Windows 10: Executing a shutdown in HWinfo

Discus and support Executing a shutdown in HWinfo in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a simple command I can use to shut down my PC in the HWinfo64 monitoring tool? It lets you program it to execute a program if a certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, Oct 5, 2016.

1. rivre Win User

Executing a shutdown in HWinfo

Is there a simple command I can use to shut down my PC in the HWinfo64 monitoring tool? It lets you program it to execute a program if a certain parameter is met. I want to tell it to shut down the PC if the CPU temp hits a certain max temp, just as a precaution, like coretemp does automatically. HWinfo lets me point it to an exe to execute so I'm wondering if there's a way to execute a shutdown command? Maybe a bat file I can point it to with a command to shutdown? Any ideas?

Edit: I see there's shutdown.exe in the system32 folder which should work. Is there any arguments I should include when pointing HWinfo to that exe? I think I've got:

C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe
    with the arguments set to:
    /s /t 00 /f

where /s is for shutdown the system, /t 00 is the number of seconds to shutdown (0 seconds) and /f forces running applications to close without forewarning to users. Is this correct?

:)

rivre, Oct 5, 2016

2. I dont know what my video card is. Can anyone help me?

Might try GPU-Z or HWInfo

leopard_jumps, Oct 5, 2016
  3. srdrvrl Win User
    Used Programs Starts after windows opened, Fall Creators Update

When i open my computer it executes the programs that they are used before the shutdown, if i don't close the programs before shutdown they are executed when i open computer, i am closing all programs before shutdown but onedrive business and Google Chrome
    are executed, and when google chrome is executed, it opens clean, i mean i am loosing pinned tabs!

I realized that these programs are not executed after logon, they are executed with windows.

This problem occurred after i installed fall creator update.

How to i solve this problem?

srdrvrl, Oct 5, 2016
Thema:

Executing a shutdown in HWinfo

1. Executing a shutdown in HWinfo - Similar Threads - Executing shutdown HWinfo

2. Logfile from HWinfo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logfile from HWinfo: I have a log file from HWinfo and i am hoping someone can read it and help me understand what was going on at the time i was playing borderlands 3 when i had a crashhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1VD0-ws_jkAaBHOV5-WaCvdNf0F7FhoTb/view?usp=sharing...
  3. Logfile from HWinfo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logfile from HWinfo: I have a log file from HWinfo and i am hoping someone can read it and help me understand what was going on at the time i was playing borderlands 3 when i had a crashhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1VD0-ws_jkAaBHOV5-WaCvdNf0F7FhoTb/view?usp=sharing...
  4. Rainmeter GPU Gadget small problem...HWiNFO not detected!!!

Rainmeter GPU Gadget small problem...HWiNFO not detected!!!: Hello i got a small problem with the rainmeter application, to be short it detect with "HWiNFO64" and the "HWiNFO shared memory viewer.exe" all infos used for my processor gadget but when it comes to the GPU gadget... it says that "HWiNFO" is not detected all settings into...
  5. HWiNFO 6.30

HWiNFO 6.30: New HWiNFO 6.30 now has Dark mode support for Windows 10 Download HWiNFO 6.30 [img] [img] 163446
  6. Freezing when opening up the HWInfo software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezing when opening up the HWInfo software: So, I have a fairly new machine with these specs: CPU: Ryzen 3700X GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 Super RAM: G.SKill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600, 18-19-19-42 PSU: Seasonic M12i 620 Watts Every time my system boots up, I usually fire up the HWInfo software so that I can...
  7. Edge and HWInfo are incompatible for now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge and HWInfo are incompatible for now: Hi! I already sent feedback from Edge last night, but thought I'd put some more info in here since I tried to replicate and then solve the issue. Short story: Wanted to use Edge again and drop Firefox (just for context, don't ask why it's irrelevant). Went to Netflix and I...
  8. Using HWINFO

Using HWINFO: Just thought I'd share my experience of the last few days. I built myself a new PC which I am very happy with, Ryzen 7 2700X, 16Gb etc... Anyway its very good and as you will understand I have been monitoring it with HWINFO, thats sensible. Day 2 and the fans constantly...
  9. Using HWINFO

in Windows 10 Support
    Using HWINFO: Just thought I'd share my experience of the last few days. I built myself a new PC which I am very happy with, Ryzen 7 2700X, 16Gb etc... Anyway its very good and as you will understand I have been monitoring it with HWINFO, thats sensible. Day 2 and the fans constantly...
  10. Hwinfo

Hwinfo: I use hwinfo to control fan speed, it works really well when you set the auto boot option in settings. The problem is that when the pc returns from sleep it forgets the fam settings and returns to default settings. I have just switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and this...