Windows 10: exfat file system for windows 10

Discus and support exfat file system for windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just purchased a 4k Ultra HD Sony video camera. It states that movies saved on SDXC memory cards cannot be imported to or played back on computers or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdwardCherry1, Jul 28, 2018.

1. exfat file system for windows 10

I just purchased a 4k Ultra HD Sony video camera. It states that movies saved on SDXC memory cards cannot be imported to or played back on computers or AV devices not supporting the exFAT file system by connecting this product to these devices with the micro USB cable. What do I need to do to be able to transfer this camera video to this computer, or can you simply transfer the video via SDXC card through the card reader on the computer without using the MIcro USB cord?

:)

EdwardCherry1, Jul 28, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Formating to exFAT

Hi Taylor,

If you want to format an external hard drive or USB flash drive in exFAT, you can follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + x on your keyboard. This open the context menu.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type format g: /FS:exFAT and then Enter to begin formatting the G drive as exFAT
    For any query, feel free to reach us.

Marque Lor, Jul 28, 2018
  4. slance310 Win User

exfat file system for windows 10

ExFat file system

Hi,

2TB seems a bit large for a Flash Drive, but regardless... Windows normally uses NTFS for drives...

ExFat is somewhat of a backup\workaround for some programs\features that may need FAT32... FAT32 is kind of limited as far as size goes...

You might try accessing the drive in Disk Management by right clicking on the Windows Icon on the lower left of the Desktop...

Right click on the drive and select Format... You will lose everything on the drive doing this, but it sounds like it is lost anyway...

After selecting the Format you will go through a couple of steps, one of which will be to select the file type... This is where you can select NTFS...

It is also possible that the files you save are getting corrupted due to a defective drive...

slance310, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

exfat file system for windows 10

1. exfat file system for windows 10 - Similar Threads - exfat file system

2. exFAT files and Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exFAT files and Windows: Hi there, as someone who isnt familiar with lots of files ect, I would like some help with a problem I have encountered recently. I bought an microSDcard for my laptop for extra storage I have an Acer Aspire and inserted it with a carrier into a USB reader. The next message...
  3. exFAT files and Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exFAT files and Windows: Hi there, as someone who isnt familiar with lots of files ect, I would like some help with a problem I have encountered recently. I bought an microSDcard for my laptop for extra storage I have an Acer Aspire and inserted it with a carrier into a USB reader. The next message...
  4. exFAT files and Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Conflict between NTFS and exFAT File systems using Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Conflict between NTFS and exFAT File systems using Win 10: This started when I was suckered into buying a couple of obscure brand SSDs at very low prices and very large supposed storage capacities. I spent days of infuriated time before putting the drives on the trash heap and ordering "good" ones. The cheapies 'speed' was 8 times...
  6. Fix EXFAT FILE SYSTEM (volmgr.sys) Blue Screen error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix EXFAT FILE SYSTEM (volmgr.sys) Blue Screen error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]According to Microsoft documentation, the EXFAT_FILE_SYSTEM (volmgr.sys) bug check has a value of 0x0000012C, which indicates that a problem occurred in the Extended File Allocation Table (exFAT) file system. This post provides solutions PC users that have encountered...
  7. Files not showing on exfat hdd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files not showing on exfat hdd: Hi guys. Hopefully you can help me out. I have a HDD which I formatted to exfat. I downloaded a few videos to it from Mac, which I could then use with my kodi player that I have installed on my PC. I then downloaded a few more and wanted to test them too, but they were not...
  8. Is compatible Exfat system with Microsoft Windows 10?.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is compatible Exfat system with Microsoft Windows 10?.: Hi Everyone: I have a USB MMC with Exfat format, but I am having problems to copy files and save information inside this. Is compatible this format with the operative system or is better change the format to avoid these problems....
  9. BSOD with Stop code: EXFAT FILE SYSTEM and what failed: volmgr.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with Stop code: EXFAT FILE SYSTEM and what failed: volmgr.sys: This happens almost everyday my laptop Bsods and random moments and its getting inconvenient I'll either be in a voice call with friends or working on something and my PC just ends up crashing. I've updated all my drivers reinstalled windows every trick in the book. No fix,...
  10. Exfat file system Vs NTFS file system...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Exfat file system Vs NTFS file system...: Hi all, Here is a critical problem i have faced. I have inserted my pendrive in an laptop with OS X. As it was in ntfs format the data were shown but writting into this couldn't be done. So I format it to exfat format to get some data. When I insert it into my laptop it was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exfat file system in windows 10?