Experiencing slight pause every four seconds

Discus and support Experiencing slight pause every four seconds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For many weeks, whenever I play audio files (e.g., MP3s, using the Groove Music app) or video files (e.g., MP4, using the Movies & TV app), I notice a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChrisWaters, Jul 1, 2018.

1. ChrisWaters Win User

For many weeks, whenever I play audio files (e.g., MP3s, using the Groove Music app) or video files (e.g., MP4, using the Movies & TV app), I notice a very slight pause about every four seconds; the pause is accompanied by a barely audible buzzing noise. I'm guessing the pause is affecting all running apps but I'm only noticing it when playing audio/video files.

I've closed all other open applications, including nearly every item in the system tray. Task Manager hasn't helped identify the problem; I don't see any spikes (in CPU, Memory, Disk, Network, or GPU) corresponding to the issue; I don't see any apps or background processes taking up large amounts of resources. Windows Defender does not report any issues.

This is a Dell desktop PC running Windows 10 1803. It has 20GB of RAM, a 512GB SSD C: drive, and a 750GB HDD D: drive.

Any suggestions?

:)

ChrisWaters, Jul 1, 2018
  2. Devon68 Win User

Can't resume a Youtube video after pausing it

This happens to me almost every time I pause the video and leave it to buffer up a little. After pausing it I just cant resume it and have to refresh the page. I'm using the latest Firefox browser.
    I looked around the internet and see some people suggest it might be the adobe flash players fault.
    What do you think, and has anyone experienced something similar?

Devon68, Jul 1, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Can't resume a Youtube video after pausing it

Maybe it's time to use Chrome? *Big Grin Experiencing slight pause every four seconds :D Never had any issues with youtube videos

P4-630, Jul 1, 2018
  4. Swapna S Win User

Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

Search downloads

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Experiencing slight pause every four seconds - Similar Threads - Experiencing slight pause

2. Experiencing slight pause every four seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Experiencing slight pause every four seconds: For many weeks, whenever I play audio files (e.g., MP3s, using the Groove Music app) or video files (e.g., MP4, using the Movies & TV app), I notice a very slight pause about every four seconds; the pause is accompanied by a barely audible buzzing noise. I'm guessing the...
  3. Survey says 50% of Windows 10 users experienced issues

in Windows 10 News
    Survey says 50% of Windows 10 users experienced issues: The UK consumer group Which? recently conducted a survey and it appears that close to 50 percent of users have experienced issues while using Windows 10 operating system. The survey includes 1,100 members of Which, and interestingly, no less than half of all Windows 10 users...
  4. I'm experiencing flickering of my desktop icons as if it's refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm experiencing flickering of my desktop icons as if it's refreshing: I'm not sure if this flickering that I'm experiencing in my Windows 10 desktop icons is caused by my graphics card or a conflict with the software installed. I've had the same graphics card for almost 10 years and it's never given me any problems. I was going to upgrade and...
  5. Experienced three BSODs in one day with different reasons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Experienced three BSODs in one day with different reasons: After Window 10 1703 upgrade my laptop experienced three BSODs in one day, and according to reliability history they had different reasons that caused Windows stopped working.The first bugcheck: 0x000000d1, second: 0x0000001e, third: 0x00000139 The info zip...
  6. Experiencing BSOD's about once a week - 0x00000133 - hal.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Experiencing BSOD's about once a week - 0x00000133 - hal.dll: Hey guys So about 8 months ago i upgraded my MOBO to a Gigabyte gigabyte z170x-ud3 ultra, upgraded my CPU to a i7 6700K and also upgraded my RAM to 16GB DDR4 at 2400Mhz. I kept the same GPU a EVGA GTX 970 FTW and also kept the same PSU ( I cant recall the exact specs of...
  7. Partition Wizard 10.1 Questions to experienced users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partition Wizard 10.1 Questions to experienced users: I have a number of bootable Partition Wizard CDs from v9.1 and going back. I see that there is a new version - 10.1 - but it looks like there is no free version of the bootable CD. It seems you must buy a full version of the software to be able to create the boot CD....
  8. After updating to the FCU I am experiencing sound popping issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After updating to the FCU I am experiencing sound popping issues: Since updating to the FCU I have been experiencing a sound popping issue that happens only when the playback starts, it's almost as if the driver cannot wake up in time from idle. After the initial popping the playback can continue for hours without issues. I tried different...
  9. Experiencing permanent freezes/lock-ups after 16.12.2 update | Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Experiencing permanent freezes/lock-ups after 16.12.2 update | Win10: Hey guys, after my Radeon Center repeatedly asked me to upgrade to the current driver version 16.12.2, which I already had installed as seen in the Radeon Center upgrade section (?), I decided to uninstall all AMD entries featured at the Windows 10 program summary and...
  10. The Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller adapter is experiencing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller adapter is experiencing: My ethernet conection is not working ;-( When I troubleshoot I get this: the Broadcom NeXtreme 57xx Gigabit controller adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware-related problems. Is this something I can fix??? Windows 10 Pro Dell optiplex 745 desktop computer....