Windows 10: Excessive battery consumption while in Sleep mode

Discus and support Excessive battery consumption while in Sleep mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I placed my new SB with Performance Base (i7/1TB) in sleep mode for the first time, before it was always plugged, and noticed and excessive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brosenz, Jan 5, 2017.

1. brosenz Win User

Excessive battery consumption while in Sleep mode

Yesterday I placed my new SB with Performance Base (i7/1TB) in sleep mode for the first time, before it was always plugged, and noticed and excessive battery consumption, at the level of 10-20% per hour, with no applications running, no wifi and no notifications. Then I found "sleepstudy" so I run some test and reports and here are the results, as you can see the application PLM(5000): Microsoft.SurfaceHub_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App is consuming 100% of the CPU all the time, I have looked around in Google and I have not been able to find anything about, any hint on what this could be? How can I fix it?

Excessive battery consumption while in Sleep mode [​IMG]

:)

brosenz, Jan 5, 2017

2. Lumia 950 XL battery drain, running hot and bizarre storage problem

J_952 turn off mobile data and check whether it emits excess heat. If no, consequently battery consumption will be reasonable. If yes, turn on the phone without sim card.

P G Kirubakaran, Jan 5, 2017
  3. Branedy Win User
    No video handshake on boot, no video in media player on N900

That link was from a dmesg just after a boot, and I do see that the first line looks truncated. I'm not sure how to get more of the dmesg output.

As for the error, while the DSP might be at fault, I had suspected that the GPU was having problems and that the excessive battery consumption was due to the OMAP processor doing all the graphic work.

Branedy, Jan 5, 2017
  4. Excessive battery consumption while in Sleep mode

I searched What is PLM Phase on Microsoft Surface. Got a bunch of hits.

One article say it is part of Connected Standby. This is that state that really never shuts off so you can get all those important notifications.

Surface PRO 3 battery life report. | Page 10 | TabletPCReview.com - Tablet PC Reviews, Discussion and News

So likely the app you identified is likely checking in, a lot.

While an older thread this is may provide some help

Major battery drain during standby | Microsoft Surface Forums

Caledon Ken, Jan 7, 2017
Thema:

Excessive battery consumption while in Sleep mode

1. Excessive battery consumption while in Sleep mode - Similar Threads - Excessive battery consumption

2. Battery draining while in sleep mode Lid Closed windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery draining while in sleep mode Lid Closed windows 11: Technically either in sleep mode or with Lid Closed the system should be shut without any background activity but i have been facing this issue where even if i put the system to sleep mode or close the lid, the system still keeps running. the battery drains a lot and this is...
  3. Battery draining while in sleep mode Lid Closed windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery draining while in sleep mode Lid Closed windows 11: Technically either in sleep mode or with Lid Closed the system should be shut without any background activity but i have been facing this issue where even if i put the system to sleep mode or close the lid, the system still keeps running. the battery drains a lot and this is...
  4. Battery drainage while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drainage while on sleep mode.: My laptop's battery drains fast in sleep mode though its a newly bought laptop that has a good battery health. After putting the laptop into the sleep mode correctly the battery drains about 10% per hour. I tried almost all the techniques which were in google by disabling the...
  5. Battery drainage while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery drainage while on sleep mode.: My laptop's battery drains fast in sleep mode though its a newly bought laptop that has a good battery health. After putting the laptop into the sleep mode correctly the battery drains about 10% per hour. I tried almost all the techniques which were in google by disabling the...
  6. System Restore Excessive memory consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore Excessive memory consumption: I have a Dell laptop with 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Recently, I have found out that my C drive is getting filled without actually storing any files/programs on it. I went to storage sense and found that the system restore is consuming nearly half of my memory. Can I reduce the...
  7. Excessive battery drain during S0 sleep (modern standby)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive battery drain during S0 sleep (modern standby): For my Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Gen (Win 10 20H2 Build 19042.928) I have had issues using hibernation. About 30% of the time, the WiFi device will not work when resuming from hibernation. The device will not even appear in device manager. A reboot is required to make it appear and...
  8. Excessive Data consumption. Please Help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excessive Data consumption. Please Help!: I have Windows 10 Home Single Language. I have a limited data plan 1GB/day and whenever I turn my mobile hotspot on, my laptop eats away through the data very quickly. I tried all the normal fixes like turning off Onedrive and setting my connection as Metered but nothing...
  9. BATTERY excessive battery consumption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BATTERY excessive battery consumption: Hello, in first I am sorry for my bad english. In second, I installed w10 yesterday and today I notice an excessive battery consuption, because with the 100% battery charge and without usage, after 38 minutes the battery charge go down to 74% and I do not know why. In w8.1 I...
  10. Battery drains while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.: Hello, Since the win 10 upgrade i am facing issues with my laptop. Earlier when i used to put my Laptop sleep mode it doesn't used to wake up, so I used to power it off and restart it again, now that got fixed on itself somehow. and now new issue has come up, now my...