Windows 10: Excess Partitions?

Discus and support Excess Partitions? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] Here's my partition breakdown after updating to 1709. Which ones can I (or should I) throw away? 98714 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tcebob, Nov 21, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

Excess Partitions?

Excess Partitions? [​IMG]

Here's my partition breakdown after updating to 1709. Which ones can I (or should I) throw away?

:)

tcebob, Nov 21, 2017
  2. RickHan Win User

Runtimebroker.exe high cpu

Worthless reply. You gave an answer for excess RAM usage. The question was about excessive CPU usage (which I also have).

RickHan, Nov 21, 2017
  3. asha 201 internet xpres error

I have just updated my phones internet xpress, know i cant excess it, it tells me that comflicting applications another java is currently running. I cnt excess y internet

Drlaw---01, Nov 21, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Excess Partitions?

The top 3 are empty so they can go both recovery are d: without more details on them it's hard to say if there current or old

Samuria, Nov 21, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    Very good. Apparently both recovery drives are the same drive, just listed twice. They don't take up much space so I'll leave them alone.

tcebob, Nov 22, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    The top three are shown as empty because (from what we can see) they are: partition 1: EFI, partitions 4 & 5: Recovery - Disk Management does not have sufficient permissions to list their contents so it says they are unused, it doesn't mean they are empty or not in use. Minitool Partition Wizard will tell another story....

Excess Partitions? [​IMG]

7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Correct.

Delete Disk 0 Partition 1 (the top partition), and the computer will stop booting because it is an EFI System Partition.

NavyLCDR, Nov 22, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

Excess Partitions?

Windows Disk Management does not show the whole picture, nor all partitions, those first three partitions are not empty.
    I would leave it alone as you have plenty of free space.

There seems to be a slight oddity of the two Recovery (D*Smile partitions, one of which is probably the manufacturers Recovery partition. The other maybe when you made a Recovery drive at some point.

Helmut, Nov 22, 2017
  9. Steve C Win User
    Use MiniTool Partition Wizard Free to peruse the contents of the partitions. I suspect the 460Mb & 960MB partitions are recovery partitions and that the 460MB one is an old partition which can be deleted - check the file dates before you delete and use reagentc /info to see which partition is configured for recovery. Don't delete the 260Mb partition. Please do a full system backup before you start fiddling about with partitions.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Excess Partitions?

1. Excess Partitions? - Similar Threads - Excess Partitions

2. Excessive RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excessive RAM usage: Why CMD.exe uses a lot of RAM of my laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excessive-ram-usage/dacef1e8-85fc-4bc5-b7da-eda5cde26715
  3. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  4. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...
  5. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. excessive partitions which can i delete?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    excessive partitions which can i delete?: [ATTACH] i have 1hhd which is flashdrive 0 and an ssd flashdrive 1 idk where all this partitions come from. i want to make a fresh install of windows on my SSD can i delete all of the excess partitions? or only a certain one? after deleting space should be free and i can...
  7. Excessive updates of KB2267602 Defender updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive updates of KB2267602 Defender updates.: Since the start of the year update KB2267602 Defender signature updates has installed over 25 versions rough count on my system. Yet it still updates several times each day nearly paralyzing my system and making it unusable.I understand the need for keeping the signatures...
  8. Excessive updates of KB2267602 Defender updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive updates of KB2267602 Defender updates.: Since the start of the year update KB2267602 Defender signature updates has installed over 25 versions rough count on my system. Yet it still updates several times each day nearly paralyzing my system and making it unusable.I understand the need for keeping the signatures...
  9. How to clean up excess partition on boot drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to clean up excess partition on boot drive?: Here's what disk management tells me: [img] How to merge the first and last partitions and free up the excess one? Yes I know it's "only" 0.5GB, but the OCD part of me wants to sort it out *Smile David 136550
  10. System Reserved Partition Seems Excessive

in Windows 10 Support
    System Reserved Partition Seems Excessive: Hi all, I just went from a 500GB SSD to a 1TB SSD. I migrated the Drive C from old to new SSD using the Samsung app. I have been puzzled by the relative lack of space on the resulting new SSD. Here are the results of checking with Win 10 Disk Management routine: Total SSD...