Windows 10: Excel ?

Discus and support Excel ? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm trying to learn how to setup a spreadsheet in Excel and need a little help. This is my first attempt at making a spreadsheet. In this example how... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Winuser, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Winuser Win User

Excel ?

I'm trying to learn how to setup a spreadsheet in Excel and need a little help. This is my first attempt at making a spreadsheet. In this example how do I setup this spreadsheet so that I can keep a running total of columns C,D and E in column F if I keep adding new lines. If I'm doing it wrong any suggestions are welcome.

Excel ? [​IMG]

:)

Winuser, Jan 29, 2016
  2. Bogler Win User

Ungroup, and NOT have similar icons next to each other on taskbar on this garbage windows 10 system

Does anyone know how to have multiple instances of Chrome (or whatever browser) and Excel, so they could go across the taskbar as:

Chrome, Excel, Chrome, Excel, etc., NOT chrome, chrome, chrome, excel, excel, excel? Such an annoying feature that they can't be separated, but such is the case with most of Windows 10. Newer, but worse.

Thanks.

Bogler, Jan 29, 2016
  3. tsuyosumo Win User
    Excel file type disappeared

Thanks for you reply.

1. Yes

2. I have Office 2016 and Excel 2016 installed on my computer.

3. When I open excel file (file type is older Excel version) which before open Excel, it guided me to open it with other App and there is no Excel 2016 as my option.

4. There is no problem when I open Excel file from a different computer.

When I open Excel, then open an excel file which saved as older version excel type, I need to save as Excel 2016 version, and it showed a normal Excel type.

Please help me to solve this issue. Thank you so much.

tsuyosumo, Jan 29, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Excel ?

Hi Winuser,

One suggestion, move the Total cell to the left so that it is beneath the Sub Total column. When you insert a new row (in your example you would be inserting at row 5) and then add your new numbers they will automatically be added in to the Total.

Cheers,
    Phil

philc43, Jan 29, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Oops, just checked. It is required to move the total to the left under the subtotal column. Also, the equation for the sum should be:

=sum(E2:E4)

The colon means sum everything from E2 to E4. When you add lines before the total line, the E4 should increase automatically to reflect the added lines.

NavyLCDR, Jan 29, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Thanks, I think I got it now. I'll play around with it some more and try different formulas so I can learn more about making spreadsheets.

Winuser, Jan 30, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    I've been playing around with my example spreadsheet and have it pretty much working the way I want. Thanks again for the help. I do have one more question though. Is there any way to have new entries auto fill? Right now I'm using copy and paste to enter new lines.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Excel ?

1. Excel ? - Similar Threads - Excel

2. Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010: My PC had to be reset today. After I noticed my Microsoft Word 2010, Excel 2010 & Powerpoint 2010 were gone. I do have my original receipt but not the original packaging. How can I reinstall these apps....
  3. Excel crashes when clicking on a external Hyperlink

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel crashes when clicking on a external Hyperlink: Hello - I have one computer on build 17763.475 version 1809, the rest are version 17763.437. On this particular computer whenever you click on an external hyperlink, excel closes. I have read several forums where it says to remove the "god-mode" folder, but I don't see...
  4. Excel cannot open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel cannot open files: I found in the last two to three days that XLSX files are not opening and i am getting the below mentioned message. Can you please help out Excel cannot open the file 'Salary working file Feb'19.xlsx' because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the...
  5. MSWord EXCell and Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSWord EXCell and Outlook: I Had the MSOffice on my PC but after MS Windows upgraded my system, I have to pay PER YEAR for them now. Where did they go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msword-excell-and-outlook/a71bbbd7-f38c-481e-8e82-22847f8990c2
  6. Microsoft Office App Virtualization Client Error 1068 Excel won't start on Win 10Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Office App Virtualization Client Error 1068 Excel won't start on Win 10Pro: First tried to Start the App Vis Client, and got Error: 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. Then got the 1068 error. Downloaded and installed the thing you recommended, OpenOffice, but don't know how to use it for this problem....
  7. Excel 2103 adding digits to column

Excel 2103 adding digits to column: Hi guys can I ask for a little advice please I have an excel 2013 spreadsheet formatted as a table I have attached a screenshot to explain better As you can see I have a rows of dates in the header row IE 12th 13th 14th and so on to the left of the yellow column but when I...
  8. Windows 10 automatic update 5/12 wiped out word and excell office instalations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 automatic update 5/12 wiped out word and excell office instalations: Windows 10 automatic update on 5/12/19 wiped out excel and word installations. Icons missing and it looks like it is running through the install procedure again. Lost chrome browser favorites...
  9. Unable to start Excel and Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to start Excel and Word: I have windows 10 and I have on my machine Office 2016. I have the icons for word, excel and one note on the task bar. One note will open with the usual double click on its icon however neither word nor excel will open without highlighting the icon and selecting open as...
  10. Excel 2016 Force Legacy Workbook Sharing or Ribbon button with Policy?

Excel 2016 Force Legacy Workbook Sharing or Ribbon button with Policy?: Hello all, I am trying to migrate a bunch of users to Office 2016. Upon doing this i noticed that the Share Workbook functionality in Excel 2016 has been replaced with co-authoring. We use the share workbook functionality for editing files with multiple users on a local...