Windows 10: Experiencing huge ping spikes 1k+

Discus and support Experiencing huge ping spikes 1k+ in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed win 10 and ever since then have experienced like spikes like crazy, making games unplayable due to massive rubberbanding. Is anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RobMathew, Aug 2, 2015.

1. RobMathew Win User

Experiencing huge ping spikes 1k+

I installed win 10 and ever since then have experienced like spikes like crazy, making games unplayable due to massive rubberbanding. Is anyone experiencing this and how can i fix this?

:)

RobMathew, Aug 2, 2015
  2. JoeOrsak Win User

WLAN auto configuration logic causes massive ping spikes

Having this exact problem. If I enable autoconfirguation, then I get a huge ping spike every 6th ping.

IE. if I do a recursive ping to
    Google.com
    for example:
    Experiencing huge ping spikes 1k+ [​IMG]

As soon as I disable autoconfiguration, the ping spike goes away. Obviously, that's a pain in the rear. What's the fix?

JoeOrsak, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Wilson T Win User
    Windows 10 high ping

Hello,

On windows 8.1 i always had skype running and I got 20-50ping. Since the upgrade of Windows 10, I get 60
    ping and sometimes it spikes to 200 ping.

Wilson T, Aug 2, 2015
  4. mrnull Win User

been having the same issue
    seems like there are some network driver issues
    when i use my ethernet cable steam/battle.net/origin/etc download slower then 100KB/s, when i was using win7 my DL speed was close to 1MB
    switched to my wifi dongle, and my DL speed jumped to around 500KB/s, yet as like with the ethernetcable, in win7 i was close to 1MB/s

my ping skyrockets in games, up over 5000+ at times

mrnull, Aug 2, 2015
  5. RobMathew Win User
    no one else seems to have this issue, i think im gonna have to record it and show what im talking about. This is just ridiculous

RobMathew, Aug 2, 2015
  6. I had the same problem when i installed windows 10. i fixed it by uninstalling my drivers for my wireless adapter, then restarting my pc, then reinstall and no more like spikes. *Smile

Smitty warben, Aug 6, 2015
  7. RaviR Win User
    Did you try clean uninstalling your drivers, downloading the latest versions and re-installing?

RaviR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Experiencing huge ping spikes 1k+ - Similar Threads - Experiencing huge ping

2. Random High Ping Spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random High Ping Spikes: Internet, This is my first post ever, so no judge haha. Anyways, I've been having quite large ping spikes from 100-999+. It makes all online games pretty much unplayable, I'm not quite sure what the issue is after looking at 10+ different website, nothing seems to work. I've...
  3. Ping spikes every 10 seconds after hibernate

Ping spikes every 10 seconds after hibernate: Hello everyone I have an issue, that my wireless internet connection is getting ping spikes 2500ms+ every 10 seconds. The weird thing is that it only occurs after hibernation. If i restart the computer, everything is fine, but as soon as i do a hibernation, the problem is...
  4. Random ping spikes while gaming.

Random ping spikes while gaming.: I recently (about 2 weeks ago) started having random lag spikes while playing games. I only really notice it while playing online video games with friends, and i can tell that it is a ping issue not a frame rate issue. My Discord is also affected. My friends recommended...
  5. Windows 10 high ping spikes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 high ping spikes randomly: As the tittle says i get high ping spikes in games and discord randomly 1000+ ms (while my brother is on the same discord server with , me he has around 60-70ms) when i go to task manager network usage it says 0% usage or 1 % but the i see some services at the top and the...
  6. Ping spikes in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes in games: So my laptop recently updated to the latest version of windows (1809). I have generally stay away from windows updates because it always breaks something, but despite disabling the updates windows decided to force them on to my laptop. Ever since the update I have experienced...
  7. Experiencing ping spikes(lag) suddently after installing Windows update/Visual C++ 2012...

Experiencing ping spikes(lag) suddently after installing Windows update/Visual C++ 2012...: Well I remember I was playing just fine Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, there were No ping spikes, the ping was always around 100-120 and there wasnt lag, I remember I needed to install some application(I believe also updated MSVS) but after the installation of Visual C++...
  8. League of Legends Ping spike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    League of Legends Ping spike: Hi I've been playing league on this new laptop we just bought it 3 days ago and when i always play every 5 minutes or 2 I always get 200+ ping I dont know if its my laptop or my wifi please respond...
  9. High ping spike (2500+) every 10 seconds

High ping spike (2500+) every 10 seconds: Hello, Since one of the last WIndows updates, every 10 seconds my ping will jump from ~20 to over 2500. It is very consistent. I feel like I've tried every suggested solution the internet has to offer, from resetting my router, to a full Windows 10 reinstall/repair. The...
  10. Periodic ping spikes for wireless network adapters

Periodic ping spikes for wireless network adapters: Hi guys! I have been having issues with my wireless network adapters since upgrading to Windows 10 earlier this spring. What I've noticed is that I consistently get periodic ping spikes (~3k ms) at regular intervals, which means I'm essentially unable to play any online...