Windows 10: Exclamation point icon over "C" drive

Discus and support Exclamation point icon over "C" drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I posted earlier this week about a computer that had water spilled on it and was giving a "no boot device" error. That has been resolved. The computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sinjin, Jun 22, 2018.

1. sinjin Win User

Exclamation point icon over "C" drive

I posted earlier this week about a computer that had water spilled on it and was giving a "no boot device" error. That has been resolved. The computer can see the drive and will boot into "Normal" mode. I have now discovered that, when looking at "This PC," that there is an exclamation point icon over the "C" drive. I did a search online about this and saw one person recommend enabling and then disabling bitlocker. When I right-click on the drive, there is no "manage" option for Bitlocker. I also saw something about enabling and disabling TPM. This is NOT my computer and I certainly don't want to make the situation worse. I'd appreciate ANY help that can be offered. Thank you.

It may be worth noting that when I took the hard drive out of the computer and attached it one running Windows 7 via USB that I could not access the drive due to Bitlocker being enabled.

:)

sinjin, Jun 22, 2018

2. C Drive icon disapear?

I was trying to install need for speed pro street demo. I install it in C drive directory. Somehow it got currupted.. so I delete the files manually in C drive and reboot and download pro street again.

Now my C drive picture Icon disapear and now it just a white square. Did when I was deleting pro street files in C drive somehow it effect the C drive icon? or did I accidently delete something that is not pro street file?

How do I make my C drive picture Icon back?

HiddenStupid, Jun 22, 2018
  3. MeeAnders Win User
    WiFi Network Icon with exclamation point

When I click on the WiFi icon in the taskbar, it shows a list of available WiFi networks. Some of the networks have an exclamation point in a symbol that looks like a shield. See the picture I posted. Can anyone please tell me what the that mean?

Exclamation point icon over "C" drive eb4e6a3f-8f98-49ed-8d1a-5837008bd65a.png

MeeAnders, Jun 22, 2018
  4. pete D(2) Win User

WiFi Network Icon with exclamation point

Since this thread is the first one that appears in the Google search results for "exclamation point in wifi system 10 network list" I feel that Microsoft should care enough to answer this question.

How about it?

pete D(2), Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Exclamation point icon over "C" drive - Similar Threads - Exclamation point icon

2. Red exclamation point on yellow crescent moon icon for focus assist on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Red exclamation point on yellow crescent moon icon for focus assist on taskbar: How do I clear the red exclamation point on the yellow crescent moon icon for focus assist OR how do I remove the crescent moon icon from my taskbar altogether? I don't mind the moon icon, but the red exclamation point keeps drawing my eyes down and distracting me from my...
  3. public wifi with shield and exclamation point in it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    public wifi with shield and exclamation point in it.: How to reconnect to public wifi. I was connected before, but now couldn't connect anymore. It says internet access but could not load google chrome and other search engine....
  4. Got a exclamation point next to audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Got a exclamation point next to audio.: Hello I have a HP Pavillon dv6000. I have no audio. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing. I've watched countless YouTube videos and still have same problem. Please help....
  5. I get a yellow exclamation over my network icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I get a yellow exclamation over my network icon: So ive had this issue for quite some time and its really been a frustrating few months and nothing is working. What will happen if my laptop with windows 10 on it will very frequently decide to stop using internet. At this point it shows a yellow icon over my Wifi icon. Ive...
  6. What does this exclamation mark icon mean on my drive C?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does this exclamation mark icon mean on my drive C?: I just noticed that if I open up the root drives folder on my desktop in Windows Explorer, the disk C: is showing with this exclamation mark icon: [img] Is there a way to know why? 113742
  7. What does this exclamation mark icon mean on my drive C?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does this exclamation mark icon mean on my drive C?: I just noticed that if I open up the root drives folder on my desktop in Windows Explorer, the disk C: is showing with this exclamation mark icon: [img] Is there a way to know why? 113742
  8. Exclamation point Icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Exclamation point Icon: I posted earlier this week about a computer that had water spilled on it and was giving a "no boot device" error. That has been resolved. The computer can see the drive and will boot into "Normal" mode. I have now discovered that, when looking at "This PC," that there is an...
  9. All Apps have an Exclamation Mark on over their icon and won't start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Apps have an Exclamation Mark on over their icon and won't start.: Hello guys, I have the problem that is descibed in my title. I found this forum by googling this problem and I've tried basically every powershell command I could find with no sucess and now I look for new ideas. I can't do an in-place upgrade (keeping files option is...
  10. Scanning And Repairing C Drive Over and Over

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scanning And Repairing C Drive Over and Over: My ASUS laptop running Windows 10 crashed and I had to turn it off by holding the power button. When I turned the laptop back on it had a message that it was scanning and repairing the C drive. After a few hours the instead of then starting up normally, a blue screen appears...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 exclamation point on drive icons

2. windows 10 exclamation point on c drive

3. exclamation point on c drive

4. exclamation point on drive icon,
  5. windows 10 c:\ point exclamation,
  6. why is there an exclamation point on my c drive,
  7. windows 10 exclamation on d:,
  8. windows drive exclamation point,
  9. windows 10 red explantion root drive,
  10. boot drive exclamation point icon,
  11. exclamation mark in drive icon,