Windows 10: Experiencing multiple issues ever since Windows 8.1 Update in May-June

Discus and support Experiencing multiple issues ever since Windows 8.1 Update in May-June in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ever since a Windows 8.1 update (which I don't remember specifically) in the May-June time frame, my laptop keyboard stopped working even though it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kanoro, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Kanoro Win User

Experiencing multiple issues ever since Windows 8.1 Update in May-June

Ever since a Windows 8.1 update (which I don't remember specifically) in the May-June time frame, my laptop keyboard stopped working even though it still works on my windows login screen (and I have to use an external keyboard for everything else) resizing windows is extremely slow, laggy, and delayed, Photoshop is the same, when simply moving the cursor around the pictures. It's impossible to use. My framerate is also lower in games, typing in certain websites like deviantart.com, tumblr.com and hotmail.com will literally start off super laggy and eventually freeze solid and I am unable to exit the site without ending it through task manager. This happens in all browsers. I rolled back the update and everything was fine again. I rolled back and reupdated at least 4 times and the result was always the same. Everything was fine before and went to crap afterwards. I decided to keep my system rolled back and waited until Windows 10 was released. After I upgraded to Windows 10, the problems returned and I was unable to roll back. I am sure it's not a virus and my graphics drivers are up to date. My ram sticks are all in good condition and when I check my system usage under task manager, my levels are all normal. This laptop is less than 2 years old and has never given me any issues until that update. It is also running at normal temperatures. The strangest part about this all is that my computer will shut off on it's own every 5-15 minutes unless I have a video or music playing. Even if I'm actively browsing the web or typing in a forum or something. I do not have it set to go into any type of automatic sleep mode or anything.

Manufacture: CyberPowerPC
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4900MQ CPU 2.80GHz
    Memory: 16.0GB
    Hard Drive: 1TB HDD and 120GB SSD
    Video Cards: dual Radeon HD 8970M cards

:)

Kanoro, Oct 17, 2015

2. edge browser broken by June 2017 updates

If anyone has been experiencing this problem since May/June 2017, please refer to the post made by Laugh M in the following forum:

Edge flashes address bar making unable to type or search - Microsoft Edge Development

McAfee and Edge together are the culprits, since a recent Windows Update. Well, at least for myself and a few other people.

Uninstalling and reinstalling any McAfee product fixes the problem. I have already done that with two separate PCs, and the problem is now solved.

I have been running Windows 10 since the beginning and this was the first issue I had ever experienced. I love W10 and I feel sorry for those of you who are having bad experiences, because it really is a great system. It's not Edge's fault or Windows 10's
    fault. it's just something with the Anti-Virus and one of the updates released in May or June.

Laugh M saved my sanity Experiencing multiple issues ever since Windows 8.1 Update in May-June :)

johntdrums, Oct 17, 2015
  3. WINDOWS PHONE HOLIDAY NOTIFICATIONS WRONG DAY OR REPEATED

hi i have a windows phone (nokia lumia 521). ever since it did an auto update to windows 8.1 i get holiday notifications for the same holiday for multiple days or the wrong day. today when the phone is awakened it stated is memorial day, which was monday,
    may 25th. today is june 1st. i thought maybe the phone was set to the wrong year, but no the year is correct. then i thought maybe i need to turn the phone off and on, but no this did not fix it. i only use the phone to create notifications, but these holiday
    reminders are automatically created. please help. thanks.

DataMiner2, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

Experiencing multiple issues ever since Windows 8.1 Update in May-June

1. Experiencing multiple issues ever since Windows 8.1 Update in May-June - Similar Threads - Experiencing multiple issues

2. Ever since a June/July update, desktop defaults to sepia/yellow tint

in Windows 10 Support
    Ever since a June/July update, desktop defaults to sepia/yellow tint: So, I have been having this issue ever since an official update in June/July (cannot recall which one). I turn on the pc (Win 10 Home v. 2004, Build 19041.1110), and starting with the login screen, my desktop is tinted with a sepia/yellowish color, as if I had set up a custom...
  3. Latest Windows Updates, November, May and June

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Updates, November, May and June: all of windows updates since november have done damage to my computer, Mays wiped out my graphics, mouse leaves a trail, screen is shifter to the left, Junes update removed everything from desktop but recycling bin and removed everything from task bar and will not let you put...
  4. Random BSODs ever since May 2019 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs ever since May 2019 update.: The may 2019 update forced itself upon my computer at the end of August and ever since I have been plagued with BSODs with the vague descriptor of "critical_process_died". These BSODs never generate dump files, the BSOD just sits at 0% indefinitely while my CPU fan whirs up...
  5. network connectivity issues since windows update June 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network connectivity issues since windows update June 2019: Hello, Firstly, I have windows 10 and had NO problems connecting to the internet until I completed the last Windows update. Now, the only way I can connect to the internet is to connect directly to the modem. But I need my wireless connection back. Has anyone else had...
  6. Videos don't play since last update (May 1?)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Videos don't play since last update (May 1?): Last update...a few days ago. Since then, no video ANYWHERE will play....not on FB, YouTube, anywhere!! Please tell me how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-dont-play-since-last-update-may-1/6e13f067-d62c-4d12-911a-6c0fd0e4b8ba
  7. Intel at COMPUTEX 2019 on May 28 to June 1

in Windows 10 News
    Intel at COMPUTEX 2019 on May 28 to June 1: Join Intel at COMPUTEX 2019 to discover how the company is transforming intelligent computing for our data-centric world to expand human potential. Intel is delivering technology leadership, working closely with the ecosystem to fuel innovation and push the boundaries of...
  8. Multiple issues experienced on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple issues experienced on Windows 10: Split from this thread. @Jason_E (MSFT) How about a couple of more? - Wifi doesnt connect fast on Windows start, stays disconnected often for about 1-2 minute until finally connects, connection speed after entering login screen is totally random, can be 2 seconds, 10...
  9. Login issues since the May 2018 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login issues since the May 2018 update: Since this update - my tablet, which thankfully I do not use often (as it is next to not possible now) login is extremely slow (click on screen to start login and have to wait minutes before I can enter any "auth" info, and I can no longer use the PIN method. Further,...
  10. Problem since May 8 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem since May 8 Update: My wife has an older Toshiba laptop with 64 AMD processor. It has a Crucial SSD BX200. We had no end of problem back in January with the KB4056892 update. At that time, I did a clean install of Win 10 Home that eliminated the troublesome update. Since then it has worked fine....