Windows 10: Explorer: behavior while starting to type on keyboard

Discus and support Explorer: behavior while starting to type on keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i'm used that when i start, let's say R, explorer will point at the first file starting by R in the current folder. Now when i'm typing, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unko, Aug 10, 2016.

1. unko Win User

Explorer: behavior while starting to type on keyboard

Hello, i'm used that when i start, let's say R, explorer will point at the first file starting by R in the current folder. Now when i'm typing, it directly input that in the searchbox. How do i get back to the good old behavior?

:)

2. FlashGSki Win User

Windows Phone randomly scrolls to bottom of start screen

I just got a new Lumia 635 a few weeks ago and have been experiencing some very odd behavior. Occassionaly while in the middle of using the phone (typing on keyboard, scrolling through a web page, etc.) it will revert to the start screen and scroll all
    the way to the bottom. I have not been able to correlate this behavior with anything I am doing. I noticed it a few times while first setting up the phone, and it continues after getting the Lumia Denim update, too.

The only time I have seen similar behavior is when i pin a new app to the start screen. The start screen will show up and scroll to the bottom, which I think is expected. But this strange behavior (i don't know if its crashing or what) I'm not pinning
    anything, and there is nothing new there!

Any help debugging this is appreciated!

FlashGSki, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Chr1sH4ll Win User
    Program windows switching between monitors on Windows 10.

Original Title: Why does WIN10 randomly move windows between monitors?

I have a Surface 2 Pro running the latest patched Windows 10. I use various workstations, and all have either 2 or 3 monitors at each. The behavior explained here happens at all my workstations. I use a USB mouse and keyboard; so please don't waste anyone's
    time suggesting I might be bumping the touchpad while typing.

Read subject. This behavior happens while I'm typing! It's happened MANY times while I'm typing this post. It's very disruptive. This behavior only affects the active (focal) window while I'm typing. Non-active windows are not impacted. Any help would be
    greatly appreciated.

Chr1sH4ll, Aug 10, 2016
  4. unko Win User

Ok sorry i found it, it's just in the folder option.. ^^

Thema:

1. Explorer: behavior while starting to type on keyboard - Similar Threads - Explorer behavior while

2. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  3. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  4. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing: My keyboard was working fine earlier today but now it has started typing random characters and symbols before or after pressing specific keys. n types .n or n.p types upu types puj types ;j or ;j;7 types 700. types .n. Etc.Is there a fix for this? The keyboard is practically...
  6. Keyboard - unable to type while in excel.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard - unable to type while in excel.: i was creating a simple excel spreadsheet. I was typing along, heard a binging sound must have hit a secret key combination and now the keyboard will not respond. should be an easy fix but i'm not sure what to do. any help?...
  7. File Explorer Search While Typing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search While Typing: Hello, I have recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10. On this laptop's version of Windows 10, File Explorer does not search while I type my search request, unlike on my old laptop's probably seriously out-of-date version. I would like File Explorer to search while...
  8. Strange keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange keyboard behavior: Running windows 10 64bit latest update 1909 Build 18363.778 Keyboard Microsoft Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard with the MS Mouse and Keyboard Tools Software installed. Physical Keyboard layout = German QWERTZ with german Umlauts OS language is set to English, I had the...
  9. Keyboard starts typing gibberish...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard starts typing gibberish...: I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem where input via the keyboard starts typing gibberish. For example: I might want to type 'the quick brown fox..." but instead the keyboard inputs "xlkj543134". A reboot seems to cure the issue. I've seen this happen on...
  10. Typing causes wierd behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Typing causes wierd behavior: I'm using Win 10 Pro 64-bit on an Asus laptop. When ever I try typing something, I get these strange results.Menus pop up, what I'm typing disappears, caps active. Makes trying to type very difficult. 140091