Windows 10: Exlamation Point next to ps/2 mouse and keyboard

Discus and support Exlamation Point next to ps/2 mouse and keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In device manager, when going to the view tab and clicking show hidden devices I have exclamation points next to Standard PS/2 Keyboard and Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mrkwhlr2, Jan 20, 2016.

1. mrkwhlr2 Win User

Exlamation Point next to ps/2 mouse and keyboard

In device manager, when going to the view tab and clicking show hidden devices I have exclamation points next to Standard PS/2 Keyboard and Microsoft PS/2 Mouse. I can uninstall, but after reboot they appear again. My motherboard does not even have PS/2 outlets, only USB.

I have downloaded and installed the latest intel chipset drivers 10.1.2.10. The errors showed up before and after the chipset update.

After running perfmon /report I get errors for both of these.

After I uninstall both of these in device manager and run perfmon /report I do not get the errors, however they reappear after a re-boot.

Any suggested solutions?

thanks,

mw

:)

mrkwhlr2, Jan 20, 2016

2. PS/2 keyboard and mouse troubles

Did you try System Restore?

Frederik Long, Jan 20, 2016
  3. PS/2 keyboard and mouse troubles

No, it won't.

If you have finicky programs then you must create an image of your system drive and store it on an external disk. Why? Because sooner or later you would have to re-install them. It's your insurance policy!

Frederik Long, Jan 20, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

This is the latest version of the chipset drivers. So I'm not sure what you downloaded.

swarfega, Jan 20, 2016
  5. mrkwhlr2 Win User
    Latest Intel Chipset Device Software

I was following this thread on this forum. and downloaded the latest from Guru3d?

regardless, the exclamation points were there from clean install, and through 2 chipset updates.

mrkwhlr2, Jan 20, 2016
  6. eastman Win User
    That's very odd. If they show up in device manager, survive chipset updates, and do weird stuff with perfmon I assume it's your BIOS. Because it's pretty obvious that no other fix works, which means it's rooted to the very base level of hardware detection. Try updating your BIOS (backup first in case it doesn't work) and see about that, or try downgrading (after backup as well).

PS: only install driver updates from their official source (i.e. Intel.com). Chances are, your hardware manufacturer has a utility for downloading and updating drivers. I know Intel does, and here's a link to the latest version of the utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

eastman, Jan 21, 2016
  7. mrkwhlr2 Win User
    In device manager/show/show hidden devices
    this is the standard ps/2 keyboard, it has an exclamation point next to it.
    ACPI\VEN_PNP&DEV_0303
    ACPI\PNP0303
    *PNP0303

This is the Microsoft ps/2 mouse
    ACPI\VEN_PNP&DEV_0F03
    ACPI\PNP0F03
    *PNP0F03

again, I have no ps/2 outlets on my mobo? I have uninstalled these, re-run perfmon /report and have no errors. they re-appear after reboot, re-run perfmon /report and I show (2) errors, which are these (2) items needing drivers.

I have tried to update but I get the same response each time...windows has determined that the driver software for your device is up to date...Ovioulsy not!

mrkwhlr2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Exlamation Point next to ps/2 mouse and keyboard - Similar Threads - Exlamation Point next

2. standard ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    standard ps/2 keyboard: What will happen if I uninstall the original keyboard on my laptop? Is it safe to uninstall it will the power button still work if I press it after the restart? My original keyboard keys didn't work because its connector is loose and I still don't have time to fix this so I...
  3. standard ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    standard ps/2 keyboard: What will happen if I uninstall the original keyboard on my laptop? Is it safe to uninstall it will the power button still work if I press it after the restart? My original keyboard keys didn't work because its connector is loose and I still don't have time to fix this so I...
  4. standard ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Standard Ps/2 keyboard

Standard Ps/2 keyboard: Hello sir,I have recently update my windows version 1709 to 21H2. My windows gone corrupted.As soon as I updated my windows , only the windows shortcuts of Standard PS/2 Keyboard inbuilt of laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145-15API are not working. I have done these following steps....
  6. Standard Ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Ps/2 keyboard: Hello sir,I have recently update my windows version 1709 to 21H2. My windows gone corrupted.As soon as I updated my windows , only the windows shortcuts of Standard PS/2 Keyboard inbuilt of laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145-15API are not working. I have done these following steps....
  7. Standard Ps/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PS/2 Mouse Shows Plugged In But No PS/2 Mouse Being Used

in Windows 10 Customization
    PS/2 Mouse Shows Plugged In But No PS/2 Mouse Being Used: I have an HP Envy laptop, using the newest version of Windows 10. Having mouse problems, so I tried to uninstall and re-install the mouse. Device Manager shows 2 mice...a PS/2 version, and on that just says HID Compliant. When I unplug the USB dongle, the HID Compliant...
  9. PS/2 Mouse

PS/2 Mouse: Hello, I have 2 PS/2 mouses. A Logitech TrackMan Vista and a Logitech TrackMan Marble FX. But they just won't work on my desktop (My desktop has a PS/2 port, so i just plug them in my PS/2 port). I tried al the sulutions that i found on the internet but none will work....
  10. Laptop keyboard ps/2

Laptop keyboard ps/2: One of the keys on my laptop became defective. This affected the keyboard operation. I therefore obtained a usb keyboard thet works perfect. Unfortunately during bootup and while working, the internal keyboard seems to interfere, so much, that sometimes I have to switch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ps/2 mouse exclamation mark

2. remove ps2 mouse kb exclamation points