Windows 10: Excessive sessions open immediately after boot

Discus and support Excessive sessions open immediately after boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been having problems with Internet speed variations recently. Today I had a Tech from my ISP here to look at the problem and he discovered that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MSRadell, Feb 17, 2016.

1. MSRadell Win User

Excessive sessions open immediately after boot

I've been having problems with Internet speed variations recently. Today I had a Tech from my ISP here to look at the problem and he discovered that immediately after boot I have over 50 active sessions open on my PC, even before I open a browser window. This machine has Norton Security installed and active and I've recently run Norton Eraser As Well as Malwarebytes and neither of them have found anything significant while scanning.

Any idea what could because of these sessions to open?

:)

MSRadell, Feb 17, 2016

2. BLUE SCREEN: WINDOWS 10 UPDATE

AFTER I UPDATE TO WINDOWS 10. SUDDENLY APPEAR AN BLUE SCREEN THAT SAYS ''CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CURRUPTION_NTFS.SYS''

IT IMMEDIATELY BOOT AND APPEAR A BLACK SCREEN WITH THIS MESSAGE: ''LOADING OPERATION SYSTEM...'' AND A BLINKING UNDERSCORE''. THEN I HAVE TO I PRESS ALT + CTRL + DEL TO RESTART THE SESSION AGAIN.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

AudreyGonzález, Feb 17, 2016
  3. jimakers Win User
    computer randomly restarts multiple times

I did the clean boot before .. a Microsoft tech helped me in chat .... the clean boot did not solve the issue ... the make and model of my computer is an Acer ,desktop ...the restart happens mostly at startup and immediately thereafter .. and it also restarts
    during a session even after I've been into the session 40 or 50 minutes. I upgraded windows 10 with the Windows Update' I will try method 1 .. but I did that before and it did not work .... I have updated Windows 10 completely .. new update and it took almost
    an hour ... but it said that the update was successful .

jimakers, Feb 17, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    I see you've got a post over at Bleeping Computer on this as well.

Excessive active internet sessions can be caused by torrenting programs and botnets (clickfraud/DDoS attacks, etc.). I have also seen this when someone has gotten into a system with a lot of storage, and put their illegal stuff on it, selling it to customers and then linking to the compromised computer after the sale, for the download. And, just because you've got Norton running doesn't mean you're safe.

You could try Wireshark if you want to sniff your packets, for more information.

I would run RKILL, JRT, then an ESET Online Scan for starters, and see what comes up, while you're waiting for BC to answer. You'll need to disable Norton when running ESET.

EDIT: Have you noticed high activity on your CPU lately?

simrick, Feb 17, 2016
  5. MSRadell Win User
    Thanks, I've run the 1st 2 already and they didn't find anything I'm working on running ESET right now.

MSRadell, Feb 17, 2016
  6. MSRadell Win User
    I went ahead and ran Wireshark today after none of the other troubleshooting tools found anything. I'm attaching a copy of a Wireshark file to see if anybody can see anything interesting in it.

MSRadell, Feb 18, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Yeah, I can't really do much with the PDF. I think you need to be in the program to do the evaluating, using the various filters available. Have a look here:
    Capturing network communication packets with Wireshark Utility | Symantec Connect
    They have a wireshark tutorial video on there.

Did the ESET scan find anything?

simrick, Feb 21, 2016
  8. MSRadell Win User

No It Didn't.

MSRadell, Feb 21, 2016
  9. pete1208 Win User
    Have you reviewed your startup programs in task manager? Sounds like a virus, etc... to me

pete1208, Feb 25, 2016
  10. MSRadell Win User
    Following up with some of the information I collect on Wireshark I thought a lot of communications to the IP address of 204.79.197.213. A search came back showing that's a MS site. I created a firewall rule to block all communications to and from that site and suddenly everything seems to be working fine! I'm running Windows 10x64 Pro, and to the best of my knowledge have all of the MS data transfer stuff turned off but obviously something is still functioning.

MSRadell, Feb 26, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    Good. If ESET didn't find anything, then you can be pretty sure there's no virus lurking.

Interesting. I hope that's not your OneDrive sync. *Wink

simrick, Feb 26, 2016
  12. MSRadell Win User
    Actually after doing some more research that's the homepage for Bing, don't know why it was trying to communicate because I don't use it at all and have it turned off! Just more MS BS.

MSRadell, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Excessive sessions open immediately after boot - Similar Threads - Excessive sessions open

2. Settings close immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings close immediately after opening.: Everytime I open settings it closes immediately. I don’t know how to fix this problem I’ve tried factory resetting my entire pc and I’ve tried using Powershell, Command Prompt, and even Task manager to try to make it work again. I can’t go on Microsoft Edge because I need to...
  3. Settings close immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings close immediately after opening.: Everytime I open settings it closes immediately. I don’t know how to fix this problem I’ve tried factory resetting my entire pc and I’ve tried using Powershell, Command Prompt, and even Task manager to try to make it work again. I can’t go on Microsoft Edge because I need to...
  4. RDP Session closes immediately after autentification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Session closes immediately after autentification: Can someone help I have my Desktop 200 miles away and after update I can't connect any moreLast update probably is insider last updateEnter-PSSession connects fine so I can do any kind of servicesbut RDP connects closes itselt immediately after authentificationAny help is...
  5. RDP Session closes immediately after autentification

RDP Session closes immediately after autentification: Can someone help I have my Desktop 200 miles away and after update I can't connect any moreLast update probably is insider last updateEnter-PSSession connects fine so I can do any kind of servicesbut RDP connects closes itselt immediately after authentificationAny help is...
  6. Settings immediately closes after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings immediately closes after opening: Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it...
  7. Settings immediately closes after opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings immediately closes after opening: Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it...
  8. Store closes immediately after opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store closes immediately after opening: I have tried many ways but windows store not opening ..it just loads and closes itself.I tried ;reseting the appclear cachesync timetroubleshootingand restarting but not a single work for me.plz help me to solve this problem...
  9. Store closes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store closes immediately after opening: I have tried many ways but windows store not opening ..it just loads and closes itself.I tried ;reseting the appclear cachesync timetroubleshootingand restarting but not a single work for me.plz help me to solve this problem...
  10. Store closes immediately after opening