Windows 10: .exe file for Calendar App

Discus and support .exe file for Calendar App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, So, the title says it all - I need to find the .exe file for the W10 built-in Calendar App. A simple shortcut file won't do, because the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ekhangel, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Ekhangel Win User

.exe file for Calendar App

Hi all,

So, the title says it all - I need to find the .exe file for the W10 built-in Calendar App. A simple shortcut file won't do, because the Logitech Options software for my mouse (MX Master) won't allow to configure a mouse button to it. Yes, I did try.

An alternative would be to convert the shortcut that I have created from the hidden Applications folder into an .exe or .bat file, but I didn't really manage to find a working solution on the web.

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

Ekhangel, Jun 19, 2016

2. Default app for .exe file types

Hi,

How did you accidently change the default app for .exe file types to notepad?

Which settings did you change?

Please let us know.

Type default apps in the search bar and from there you can change the default programs and apps.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries on the issue above. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jun 19, 2016
  3. Default app for .exe file types

Hello Guys

I am on Windows 10 and

I have accidentally changed the default app for .exe file types to notepad. Now everything is opening in nopp

I have changed default for .exe in registory to exefile but it is still not working.

If you can tell me the name of default program that opens .exe files and its location, I think that I would be able to change it using the "Choose default app for .exe files" menu.

If you have anyother solution, do share with me.

Thanks.

Haseeb-ur-Rehman, Jun 19, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Here's what I discovered for the location..

.exe file for Calendar App [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jun 19, 2016
  5. Ekhangel Win User
    Ekhangel, Jun 19, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I should have pointed out in my reply that I don't think you can run the Calendar App as a stand alone. It has to run within the App framework.

BunnyJ, Jun 19, 2016
  7. Ekhangel Win User
    Yeah, that's what I thought... So I guess the .exe/.bat solution seems to be the only one. Only I still don't know how to do it.

Ekhangel, Jun 19, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Someone else may have a way but I doubt the exe/bat will work since you can't use the calendar outside of the App platform.

BunnyJ, Jun 19, 2016
  9. Is this any help
    Create the shortcut for calendar where you want it to be (in this example i used the desktop)
    Create a .bat file, named whatever you want and place it in the same folder as the shortcut (desktop again for me)
    If I now run cal.bat it opens the Calendar App

.exe file for Calendar App [​IMG]

paulsalter, Jun 19, 2016
  10. Ekhangel Win User
    Yes, exactly what I've been looking for! Didn't know it was so easy. Thanks a lot.

Now, is there a way to make this cmd window stop popping up for a split of a second every time I execute the .bat?

Ekhangel, Jun 19, 2016
  11. The only ways i can see is using a vbs file, which then gets rid of the .exe or bat extension

or if you run it from a command prompt

start /b cal.bat

but then automating this would create another batch file so would be back to square one

will do some more looking

paulsalter, Jun 19, 2016
  12. The easiest solution i could find, which stops it showing on the desktop, but makes it appear on the taskbar for a fraction of a second is

create a shortcut to the bat file, in the properties for the new shortcut tell it to run minimised, i dont notice this as much and unless looking at the taskbar dont see it appear

paulsalter, Jun 19, 2016
  13. Ekhangel Win User

Thanks a bunch, mate!!! You should be head of Microsoft Customer Support.

I hereby proclaim this issue as resolved.

Ekhangel, Jun 19, 2016
  14. Good to hear we resolved your issue, thanks for the info *Smile

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. .exe file for Calendar App - Similar Threads - exe file Calendar

2. Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file: Saya tidak sengaja mensetting default open file exe saya ke adobe acrobat aplikasi saya semua berubah icon menjadi adobe acrobat,saya menghapus adobe acrobat saya dan file exe dilaptop saya saat membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file...
  3. Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file: Saya tidak sengaja mensetting default open file exe saya ke adobe acrobat aplikasi saya semua berubah icon menjadi adobe acrobat,saya menghapus adobe acrobat saya dan file exe dilaptop saya saat membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file...
  4. Select An App To Open This .exe File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Select An App To Open This .exe File: Hi So Today I was going to play csgo and when i launched it from steam i got this error, Anyone Knows How To Fix It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-an-app-to-open-this-exe-file/7412963b-bad4-4030-97a5-e2670ce98ec9
  5. Select An App To Open This .exe File

Select An App To Open This .exe File: Hi So Today I was going to play csgo and when i launched it from steam i got this error, Anyone Knows How To Fix It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-an-app-to-open-this-exe-file/7412963b-bad4-4030-97a5-e2670ce98ec9
  6. Calendar app - Taskbar calendar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calendar app - Taskbar calendar: The events I create on my android phone, using a gmail account will sync to the calendar app when opened fully from the start menu. These are then visible in the popup menu version of the calendar app which is accessed via the taskbar. Excellent. However the events will not...
  7. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  8. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  9. Import .ics file in Calendar App and share it in google calendar

Import .ics file in Calendar App and share it in google calendar: I linked a google account in my calendar App and I can correctly see and sync all the google calendars.I have an issue when I try to import .ics files with events generated by my organizations. During the import Calendar App proposes in which calendar to import the event. The...
  10. .EXE files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .EXE files: I was just wondering if anyone could help or explain to me what exactly this is and what it's used for BridgeCummunication.exe. I noticed it running in my task manager under services and was running as a application. Thankful for any help provided....