved in Windows 7 won't work after upgrade to Windows 10.

When Opening excel password protected files saved under win 7 with win 10 as the administrator:

You do not have permission to open this file.

Contact the file owner or administrator to obtain permission.

Copy file as administrator:

file access denied

you'll need to provide administrator permission to copy.

:)

JoeFluharty, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 9, 2018
  3. ms. excel bug? file that protect by password become unprotected file?

i have ms. excel 2010 document that protected by password, when i send it through e-mail the file become unprotected file, in other name the pass is gone
    is it the bug or i just missed something on that

micropage7, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Excel password protected files saved in Windows 7 won't work after upgrade to Windows 10.

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Excel password protected files saved in Windows 7 won't work after upgrade to Windows 10.

1. Excel password protected files saved in Windows 7 won't work after upgrade to Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Excel password protected

2. Password protected PDF and Excel files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password protected PDF and Excel files: When i try to open a pdf file or excel file its saying password protect, please type in password. I can't remember what it was* Changed to a question* Original title: password protect...
  3. Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password: We use Windows 11 on our desktops. Our office switched to 365 a few months ago. Ever since then, we cannot save an Excel workbook using the password while all other users are in read only. No other staff has the password. The error message just says "Document Not Saved." I am...
  4. Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password: We use Windows 11 on our desktops. Our office switched to 365 a few months ago. Ever since then, we cannot save an Excel workbook using the password while all other users are in read only. No other staff has the password. The error message just says "Document Not Saved." I am...
  5. After failed Windows 7 to 10 upgrade my password doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After failed Windows 7 to 10 upgrade my password doesnt work: Hey...i tried really everything.I tried to upgrade my pc from windows 7 to 10, but after first reboot and selecting keyboard lang in win 10 design already it failed two times. I got the win 10 repair and troubleshooting page and after restart there was win 7 again. After my...
  6. After failed Windows 7 to 10 upgrade my password doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After failed Windows 7 to 10 upgrade my password doesnt work: Hey...i tried really everything.I tried to upgrade my pc from windows 7 to 10, but after first reboot and selecting keyboard lang in win 10 design already it failed two times. I got the win 10 repair and troubleshooting page and after restart there was win 7 again. After my...
  7. Windows won't accept password after upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't accept password after upgrade to 10: My hard drive crashed after the latest upgrade to 10 and it had to be replaced. When I try to log it wouldn't accept my password so I updated it. Now I get this " We'll need your current password one last time and it tells me it is incorrect. Although, it accepted it on this...
  8. window 10 excel file save problems

window 10 excel file save problems: I am using window 10. My excel files are saved somewhere unknown place c:\users\Star\AppData\Local\packages\microsoft .windowscommunication…...Attachments. how can I find this file....
  9. Passwords won't save and/or won't work

Passwords won't save and/or won't work: On February 13, my google stored passwords and also passwords on my own no longer worked and/or were no longer saved. Does anyone know of a fix? Happy Valentine's Day to all....
  10. excel files won't save.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    excel files won't save.: I can open an excel file but when I save, it can't access the folder.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/excel-files-wont-save/cc2fe25e-6973-408c-a9f8-bd23118886e3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 to windows 10 excel password problem