Windows 10: Excessive TCP connections open

Discus and support Excessive TCP connections open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently noticed that even immediately after rebooting my system (Windows 10x64 Pro) but I have around 200 TCP connections open before I even begin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MSRadell, Mar 10, 2016.

1. MSRadell Win User

Excessive TCP connections open

I recently noticed that even immediately after rebooting my system (Windows 10x64 Pro) but I have around 200 TCP connections open before I even begin opening Internet Explorer, Outlook etc.

I'm attaching a file taken with TCPviewer immediately after a recent reboot. Any idea what's causing so many TCP connections to be opened?

:)

MSRadell, Mar 10, 2016

2. Get browser TCP status & TCP connection time

HI,

When user open the browser it estblish the TCP connection with server. Please tell me how i get TCP status & TCP connection time for opend browser.

Thanks,

Anand

Hello Anand, Mar 10, 2016
  3. port fowarding windows 10

i need to open my connection to tcp and use port fowarding on my windows 10 computer

RapidImei Unlockers, Mar 10, 2016
  4. Excessive TCP connections open

What is causing so many TCP connections? Well if you look on the lest side it tells you the process just saying.

Now is this a problem? No it is not. You are always going to have a lot of connections with any network connected system. Most of these connections go no where (0.0.0.0) or are limited to internal network functions only.

logicearth, Mar 11, 2016
  5. MSRadell Win User
    I realize that the lifting on the left side shows what opened the connections but this list is something much longer than it used to be. I don't nothing and it changed except for some of the recent updates to Windows 10. I used to have only 20 or 30 open even when I was doing something and now I have this many open immediately after rebooting! Something strange is going on I'm just not sure what.

MSRadell, Mar 11, 2016
  6. Nothing strange is going on. Its perfectly normal, nothing that you've shown indicates anything strange.

logicearth, Mar 12, 2016
  7. Mystere Win User
    Most of those are not active connections, they're just listening. Lots of internal services used by windows communicate with each other via tcp/ip and thus they are constantly listening because they need to be able to hear communications.

You have a few apps that have open connections.

AdAppMgr - this is an Adobe tool that manages Adobe CC Online apps.
    agent.exe - this could be any of a number of apps, but is probably fine.
    dashost.exe - this is the mail synchronization app
    Fitbitconnecthost - this should be obvious.. you've got a fitbit device and synchronize it with your internet account.
    officeclicktorun - this is part of office365
    x-lite - also should be obvious.. you have a VOIP softphone installed and running

pretty much everything else is internal services listening.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Excessive TCP connections open

1. Excessive TCP connections open - Similar Threads - Excessive TCP connections

2. tcp connect to port 443 failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tcp connect to port 443 failed: I have checked the port 443 by powershell in win 10 by the following command:"tnc hostname –port 443" mention hostname of the computerbut I got the “Fail” result how can I solve the problem that get the “True” result?I was created Inbound rule for tcp&udp 443 and also...
  3. tcp connect to port 443 failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tcp connect to port 443 failed: I have checked the port 443 by powershell in win 10 by the following command:"tnc hostname –port 443" mention hostname of the computerbut I got the “Fail” result how can I solve the problem that get the “True” result?I was created Inbound rule for tcp&udp 443 and also...
  4. tcp connect to port 443 failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. TCP and UDP connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TCP and UDP connections: I was looking at the connections on my Win10 workstation and noticed an EC2 connection. I don’t use or have an AWS account.What TCP and UDP connections should be there?...
  6. TCP and UDP connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TCP and UDP connections: I was looking at the connections on my Win10 workstation and noticed an EC2 connection. I don’t use or have an AWS account.What TCP and UDP connections should be there?...
  7. TCP and UDP connections

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. TCP Connection to Controller not working, TCP connection timeout on company pc's

TCP Connection to Controller not working, TCP connection timeout on company pc's: Good morning everybodyI have a problem with establishing a proper TCP connection with a controller by CCS LLS-2420: CCS Light sequence switch LSS-2404 for control of lighting for Computational Imaging. I wish to use their SDK which requires my application to request a license...
  9. tcp fast open

tcp fast open: Is tcp fast open a good thing to do or is it useless or dangerous 88073
  10. Excessive sessions open immediately after boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive sessions open immediately after boot: I've been having problems with Internet speed variations recently. Today I had a Tech from my ISP here to look at the problem and he discovered that immediately after boot I have over 50 active sessions open on my PC, even before I open a browser window. This machine has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. TCP sessions not closing

2. excessive open port on internet