Windows 10: Excel Preview

Discus and support Excel Preview in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me how to Save As? I don't see the option when I have edited a spreadsheet. 6756 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mccririck, Jun 4, 2015.

1. mccririck Win User

Excel Preview

Can anyone tell me how to Save As? I don't see the option when I have edited a spreadsheet.

:)

mccririck, Jun 4, 2015

2. File Explorer Crash when minimizing folder

Thanks xsdnide

It worked for me too. It is a shame as I like the preview pane. Just to expand, Microsoft excel has issues with the preview screen as well. The cursor changes to a cross in excel when in preview but then stays that way even when hovering on a word document
    for instance and will not control the word doc.

4mark5fraser6, Jun 4, 2015
  3. In Explorer, the preview pane will not display any files except photos.

I've turned preview pane on and off, but it continues to say that the preview is not available. Can't view word, excel, visio, etc.

Rigopearto, Jun 4, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Excel Preview

Click File at the top left and click Save as. HTH.

Excel Preview [​IMG]

brummyfan, Jun 4, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    Berton, Jun 4, 2015
  6. mccririck Win User
    There isnt a save as, but I found when you click save it allows you to change the file name.

mccririck, Jun 5, 2015
  7. Kari Win User
    I hope you realize that it only renames the file, the existing original file gets a new name. If you want the real "Save As" functionality, keep the original file with its original name and save a copy of it with another name, you need to select Save a copy of the file:

Excel Preview [​IMG]

Kari, Jun 5, 2015
  8. mccririck Win User

Excel Preview

Aha, didn't notice this, I was in a hurry. Luckily it hasn't caused a problem!

mccririck, Jun 5, 2015
  9. AlanWade Win User
    Office 2016 Preview has the 'Save As' option

Excel Preview [​IMG]

AlanWade, Jun 5, 2015
  10. Kari Win User
  11. mccririck Win User
    mccririck, Jun 6, 2015
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Same as mine -- I downloaded the trial from Ms -- not the Store.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Excel Preview

1. Excel Preview - Similar Threads - Excel Preview

2. My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...: My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel and word. I have tried many different methods and none have fixed this problem. I've tried the following:show preview pane under viewshow preview handlers under folder optionsalways show...
  3. My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...: My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel and word. I have tried many different methods and none have fixed this problem. I've tried the following:show preview pane under viewshow preview handlers under folder optionsalways show...
  4. windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.: In windows explorer my pdf files do not preview. Other files like word, excel, jpg do. Is there a solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-pdf-files-are-not-previewing-word/28c79efd-ad67-487a-8741-58dc6542c31b
  5. windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.

windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.: In windows explorer my pdf files do not preview. Other files like word, excel, jpg do. Is there a solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-pdf-files-are-not-previewing-word/28c79efd-ad67-487a-8741-58dc6542c31b
  6. I can no longer copy data from an Excel Preview pane in Win 11 Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer copy data from an Excel Preview pane in Win 11 Explorer.: I can no longer copy data from an Excel Preview pane in Win 11 Explorer. I can copy from a Word document preview. I've tried all the DISM commands and have tried an online repair of Office.In a Word Doc preview a right click gives a two options, Copy and Select All. This...
  7. I can no longer copy data from an Excel Preview pane in Win 11 Explorer.

I can no longer copy data from an Excel Preview pane in Win 11 Explorer.: I can no longer copy data from an Excel Preview pane in Win 11 Explorer. I can copy from a Word document preview. I've tried all the DISM commands and have tried an online repair of Office.In a Word Doc preview a right click gives a two options, Copy and Select All. This...
  8. Printing Preview in Excel not same as Orginal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Preview in Excel not same as Orginal: Trying to print a file from Excel and the Printing Preview doesn't look like the original File. Please advise. Change something in Excel or my printer? Image on Top is the preview in my printer and other image is the original file in Excel...
  9. Printing Preview in Excel not same as Orginal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Preview in Excel not same as Orginal: Trying to print a file from Excel and the Printing Preview doesn't look like the original File. Please advise. Change something in Excel or my printer? Image on Top is the preview in my printer and other image is the original file in Excel...
  10. Printing Preview in Excel not same as Orginal

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exel preview

2. no preview available exel 16 file in explorer in windows 10

3. windows phone preview excel