Windows 10: .exe file wont run

Discus and support .exe file wont run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Keono, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Keono Win User

.exe file wont run

So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help?

:)

Keono, Aug 22, 2016
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

exe files wont run on windows10?

Hi,

File corruption is one of the usual reasons why some exe files are not opening or working. For us to isolate the root cause of the issue, we would appreciate if you could provide additional information:

• Did you make any change prior to the issue?
    • Were you still able to login or use the computer after trying to open the exe file or after receiving the blue screen?
    • Can you send us a picture of the blue screen error that you've received?

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 22, 2016
  3. madi107 Win User
    exe files wont run on windows10?

Any exe files wont rn on my computer keeps going to sending info blue screen no mater what file i chose any fix is to his all my drivers and Microsoft windows 10 is up to date

madi107, Aug 22, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

.exe file wont run

It may be some incompatible program. You can try running Compatibility Troubleshooter or As administrator. Both options available thru right click.

CountMike, Aug 22, 2016
  5. Keono Win User
    Didn't work. Is there anything else I can do?

Keono, Aug 23, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Hi Keono and welcome to Tenforums.

What is the executable you're trying to run and where did it come from? Are you getting any message from Windows that it's being prevented from running? Are you in an administrator account? What antivirus are you using? Any notice from that?

simrick, Aug 23, 2016
  7. Keono Win User
    not using any anti-virus right now due to some problems. Im trying to run SquidHQ from SquidHQ.com

Keono, Aug 23, 2016
  8. Keono Win User

.exe file wont run

no messages from windows though

Keono, Aug 23, 2016
  9. Keono Win User
    when I run trouble shooter it now says incompatible program detected

Keono, Aug 23, 2016
  10. simrick Win User
    So you've turned off Windows Defender as well? What about Windows Firewall?

Someone else had a problem and it was the anti-virus.
    Unexpected error · Issue #5 · SquidHQ/launcher · GitHub

Have you seen this FAQ page? The last one in particular.
    SquidHQ - Minecraft Launcher

Perhaps you should post on the Github site to get help from the developer.

simrick, Aug 23, 2016
  11. Keono Win User
    what is f-secure? i tried switching but i dont know how to switch launchers. yes I am running windows firewall

Keono, Aug 24, 2016
  12. Keono Win User
    how do i turn off windows protector or firewall?

Keono, Aug 24, 2016
  13. simrick Win User

.exe file wont run

F-Secure is a 3rd-party anti-virus.

I think it would be best to post on the Github site (above) and request help from the developer.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

.exe file wont run

1. .exe file wont run - Similar Threads - exe file wont

2. Exe files wont open

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Exe files wont open: When I download new exe files such as discord installer and run it, it won't do anything; it will not load at all. I tried it with a different installer when I tried to download Anaconda and vs code which would download since the installer won't open; I was going to try on a...
  3. Exe files wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe files wont open: When I download new exe files such as discord installer and run it, it won't do anything; it will not load at all. I tried it with a different installer when I tried to download Anaconda and vs code which would download since the installer won't open; I was going to try on a...
  4. Exe files wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Exe files wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler wont run “.exe” file on startup: So, I have the AutoHotKey script, to permanently lock the NumLock key. I converted it to an .exe file because I thought that would solve the Task Scheduler problem. The thing is, its not working! I checked Task Manager, and it actually shows up there, after restart, but its...
  7. No exe files will run!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. EXE files wont start

EXE files wont start: Hello, guys! I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10 Media Center Edition (Joke, It is actually Home) x64 and I've just downloaded an application used for TV when I'm gone, but it won't start! I've edited the registry, Ran as an Administrator, I can't start safe mode, nothing...
  9. Some .exe and .jar files wont run.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some .exe and .jar files wont run.: First i got Minecraft.jar which works at school but not at home it keeps on saying what do you want to use to run this. Then i got infiniminer.exe tried to run it and the same thing happened. Please help....
  10. The .exe wont run Please help

The .exe wont run Please help: Hi, Ok have a problem with .exe errors no software will open. eg. taskmanger wont open cmd wont open. i have tried everything. its like the .exe is turned off. And i cant fix it because i cant get to powershell or cmd to run commands. Bexuase i have a problem with .exe i...