Windows 10: Exclamation point Icon

Discus and support Exclamation point Icon in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I posted earlier this week about a computer that had water spilled on it and was giving a "no boot device" error. That has been resolved. The computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sinjin, Jun 22, 2018.

1. sinjin Win User

Exclamation point Icon

I posted earlier this week about a computer that had water spilled on it and was giving a "no boot device" error. That has been resolved. The computer can see the drive and will boot into "Normal" mode. I have now discovered that, when looking at "This PC," that there is an exclamation point icon over the "C" drive. I did a search online about this and saw one person recommend enabling and then disabling bitlocker. When I right-click on the drive, there is no "manage" option for Bitlocker. I also saw something about enabling and disabling TPM. This is NOT my computer and I certainly don't want to make the situation worse. I'd appreciate ANY help that can be offered. Thank you.

It may be worth noting that when I took the hard drive out of the computer and attached it one running Windows 7 via USB that I could not access the drive due to Bitlocker being enabled.

:)

sinjin, Jun 22, 2018
  2. MeeAnders Win User

WiFi Network Icon with exclamation point

When I click on the WiFi icon in the taskbar, it shows a list of available WiFi networks. Some of the networks have an exclamation point in a symbol that looks like a shield. See the picture I posted. Can anyone please tell me what the that mean?

Exclamation point Icon eb4e6a3f-8f98-49ed-8d1a-5837008bd65a.png

MeeAnders, Jun 22, 2018
  3. pete D(2) Win User
    WiFi Network Icon with exclamation point

Since this thread is the first one that appears in the Google search results for "exclamation point in wifi system 10 network list" I feel that Microsoft should care enough to answer this question.

How about it?

pete D(2), Jun 22, 2018
  4. Exclamation point Icon

exclamation point

Hi, raegenbramlet.

We're glad to help you out. May I know if what's the last thing you did with your phone before you've seen the exclamation point?

Exclamation means that you're phone has been going through a hard reset. We suggest to plug in your phone and let the reset finish.

Please note that by performing a reset will delete your Personal Data and
    Settings.

Hope this works for you.

Shaira Cay, Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

Exclamation point Icon

1. Exclamation point Icon - Similar Threads - Exclamation point Icon

2. Red exclamation point on yellow crescent moon icon for focus assist on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Red exclamation point on yellow crescent moon icon for focus assist on taskbar: How do I clear the red exclamation point on the yellow crescent moon icon for focus assist OR how do I remove the crescent moon icon from my taskbar altogether? I don't mind the moon icon, but the red exclamation point keeps drawing my eyes down and distracting me from my...
  3. Windows Security icon yellow warning with exclamation point without obvious problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security icon yellow warning with exclamation point without obvious problems: After updating to the latest version of Windows 10 Home, the Windows Security icon on the task bar turned yellow with an exclamation point. Clicking the icon took me to Windows Security Home with the heading Security at a glance. Everything was green. I searched the internet...
  4. public wifi with shield and exclamation point in it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    public wifi with shield and exclamation point in it.: How to reconnect to public wifi. I was connected before, but now couldn't connect anymore. It says internet access but could not load google chrome and other search engine....
  5. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Exclamation Point

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Exclamation Point: USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller is showing an Exclamation Point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-xhci-compliant-host-controller-exclamation/48b27e3a-6158-48f6-919e-efcff996bcf9
  6. Got a exclamation point next to audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Got a exclamation point next to audio.: Hello I have a HP Pavillon dv6000. I have no audio. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing. I've watched countless YouTube videos and still have same problem. Please help....
  7. network icon exclamation mark problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network icon exclamation mark problem: I have reinstalled windows because of this problem network icon says no internet but sites works fine what to do 137145
  8. Red exclamations on Windows 10 icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Red exclamations on Windows 10 icons: I have red exclamation marks on my windows 10 icons. All the answers have been in regards to McAfee and Mozy, but I do not have McAfee. What do I do to get rid of them? Thanks for your help!...
  9. Windows Defender Security Center shows exclamation point

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security Center shows exclamation point: Hello, My Windows 10 Pro shows an exclamation point on the Windows Defender Security Center. Though, when I open it everything is tick marked and seems to be working fine. https://i.imgur.com/8AT2iRb.png Requesting support. 114749
  10. Exclamation point icon over "C" drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Exclamation point icon over "C" drive: I posted earlier this week about a computer that had water spilled on it and was giving a "no boot device" error. That has been resolved. The computer can see the drive and will boot into "Normal" mode. I have now discovered that, when looking at "This PC," that there is an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 exclamation point on drive icons

2. exclamation point symbol

3. how to clear red exclamation point in windows 10 mail

4. bitlocker icon exclamation point,
  5. windows 10 wifi icon with exclamation point,
  6. windows update with exclamation point,
  7. exclamation point in taskbar windows,
  8. exclamation point on all windows 10 icons,
  9. exclamation point windows,
  10. exclamtion point icon,
  11. edge exclamation point icons,