Windows 10: Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s)

Discus and support Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently purchased new a Lenovo Flex 3 1130 (80LY), 2 in 1 laptop. I'm aware it's a entry level machine and it's purpose is primarily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ebmm, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Ebmm Win User

Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s)

Hello all,
    I recently purchased new a Lenovo Flex 3 1130 (80LY), 2 in 1 laptop. I'm aware it's a entry level machine and it's purpose is primarily just for school. Definitly not going to run my server.....lol.

Everything is as expected with the machine except the CPU usage peaking at 100% every time a browser or new tab is opened. It freezes up the machine and a major pain in the a** until time is allowed for it to "calm down". Even on Pandora, assigning a thumbs up to a tune makes the audio choppy for a couple seconds.

It does this with Chrome, Firefox and Edge equally, (viewable in Task Manager). I've disabled any extra elements within all browsers and nothing unnecessary is running in the background (I always disable any "junk" from running on any of my machines).

I have another Lenovo with a slightly better processor that doesn't struggle at all. When I mean slightly better, I'm implying the difference vs the CPU usage, compared between the two machines, isn't even remotely close.

If this is the "nature of the beast" then it will get returned. Due to the pain in the a** of re-setup, I'd prefer that this one be adjusted, if able.

Any help/advice would be very welcomed.
    Thanks so much!!!!!

:)

2. RickHan Win User

Runtimebroker.exe high cpu

Worthless reply. You gave an answer for excess RAM usage. The question was about excessive CPU usage (which I also have).

RickHan, Dec 12, 2015
  3. excessive cpu usage

I see Google Chrome cpu usage also increases with Microsoft Solitaire.

DaveAlmond, Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s)

1. Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s) - Similar Threads - Excessive CPU Usage

2. Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  3. Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  4. Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer: While looking at my phone in front of the computer, an error came to the computer screen.I saw that it's about excessive GPU usage. But I was not using the laptop for 30-40 minutes and no programs were open that would tire my computer.I opened the task manager and suddenly...
  5. Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer: While looking at my phone in front of the computer, an error came to the computer screen.I saw that it's about excessive GPU usage. But I was not using the laptop for 30-40 minutes and no programs were open that would tire my computer.I opened the task manager and suddenly...
  6. Excessively High CPU Usage Possible Infection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Excessively High CPU Usage Possible Infection: Hello, I have recently been dealing with excessively high CPU usage for the past few weeks. I could not find what was causing it until I opened up Performance Monitor, showing me that the responsible .exes were SearchApp.exe, LockApp.exe, ShellExperienceHost.exe,...
  7. Excessive CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive CPU Usage: I have a hard time running programs because its always lagging. Even if I run a single tab. Even if I run a single program. And even when it's idle on the desktop screen with no running programs. It always seems to use like near 50% of CPU then goes to 100%. I always kill...
  8. Connected Devices Platform: Excessive CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connected Devices Platform: Excessive CPU Usage: According to my machine's task manager, SERVICE HOST: CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE is consuming about 40% to 50% CPU usage. (Don't know if I stated that correctly.) Anyway, this is causing the fan on my tower to run very high and constantly. As far as I know,...
  9. Windows explorer excessive CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer excessive CPU usage: My machine is WIN10, ran WPR on a clean boot, started recording right after cpu usage jumped. WPR log I appreciate any ideas anyone can offer....
  10. WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage: I'd report the activity to Yahoo and let them deal with it. You could try the No Coin extension just to see if a miner has infiltrated Yahoo. You might also disable Flash on Yahoo.com and do not allow Javascript to run on Yahoo.com. (Within content settings of Chrome)