Windows 10: Explorer: behavior while starting to type on keyboard

Discus and support Explorer: behavior while starting to type on keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i'm used that when i start, let's say R, explorer will point at the first file starting by R in the current folder. Now when i'm typing, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unko, Aug 10, 2016.

1. unko Win User

Explorer: behavior while starting to type on keyboard

Hello, i'm used that when i start, let's say R, explorer will point at the first file starting by R in the current folder. Now when i'm typing, it directly input that in the searchbox. How do i get back to the good old behavior?

:)

2. FlashGSki Win User

Windows Phone randomly scrolls to bottom of start screen

I just got a new Lumia 635 a few weeks ago and have been experiencing some very odd behavior. Occassionaly while in the middle of using the phone (typing on keyboard, scrolling through a web page, etc.) it will revert to the start screen and scroll all
    the way to the bottom. I have not been able to correlate this behavior with anything I am doing. I noticed it a few times while first setting up the phone, and it continues after getting the Lumia Denim update, too.

The only time I have seen similar behavior is when i pin a new app to the start screen. The start screen will show up and scroll to the bottom, which I think is expected. But this strange behavior (i don't know if its crashing or what) I'm not pinning
    anything, and there is nothing new there!

Any help debugging this is appreciated!

FlashGSki, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Chr1sH4ll Win User
    Program windows switching between monitors on Windows 10.

Original Title: Why does WIN10 randomly move windows between monitors?

I have a Surface 2 Pro running the latest patched Windows 10. I use various workstations, and all have either 2 or 3 monitors at each. The behavior explained here happens at all my workstations. I use a USB mouse and keyboard; so please don't waste anyone's
    time suggesting I might be bumping the touchpad while typing.

Read subject. This behavior happens while I'm typing! It's happened MANY times while I'm typing this post. It's very disruptive. This behavior only affects the active (focal) window while I'm typing. Non-active windows are not impacted. Any help would be
    greatly appreciated.

Chr1sH4ll, Aug 10, 2016
  4. unko Win User

Ok sorry i found it, it's just in the folder option.. ^^

Thema:

1. Explorer: behavior while starting to type on keyboard - Similar Threads - Explorer behavior while

2. Keyboard Typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! My keyboard is fine. but when I type the letter a, it will have a French accent on it. It didn't happen there but it happens to me in other apps like Google Docs. Is there any way I can stop that? Please reply back. Your help will be much appreciated....
  3. Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard: As the title suggests I can't use touchpad while I'm typing. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 330. It has windows 10 and synaptics touchpad. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-touchpad-while-typing-on-keyboard/4b8044ab-a5e0-412f-8da7-0ba9344749f2
  4. While typing on keyboard opens different programs

While typing on keyboard opens different programs: Recently I am having an Issue with my Desktop PC. While I tried to write something using my Keyboard on Firefox, Chrome or even Microsoft office Word, Notepad it keeps opens different programs instead of typing. I thought the cause might be malware or virus. So I did a deep...
  5. While typing on keyboard opens different programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    While typing on keyboard opens different programs: Recently I am having an Issue with my Desktop PC. While I tried to write something using my Keyboard on Firefox, Chrome or even Microsoft office Word, Notepad it keeps opens different programs instead of typing. I thought the cause might be malware or virus. So I did a deep...
  6. Explorer delay while typing for folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer delay while typing for folder name: When you are in explorer, you can type the letters and numbers of the folder you are looking for. If you pause it will forget what you typed and start over. I want to increase this pause delay(so I can look at the paper that has the information on it). I have looked all...
  7. Mouse freezing while typing in my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse freezing while typing in my keyboard.: I have noticed some problems with my keyboard and trackpad. I would press a key and the mouse would not let me move my mouse. This was a nuisance, especially when I play video games. I have had this problem before but I just had to change the smart senses in those mouses....
  8. Mouse freezing while typing in my keyboard.

Mouse freezing while typing in my keyboard.: I have noticed some problems with my keyboard and trackpad. I would press a key and the mouse would not let me move my mouse. This was a nuisance, especially when I play video games. I have had this problem before but I just had to change the smart senses in those mouses....
  9. No letters come up while typing on keyboard laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No letters come up while typing on keyboard laptop.: No letters are coming up while I type...the cursor is there..and moves. I have to use the onscreen keyboard to type.........which is highly annoying. cannot sign in without onscreen keyboard....
  10. Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard lag while typing on brand new laptop: Hello, I recently purchased a Lenovo Flex 5 15 inch 2-in-1 laptop at office max, and it has pretty good specs. i7 8th generation processor, 8gb of DDR4 ram at 2400 MHz, Nvidia Geforce MX130, and a 256 GB SSD. I have been using the laptop for a couple of days, and I noticed...