Windows 10: Expanding Windows Storage Spaces

Discus and support Expanding Windows Storage Spaces in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello... I've recently added a couple of drives to my existing Storage Pool which is made up of the following drive sizes: 2x4TB 4x3TB The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bakedcorn, Oct 3, 2016.

1. bakedcorn Win User

Expanding Windows Storage Spaces

Hello...

I've recently added a couple of drives to my existing Storage Pool which is made up of the following drive sizes:

2x4TB
    4x3TB

The pool is set for parity.

The total pool capacity showing is 18.1TB and currently using 8.27TB however when I check the drive within Windows Explorer it reads:

Storage space (drive V) 2.76TB free of 8.26TB

Please note that I have optimized the pool.

Am I missing something here as I would assume that the 8.26TB would increase to what the total pool capacity is (18.1TB)?

Please note I can increase the "Available pool capacity" from 9.91TB to 18.1TB but I'm concerned that I'll lose all my data. *Eek*Eek*Eek*Eek*Eek

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

bakedcorn, Oct 3, 2016

2. Expanding Storage Space of C Drive

Hi Aman,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• How are you trying to install the language pack?
    • What do you mean when you say "Previously, Cortana was working fine"? Kindly expound the issue with Cortana.
    Meanwhile, let us perform a disk clean up. Disk clean up is a tool that is designed with Windows to free up space on the computer's hard drive, deleting temporary files that are no longer needed by the system. For instructions, you may refer
    to this article.

You may want to visit this
    article
    for tips on how to free up drive space on your computer.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 3, 2016
  3. Aman_Raj Win User
    Expanding Storage Space of C Drive

How are you trying to install the language pack?

Ans- I opened settings of Cortana and there in the option 'let Cortana respond to "hey Cortana" ', I turned it on and then English(IN) was showing error in downloading.

What do you mean when you say "Previously, Cortana was working fine"? Kindly expound the issue with Cortana.

Ans- By previously, I mean before windows 10 creator's update, i.e. windows running on 1607.

Aman_Raj, Oct 3, 2016
  4. AMGOMG Win User

Hi there, I know it's a bit of a late reply; though I've on several occasions increased space sizes and have never experienced any data loss. You simply click the "Change" link for your storage space "Drive V". Then in the "Storage Space Size (maximum)" field you increase this number to match your new higher capacity storage pool. You can even go higher like say 50TB; in case you want to add more storage to the pool later on.

AMGOMG, Nov 21, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Berton, Nov 21, 2016
  6. AMGOMG Win User
    AMGOMG, Nov 21, 2016
  7. spunk Win User
    Go to Start/Search and type diskmgmt.msc, right click the diskmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the lower pane of Disk Management how does it list our drives?

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Expanding Windows Storage Spaces - Similar Threads - Expanding Storage Spaces

2. Expanding storage spaces with parity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expanding storage spaces with parity.: The storage space was created like this.New-VirtualDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName "Storage pool" -FriendlyName "Files" -NumberOfColumns 5 -Interleave 64KB -ResiliencySettingName Parity -UseMaximumSizeThen formatted with 128 KB as the Allocation Unit Size.I initially had 5*2TB...
  3. Expanding storage spaces with parity.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expanding storage spaces with parity.: The storage space was created like this.New-VirtualDisk -StoragePoolFriendlyName "Storage pool" -FriendlyName "Files" -NumberOfColumns 5 -Interleave 64KB -ResiliencySettingName Parity -UseMaximumSizeThen formatted with 128 KB as the Allocation Unit Size.I initially had 5*2TB...
  4. Expanding storage spaces with parity.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Expanding Storage Space

Expanding Storage Space: Connected to my desktop running Windows 10 Home 21H1, I have an external drive enclosure with four 3TB drives JBOD mode being used as a single storage space. The devices are setup in a "Two-way mirror" configuration with a total capacity of 5.45 TB 10.9 TB raw. The space is...
  6. Expanding Storage

Expanding Storage: So I had just recently purchased an 'HP Stream Laptop 14"' and I was given about 50GB on the computer itself. I know that to a lot of people this may seem like more than enough, it however doesn't allow me to download even 1/3 of the stuff I need. I came across the option to...
  7. Windows Storage Spaces

Windows Storage Spaces: I see this question alot lately, but no firm answers. I have a 60TB storage enclosure with 54TB of video. This was configured using Storage Spaces and named the pool "Example". All worked fine on this one specific machine with Windows 10 1903. It worked so well that I...
  8. Storage space

Storage space: I've been trying to install the newest update. However, it says I need more disk space. I've looked online and on the Microsoft website and deleted everything I can. There's nothing in downloads, temporary files, pictures, videos or anything that isn't needed for it to run...
  9. Windows 10 Storage Spaces not expanding error 0000002

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Storage Spaces not expanding error 0000002: Having upgraded my gaming rig I thought i'd use the old parts to upgrade my media server. My Media server is just a version of windows 10 sharing files using storage spaces. so I started a clean version on windows 10 (pro) and installed 3 hard drives and then set up a...
  10. Windows 10 Storage Spaces not expanding error 0000002

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Storage Spaces not expanding error 0000002: Having upgraded my gaming rig I thought i'd use the old parts to upgrade my media server. My Media server is just a version of windows 10 sharing files using storage spaces. so I started a clean version on windows 10 (pro) and installed 3 hard drives and then set up a...