Windows 10: Exiting Games Results in a Black Screen, forcing hard reset.

Discus and support Exiting Games Results in a Black Screen, forcing hard reset. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys, lately my windows 10 pro/i7 4770/16 GB DDR3/EVGA GTX 1070 has trouble exiting games. Not every game, but i just finished off FEAR (1, long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Groggubus, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Groggubus Win User

Exiting Games Results in a Black Screen, forcing hard reset.

Hey guys, lately my windows 10 pro/i7 4770/16 GB DDR3/EVGA GTX 1070 has trouble exiting games. Not every game, but i just finished off FEAR (1, long time getting to it, my list of shame is extensive), and when i exited it all there was was a black screen. It happens to some games but not others
    Exiting Games Results in a Black Screen, forcing hard reset. [​IMG]
    :/ My monitor is a XB271HU (acer predator)connected via Display port, and I have a Samsung 4k TV plugged into the HDMI slot. The problem exists when theres only one display plugged in though, as Ive tried some basic troubleshooting like removing monitors, updating graphic drivers, etc.

When the black screen is up, Keyboard presses do nothing, and there's no mouse movement. I have to either press the restart button or hold the power button *Sad

Any ideas?

:)

Groggubus, Dec 26, 2016
  2. MooppooM Win User

Black screen after exiting a game (Windows 10 Pro)

I already have this and it still happens to me. In fact, I forced it via GPU drivers to use 60Hz by making a custom resolution and changing the timing to 60.01Hz. I had to force it because even if I changed it to 60Hz in the Windows display settings, it
    would revert back to 59Hz. I read that's because some monitors are actually running at 59.90Hz or something.

The only "solution" I found, to prevent from doing a hard reset when you exit a game and get stuck on a black screen, is to open Task Manager and kill the game manually instead of exiting the game normally. Of course, save your game and such before you do
    this! I'm not sure what causes this as I only have 1 monitor connected and my temps are fine. I have all the latest drivers/patches/etc. It only seems to happen with older games, the most recent games I've had this issue with are with Prototype 1 & 2 and Mortal
    Kombat Kollection. It doesn't happen with newer games released after 2014 it seems.

4790k OC

980Ti OC

16GB RAM

1440p 60Hz

MooppooM, Dec 26, 2016
  3. Black screen after exiting games

So i bought a tv from a friend today to replace my broken PC monitor. It works perfectly expect for one thing. Whenever i quit a game like csgo the screen goes black and doesnt go back until i restart the system. Any help guys? The tv is samsung 23 inch
    i dont know the model. and it worked fine on the old monitor.

PauliKarasti, Dec 26, 2016
Thema:

Exiting Games Results in a Black Screen, forcing hard reset.

1. Exiting Games Results in a Black Screen, forcing hard reset. - Similar Threads - Exiting Games Results

2. Black screen and with no option to hard reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen and with no option to hard reset: Hello. My Windows 10 laptop is on, evidenced by the lit up power button, but my screen remains black. Factory reset didn’t work. What should I do? I need urgent assistance as I have really important work to get done....
  3. Black screen and with no option to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and with no option to hard reset: Hello. My Windows 10 laptop is on, evidenced by the lit up power button, but my screen remains black. Factory reset didn’t work. What should I do? I need urgent assistance as I have really important work to get done....
  4. Black screen and with no option to hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen randomly goes black while gaming, requires a hard reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen randomly goes black while gaming, requires a hard reset.: Hi, For a few months now, my screen will randomly go black, I will hear a windows error sound unable to read it obviously and I am forced to do a hard reset. I have tried everything I could think of and cannot figure it out. Here is the error log: Source Windows Summary...
  6. Screen randomly goes black while gaming, requires a hard reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen randomly goes black while gaming, requires a hard reset.: Hi, For a few months now, my screen will randomly go black, I will hear a windows error sound unable to read it obviously and I am forced to do a hard reset. I have tried everything I could think of and cannot figure it out. Here is the error log: Source Windows Summary...
  7. Factory reset results in black screen and doesn't finish

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset results in black screen and doesn't finish: I'm trying do a factory reset on an Alienware PC that I got a while ago. Whenever I hit reset, it takes about 30 minutes to finish loading, and then my computer goes into a black screen. The PC is still on, as my mouse still lights up and the logo on the PC does as well, but...
  8. Black screen after exiting games then recovers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after exiting games then recovers: Hi All, Started having the following issue yesterday, every time i would quit out of a game both of my monitors would go blank stay like it for a minute or so then recover I uninstalled my GPU drivers with DDU but issue was still on-going i have since reinstalled a fresh...
  9. Playing Game (HoN) Screens go Black, needs hard reset. Only gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing Game (HoN) Screens go Black, needs hard reset. Only gaming: Hi People, I built my own PC and its been running great for 2 years. Using an SSD for OS and boot, and 1TB black drive for games and programs. I recently installed "Heroes of Newerth" for some giggles. I dont believe it is a highly intensive game on the GPU but i...
  10. Black screen after exiting games

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after exiting games: Hi all, Ever since I installed the Windows 10 Anniversary edition update a few weeks ago, I've been having a weird display issue. Every time I finishing playing a game, upon exiting back to Windows my desktop is completely black. After some trial and error I've found...