Windows 10: Experiencing huge ping spikes 1k+

Discus and support Experiencing huge ping spikes 1k+ in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed win 10 and ever since then have experienced like spikes like crazy, making games unplayable due to massive rubberbanding. Is anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RobMathew, Aug 2, 2015.

1. RobMathew Win User

Experiencing huge ping spikes 1k+

I installed win 10 and ever since then have experienced like spikes like crazy, making games unplayable due to massive rubberbanding. Is anyone experiencing this and how can i fix this?

:)

RobMathew, Aug 2, 2015
  2. JoeOrsak Win User

WLAN auto configuration logic causes massive ping spikes

Having this exact problem. If I enable autoconfirguation, then I get a huge ping spike every 6th ping.

IE. if I do a recursive ping to
    Google.com
    for example:
    Experiencing huge ping spikes 1k+ [​IMG]

As soon as I disable autoconfiguration, the ping spike goes away. Obviously, that's a pain in the rear. What's the fix?

JoeOrsak, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Wilson T Win User
    Windows 10 high ping

Hello,

On windows 8.1 i always had skype running and I got 20-50ping. Since the upgrade of Windows 10, I get 60
    ping and sometimes it spikes to 200 ping.

Wilson T, Aug 2, 2015
  4. mrnull Win User

been having the same issue
    seems like there are some network driver issues
    when i use my ethernet cable steam/battle.net/origin/etc download slower then 100KB/s, when i was using win7 my DL speed was close to 1MB
    switched to my wifi dongle, and my DL speed jumped to around 500KB/s, yet as like with the ethernetcable, in win7 i was close to 1MB/s

my ping skyrockets in games, up over 5000+ at times

mrnull, Aug 2, 2015
  5. RobMathew Win User
    no one else seems to have this issue, i think im gonna have to record it and show what im talking about. This is just ridiculous

RobMathew, Aug 2, 2015
  6. I had the same problem when i installed windows 10. i fixed it by uninstalling my drivers for my wireless adapter, then restarting my pc, then reinstall and no more like spikes. *Smile

Smitty warben, Aug 6, 2015
  7. RaviR Win User
    Did you try clean uninstalling your drivers, downloading the latest versions and re-installing?

RaviR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Experiencing huge ping spikes 1k+ - Similar Threads - Experiencing huge ping

2. Getting Huge Ping Spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Huge Ping Spikes: Hi, as the description says, i have been getting very high ping spikes recently. I have already been looking trough many other posts, with similar issues and tried as many fixes i could find. I also did a Test on this Website and as you can see in the picuture, my ping spikes...
  3. Getting Huge Ping Spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Huge Ping Spikes: Hi, as the description says, i have been getting very high ping spikes recently. I have already been looking trough many other posts, with similar issues and tried as many fixes i could find. I also did a Test on this Website and as you can see in the picuture, my ping spikes...
  4. Huge ping spike every 10-40 seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huge ping spike every 10-40 seconds.: A week ago, I was playing a coop game with a friend, and ever since then, there has been huge ping spikes every few seconds. Any tips on how I could fix this?...
  5. Huge ping spike every 10-40 seconds.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge ping spike every 10-40 seconds.: A week ago, I was playing a coop game with a friend, and ever since then, there has been huge ping spikes every few seconds. Any tips on how I could fix this?...
  6. Huge ping spike every 10-40 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes: On monday my ISP installed new router and cable going to my house. Everything worked fine for first 2 days, I was really happy with the speed of download and low stable ping, but today I experienced huge ping spikes is online games to the point of making them unplayable.I...
  8. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ping spikes: On monday my ISP installed new router and cable going to my house. Everything worked fine for first 2 days, I was really happy with the speed of download and low stable ping, but today I experienced huge ping spikes is online games to the point of making them unplayable.I...
  9. Ping Spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Spikes: Every time i play a game my ping always spikes all the way up to 1000+ MS when my average is around 80-100 when its not spiking anyone knows how to fix? Please ive been dealing with this problem for 3 Months now...
  10. Huge, Seemingly Unfixable Ping Spikes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Huge, Seemingly Unfixable Ping Spikes: I usually have a relatively stable ping of around 15-30ms whenever using my PC, but in the last week or so, this weird problem has popped up that causes my ping to spike in the thousands. I've tried everything. I've ran SFC scans and DISM, I've updated and downgraded the...