Windows 10: Experiencing slight pause every four seconds

Discus and support Experiencing slight pause every four seconds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For many weeks, whenever I play audio files (e.g., MP3s, using the Groove Music app) or video files (e.g., MP4, using the Movies & TV app), I notice a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChrisWaters, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Experiencing slight pause every four seconds

For many weeks, whenever I play audio files (e.g., MP3s, using the Groove Music app) or video files (e.g., MP4, using the Movies & TV app), I notice a very slight pause about every four seconds; the pause is accompanied by a barely audible buzzing noise. I'm guessing the pause is affecting all running apps but I'm only noticing it when playing audio/video files.

I've closed all other open applications, including nearly every item in the system tray. Task Manager hasn't helped identify the problem; I don't see any spikes (in CPU, Memory, Disk, Network, or GPU) corresponding to the issue; I don't see any apps or background processes taking up large amounts of resources. Windows Defender does not report any issues.

This is a Dell desktop PC running Windows 10 1803. It has 20GB of RAM, a 512GB SSD C: drive, and a 750GB HDD D: drive.

Any suggestions?

:)

ChrisWaters, Jul 1, 2018
  2. Devon68 Win User

Can't resume a Youtube video after pausing it

This happens to me almost every time I pause the video and leave it to buffer up a little. After pausing it I just cant resume it and have to refresh the page. I'm using the latest Firefox browser.
    I looked around the internet and see some people suggest it might be the adobe flash players fault.
    What do you think, and has anyone experienced something similar?

Devon68, Jul 1, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Can't resume a Youtube video after pausing it

Maybe it's time to use Chrome? *Big Grin Experiencing slight pause every four seconds :D Never had any issues with youtube videos

P4-630, Jul 1, 2018
  4. Swapna S Win User

Experiencing slight pause every four seconds

Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

Search downloads

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

Experiencing slight pause every four seconds

1. Experiencing slight pause every four seconds - Similar Threads - Experiencing slight pause

2. Videos pause every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos pause every few seconds.: Videos pause every few seconds. I have tried everything suggested. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-pause-every-few-seconds/118c5074-1863-4037-9b7a-908fc8661dbd
  3. Videos pause every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos pause every few seconds.: Videos pause every few seconds. I have tried everything suggested. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-pause-every-few-seconds/118c5074-1863-4037-9b7a-908fc8661dbd
  4. Videos pause every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Online videos pause every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online videos pause every few seconds: Why do my Online videos pause every few seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-videos-pause-every-few-seconds/0d6a4de9-fa7b-4362-b6b6-20a26cd5857b
  6. Online videos pause every few seconds

Online videos pause every few seconds: Why do my Online videos pause every few seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-videos-pause-every-few-seconds/0d6a4de9-fa7b-4362-b6b6-20a26cd5857b
  7. Online videos pause every few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Video pausing every 3-5 seconds

Video pausing every 3-5 seconds: Hey!I've had my Lenovo Thinkpad L15 for about a year or so, and in the past couple of days I have had problems with streaming videos. Every 3-5 seconds it pauses without me touching anything. Sometimes it restarts without me touching it either. This is the case no matter what...
  9. Experiencing slight pause every four seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Experiencing slight pause every four seconds: For many weeks, whenever I play audio files (e.g., MP3s, using the Groove Music app) or video files (e.g., MP4, using the Movies & TV app), I notice a very slight pause about every four seconds; the pause is accompanied by a barely audible buzzing noise. I'm guessing the...
  10. Laptop pauses every one second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop pauses every one second: Just finished instal on 2nd laptop yesterday. There is a pause every second that is shown by the mouse pointer displaying the revolving circle. Everything appears to be working although task manager is jerky. any ideas on this pls... 22639

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome pause every 4 seconds