Windows 10: Explore and Bing will not disable

Discus and support Explore and Bing will not disable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Explore does not show up in add remove. I have turned windows features off by unchecking explorer, after rebooting I went back in to make sure it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Woodsprite006, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Explore and Bing will not disable

Explore does not show up in add remove. I have turned windows features off by unchecking explorer, after rebooting I went back in to make sure it was still unchecked and it was and explorer automatically launched again. Also I am not able to change my search engine no matter what I do Bing always comes right back. I know a previous post said that you can't uninstall explorer, but I want it to quit defaulting back, specially with Bing I loathe it with a passion and I feel like it's a virus at this point.

:)

Woodsprite006, Jul 9, 2017

2. bing

Here is the way Bing bar is removed from IE:

Remove Bing Bar toolbar from Internet Explorer
    To remove Bing Bar toolbar from IE browser, perform these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer by clicking its icon on the desktop or the taskbar
    • Click Tools, located on the right-hand side, and then click Manage Add-ons
    • Browse through the options in the right pane to locate Bing Bar
    • Select Bing Bar by clicking it, and then click the Disable button at the bottom of the window
    • Select the box before Bing Bar BHO under the heading Bing Bar in the Disable Add-on window
    • Click the Disable button

Jmarco0921, Jul 9, 2017
  3. Smittychat., Jul 9, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Explore and Bing will not disable

Windows Explorer is not a program that you can make changes to. It is a part of Windows that works off of Internet Explorer in the design that it has been since XP came out. There is an app out there for Firefox that you can use Google instead of Bing. You do have to have Firefox installed.

bro67, Jul 9, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Perhaps you mean Internet Explorer?

Whilst you can remove it, it's not really a good idea, as occasionally you may find a program that invokes it despite whatever yuo have done to set a different browser as default. Why? Bad programming- Internet Explorer is hard coded rather than your default browser being used.

I have Firefox as default. I never normally see IE (except as above) and FF remains my default.
    I would examine and record carefully when you see IE launched.
    Note that if the above applies, then you will get no browser launched, and maybe just an obscure error message.

However, if you insist on removing it:

Explore and Bing will not disable [​IMG]

via Control Panel, as it has been in Windows for many many years.

- the obvious question is
    Which browser are you using?

I can give you instructions for Firefox, but you might not be using it.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Explore and Bing will not disable

1. Explore and Bing will not disable - Similar Threads - Explore Bing disable

2. How do I disable the Bing Malware!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable the Bing Malware!: I get occasional popups from Bing that show up on my Windows 10 desktop, I can't figure out how to disable this and I never use Bing....Bing imageTIA : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-bing-malware/e617cc1f-6878-4f3e-81ae-9b1322e781e1
  3. How do I disable the Bing Malware!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable the Bing Malware!: I get occasional popups from Bing that show up on my Windows 10 desktop, I can't figure out how to disable this and I never use Bing....Bing imageTIA : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-bing-malware/e617cc1f-6878-4f3e-81ae-9b1322e781e1
  4. disable bing

in Windows 10 Support
    disable bing: whats all ways to disable bing in the search (bottom right hand corner) 183099
  5. Disable Bing in cortana search

in Cortana
    Disable Bing in cortana search: When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser,...
  6. How to disable Bing on Windows 10 Startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Bing on Windows 10 Startup?: How do I disable Bing on Windows 10 startup. I don't want it launching automatically. * Original title: Bing * Moved from Bing ***Modified title from: How do I disable Bing on Windows 10 startup. I don't want it launching automatically.***...
  7. Can I disable cortana and bing?

in Cortana
    Can I disable cortana and bing?: Cortana is using a lot of memory and I don't use it . The same with Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-disable-cortana-and-bing/1ccb6e45-43da-4017-9b8a-5154d63ebcb6"
  8. Disable BING as default search engine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable BING as default search engine: How do I disable BING from my browser? It pops up on start-up as the default search engine. It's so frustrating. I've gone into menu setting to change, tried the Cortana search settings fix, and it still defaults back to Bing. Have searched the internet over the months...
  9. Bing Launches from File Explorer / Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Bing Launches from File Explorer / Windows Explorer: When I search for something from File Explorer's address bar, Bing launches (from my default browser.) How do I turn this behavior off? I just want to search on my own computer. Windows Desktop version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 123890
  10. Disable explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable explorer?: It looks pretty but it is very awkward to use. How do I stop explorer being default. I cant even view PDF's on adobe. I cant find the tools in the menu help please I am stuck I don't want explorer at all.. 36493