Windows 10: Expiring date after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Expiring date after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So today I decided to do the free upgrade to Windows 10. But before that I was running on a Windows 10 Insider Preview (clean installation). So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by manatthedark, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Expiring date after upgrading to Windows 10

So today I decided to do the free upgrade to Windows 10. But before that I was running on a Windows 10 Insider Preview (clean installation). So everything went normal, it shows that my Windows is activated but when I type in the command menu "slmgr /xpr" it shows me that my Windows will expire on 12/31/2016

Imgur

Any suggestion how to fix this?

:)

manatthedark, Jul 3, 2016

2. When does the free windows 10 upgrade offer expire

What is the exact date that the free Windows 10 upgrade offer expires? i.e., at what date will I no longer have the offer of a free Windows 10 upgrade offer?

I'm only looking for the exact date of the expiration of this offer.

Thanks.

PaulSarofim, Jul 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Free Upgrade

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and it is reasonably good. I know that the free upgrade expires around July 2016, so what happens if after that expiration date of the free upgrade if my hard drive fails or I want to replace my hard drive.

Under these circumstances how do I get Windows 10 for free?

NeilGoldwein, Jul 3, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Expiring date after upgrading to Windows 10

My Insider Preview shows an expiration date in October. I'd say you are still on the Insider Preview. Didn't know the IP version can be changed to the Free Upgrade version, have always done the Free Upgrade from Win8.1 and Win7 w/SP1.

Berton, Jul 3, 2016
  5. But I'm not running the Insider Preview, right now I'm on Windows 10 Pro, I upgraded it several hours ago

Imgur

6. Berton Win User
    As far as I have seen only the Pro version was offered as the Technical Preview/Insider Preview
    Expiring date after upgrading to Windows 10 [​IMG]

Berton, Jul 3, 2016
  7. This is what I got?

Imgur

8. Berton Win User

That is the RTM/Released Free Upgrade and I see no expiration date on it. But again, I've not seen the Upgrade successfully install over the Insider Preview without first going back to Win7 w/SP1 or Win8.1. I've done more than 30 of the Free Upgrade installs since last July.

Berton, Jul 3, 2016
  9. I was considering first to install the 7 or 8.1 but today I readed somewhere that it can be done also through an Insider Preview but you'll need the serial number of your previous version. Although, I didn't use any key, the installation went normal...strange

10. wguimb Win User
    I am on the Insider Preview build 14372 and my System About shows no expiration date. My two laptops both have Windows 10 Pro 1511 and show no expiration date. I upgraded both with November 2015 release from Windows 8.1.

Newer computers using UEFI BIOS store the CD key from the manufacture, which is read by the Windows 10 upgrade and automatically activates your copy.

wguimb, Jul 3, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    The product key is wrong for an upgraded version of Windows 10 Pro. The product key should be VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

NavyLCDR, Jul 4, 2016
  12. All you see in the picture is legit, I don't know what is wrong...

manatthedark, Jul 4, 2016
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Right click on start icon, select Command Prompt (admin). Run slmgr /dlv

Post the result window here and we can likely tell you what is wrong. It's very interesting because this webpage shows -GVGXT as being a product key for Office 2013:
    GVLKs for KMS and Active Directory activation of Office 2013

I expect that you have a KMS activation, which SLMGR /DLV will tell us.

NavyLCDR, Jul 4, 2016
  14. Okay, so this is what I got:
    http://imgur.com/qu7yw2c4HY

manatthedark, Jul 4, 2016
  15. Fafhrd Win User
    Your image link in the first post shows that you have activated with a volume license key:

Volume activation will expire on...

Fafhrd, Jul 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Expiring date after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Expiring date upgrading

2. Windows will expire soon error after ssd storage upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows will expire soon error after ssd storage upgrade: I recently upgraded my SSD storage from 512 to 1TB on my Windows 10 laptop, but after that, it says the license key will expire soon. What should I do? But it is a lifetime access license...
  3. Repeated messages of "Your Windows license will expire soon" with no expiration date

Repeated messages of "Your Windows license will expire soon" with no expiration date: I was having messages like "Your Windows license will expire soon" every day since last week. I don't why this happened, and when I try to go to settings, it looks like this:I don't know when it will expire. The expiration date never showed up. The product ID was installed at...
  4. Windows 10 expiration date has changed

Windows 10 expiration date has changed: Welcome I bought a brand new HP laptop and I was the first one to use it, the information as below: licensed Windows 10 professional. Configured activation type: KMS. Volume activation expiration: 180 days. I don`t know whether they`re the cause or not, but I think it`s...
  5. Free 2015 upgrade to Windows 10 expired?

Free 2015 upgrade to Windows 10 expired?: (Unfortunately), I took advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade in 2015 and it's not been a rewarding relationship, not least because it seemed to offer me less functionality and it turned out to be incompatible with my HP printer! I am now getting constant messages that...
  6. Expiration Date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Expiration Date: Hey since last few days my laptop's windows has been showing this message that your license will be expired so soon. My license was activated by an organization and when I am checking the setting status of the activation there is no alarm there for this trouble. Now what...
  7. Windows Defender Out of Date & Won't Update after Windows 10 Upgrade

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Out of Date & Won't Update after Windows 10 Upgrade: I've been using Windows Defender -- updating and scanning fairly regularly since last February. After upgrading to Windows 10 yesterday, Defender showed up as out of date -- last updated in July. When I tried to update it from the Desktop App, it repeatedly failed. When I...
  8. My windows 10 has an activation expiration date, what to do?

My windows 10 has an activation expiration date, what to do?: I had installed Windows 10 via the media creation tool. It's been activated all this time, but today I looked at the activation tab and it tells me: "Your Windows license expires on Sunday, September 13th 2015. Contact your system admin to get a product key." What do I do...
  9. Is anyone getting an expiration date?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is anyone getting an expiration date?: Basically, I did a clean install of the Technical Preview months ago and eventually upgraded to 10240. I'm not seeing any expiration date of any kind in this build. Did Insiders just get a free copy of Windows 10 after all? 9595
  10. Windows 10TP builds expiration dates

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10TP builds expiration dates: Useful info about Windows 10TP Official builds expiration dates and what will happen when a build expires. The expiration dates for Windows 10 Technical Preview vary by build number. The table below summarizes the expiration dates for each of the builds we’ve released...